Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF]

To unlock a Quipment slot to need to use a crew in at least four continuum missions.

Then go to your crew quarters. Order your crew via QP. Your unlocked crew will be at the top with 1-4 slots unlocked.

Equip them like you would normal crew.
    Be aware that Quark comes along within.a week to aquire the Quipment from your crew.

I'm sorry that's just more confusing. Where is this explained in the game?

I only learned about that here. It’s overly complicated.
  • Options
    f6yhs9d8khxa.jpeg
    So broken , previously completed Galaxy nodes update from my perspective. Click “travel” and nothing happens. However if you go to them via trying to build crew equipment it lets you travel.
    All levels are playable via Gold crew and therefore nodes not that difficult to clear, just take a little time.
    However, the kicker is is that they are are not staying cleared. And the nodes not cleared don’t match the overview that shows in Galaxy map - more nodes that need clearing than shows. And numbers that make no sense are showing on Galaxy map e.g 68 nodes of 63 completed.
    So I shall go back to waiting for a proper fix.
  • Options
    So broken , previously completed Galaxy nodes update from my perspective. Click “travel” and nothing happens. However if you go to them via trying to build crew equipment it lets you travel.
    All levels are playable via Gold crew and therefore nodes not that difficult to clear, just take a little time.
    However, the kicker is is that they are are not staying cleared. And the nodes not cleared don’t match the overview that shows in Galaxy map - more nodes that need clearing than shows.
    So I shall go back to waiting for a proper fix.

For me this is not true, there is no way at all for me to get to these missions.

• Options
    OK, the bugs seem fixed and I replayed my missions.

But PLEASE get rid of that ugly yellow filter over my crew. I keep screenshots of my crew but this ruins it all.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    59dbh31ec00x.jpg

All 12 quests completed and yes it's a dilithium pit. The rewards are not worth the concerted effort. You need a large 5/5 immortalised rota to be able to clear elite and epic

vbq4at9wipqj.jpg
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    All 12 quests completed and yes it's a dilithium pit. The rewards are not worth the concerted effort. You need a large 5/5 immortalised rota to be able to clear elite and epic.

You really don't at least for Elite. The Epic rewards aren't that great unless you want more Quipment components. You don't need to spend DIL either.

After I figured stuff out that number of crew I ended up using wasn't that big. You may have to re-run normal missions to generate XP to unlock Quipment slots though.

Exactly, completed elite but didn't get the 1000 crew retrieval items, only got 250 dilithium on last epic quest. No merits received on normal level. Tickets raised.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 12 quests completed and yes it's a dilithium pit. The rewards are not worth the concerted effort. You need a large 5/5 immortalised rota to be able to clear elite and epic.

You really don't at least for Elite. The Epic rewards aren't that great unless you want more Quipment components. You don't need to spend DIL either.

After I figured stuff out that number of crew I ended up using wasn't that big. You may have to re-run normal missions to generate XP to unlock Quipment slots though.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a dilithium pit.

I'm at 12/12, 10/12, 2/12. I have not spent any dilithium apart from unlocking the fourth cylinder. I have only put Quipment on La'an, and not used her for Continuum missions since.

We have a week to complete 4 missions at 3 difficulties. At 3 runs per mission, that is 36 runs altogether.

Cylinders have a cooldown of 12 hours. So 6 runs a day without spending any dilithium and only nominal chrons. 42 runs should just about be enough to finish, if you have the correct crew.
    Unlocking cylinder 4 will give 56 runs a week, and cylinder 5, 70 runs.

The trick here is to pace yourself. Take the week to do as much as you can without spending dil.
    If you need to use Quipment, use it in the last couple of days, and it will be available for the first part of next week.
  • Options
    guscgrgx2z6g.png

Worf with some Quipment. His XP bar is at the top. I’ve only unlocked 1 slot. You’ll probably have to rerun lower Continuum missions to get XP for particular characters.

There is no cooldown timer here. The game does not tell us how much longer the Quipment is going to last before Quark thieves it away. It just tells us that it is 96 hour Quipment.

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a dilithium pit.

I'm at 12/12, 10/12, 2/12. I have not spent any dilithium apart from unlocking the fourth cylinder. I have only put Quipment on La'an, and not used her for Continuum missions since.

We have a week to complete 4 missions at 3 difficulties. At 3 runs per mission, that is 36 runs altogether.

Cylinders have a cooldown of 12 hours. So 6 runs a day without spending any dilithium and only nominal chrons. 42 runs should just about be enough to finish, if you have the correct crew.
    Unlocking cylinder 4 will give 56 runs a week, and cylinder 5, 70 runs.

The trick here is to pace yourself. Take the week to do as much as you can without spending dil.
    If you need to use Quipment, use it in the last couple of days, and it will be available for the first part of next week.

Agreed.
    Despite my earlier post, I "refreshed" rewards for 50 Dil so I could get more CMD qbits. This allowed me to build some CMD Quipment so I could clear the troublesome nodes.

I just need to clear one ENG node in epic (which won't take long) and I'm done. I'll get the 250 Dil (which reimburses the 50 I spent for refreshing).
    I lost a few chrons but they are easily obtainable again. The biggest expense was unlocking the extra canisters which, IMO was worth it.

And now I have crew which have each skill at over 3K. Not sure if I can take advantage of that, but we'll see.
    Overall, despite bugs and glitches, it is a mechanic which has renewed some interest for me. It's fine. 6/10.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    guscgrgx2z6g.png

Worf with some Quipment. His XP bar is at the top. I’ve only unlocked 1 slot. You’ll probably have to rerun lower Continuum missions to get XP for particular characters.

There is no cooldown timer here. The game does not tell us how much longer the Quipment is going to last before Quark thieves it away. It just tells us that it is 96 hour Quipment.

If you look at Worf's quipment slot and not the item he could build, you will literally see a timer on the quipment. Looks like 3d 18h left.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    guscgrgx2z6g.png

If you look at Worf's quipment slot and not the item he could build, you will literally see a timer on the quipment. Looks like 3d 18h left.

Ah, the famous white on white, in very small numbers. I stand corrected

Perhaps something readable on the right, and a bar on the left would be better.

hnclm9ubwgd6.jpg

• Options
    I have a very good QOL improvement. Within Continuum Missions there needs to be a back button in more places. There is too many times where the only choice is to exit back to the main interface rather than moving back in forth within Continuum
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

zpcg0tibm2zl.jpg
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    zpcg0tibm2zl.jpg

Yeah, not quite. While I was finally able to replay certain galaxy map nodes in all episodes from 3 and above including distress calls, I still find myself locked out of several nodes in Episodes 1 & 2.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    As of 835pm est, I've unlocked all normal missions again but the Continum missions are locked without access for 2nd mission.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started unlocking the normal missions, but there's something wrong with the star counts. Basically, the counts weren't reduced to account for the missions that were no longer complete, then they're increased again when you re-complete them, leading to some interesting totals.
    7zbhl4dw0zkn.jpg
    kj6a737ijwb1.jpg
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished clearing epic. All stars with 12 crew (only 2 needed a third Quipment) and no dilithium (only the three free tubes).

My feedback:

Crew should be available even when on shuttles or a voyage.

Get rid of the yellow wash on crew photos.

It is challenging enough without having to run missions (32 for 4th Quipment slot) to unlock slots.

The lack of in-game explanations and instructions is infuriating. I wasted runs clearing normal missions with less than optimal crew because I wasn’t aware of the slot unlocking requirements.
  • Options
    So, now that the dust is starting to settle, my first look upon the Continuum missions.
    First off, it is something new, and it does involve the puzzle aspect which I generally like. The visual and usability aspects seem a bit 'off' (the yellow and the new slots seem to negate the previous 'pride' of having an immortal gold), and I must admit that I find it a bit of a disappointment that my roster seems unable to even complete the second tier without equipping 'quipment'. But not everything should be very simple (I just finished redoing those original missions anyway).

I am really looking for a simple way to find which Quipment is available, and what its properties are. IMO it would help (me) if we had a better interface to show all Quipment, and to easily filter those that have traits as a prerequisite.
    Further I would appreciate having a different way of activating the Quipment slots on immortal crew, and discard the yellow flash entirely. Most cards are actually art works, and should IMO be viewable as such.
    Finally, the new exclamation mark on the crew quarters really doesn't add anything. I think it signifies that a Quipment slot can be filled, which will be a permanent state once we have all slots activated on our most used immortalized crew. It would help more to show a number on the Continuum missions tab so we see once a canister is refilled...
    HTH! LLAP!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the game could use some improved crew sorting.

For example, pick any node. When adding a crew to the node the crew should be sorted by Green-Yellow-Red success chance. Appropriate traits should be included in this crew selection.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Legendary trait specific Quipment uses less continuum resources than skill only Quipment, and is often better.
    e.g. The Sword of Kahless Quipment needs Klingon and Brutal, for +700 (240-300) Security.

Does anyone know if a crew can use two copies of the same Quipment at the same time?

Two Swords of Kahless would be nearly +2000 to security.
  • Options
    Legendary trait specific Quipment uses less continuum resources than skill only Quipment, and is often better.
    e.g. The Sword of Kahless Quipment needs Klingon and Brutal, for +700 (240-300) Security.

Does anyone know if a crew can use two copies of the same Quipment at the same time?

Two Swords of Kahless would be nearly +2000 to security.

No only 1 item of each type in the 4 spaces
  • Options
    Please allow us to use Voyage and Shuttle Crew on the missions. Especially during an event, getting every crew to be available exactly every 12 hours is very hard to do. Also, can we see frozen crew who may be suitable? I have about 40 frozen 5* and I don't want to use a 3rd party website to see if a crewman I have frozen has the correct traits. Also as others have mentioned, remove the yellow paint please.

Finally, I don't see the point of Quipment levels, you need to use a crew who can't equip anything multiple times to unlock slots of which only 2/4 are important. It also makes it difficult to level situational crew who have bad stats but may be useful only once for a particular crit node. Also, I don't want to sound ungrateful but the missions may be a bit too hard for higher difficulties. Reducing their requirements by about 10% means they are still doable but you don't need specific crew and legendary Quipment to get the highest difficulty done. Legendary Quipment in particular cannot be farmed so if you don't have it, you literally cannot beat some nodes if you equipped it on a different crewman.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like that if I fail a quipment mission it still takes the tube space and I have to wait to try again.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The container slots you can buy with Dil - are those just for the current Q-cycle or will they stay like the permanent shuttle bays?
  • Options
    The container slots you can buy with Dil - are those just for the current Q-cycle or will they stay like the permanent shuttle bays?

4th and 5th are permanent like extra shuttles 3 & 4
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I've started unlocking the normal missions, but there's something wrong with the star counts. Basically, the counts weren't reduced to account for the missions that were no longer complete, then they're increased again when you re-complete them, leading to some interesting totals.
    7zbhl4dw0zkn.jpg
    kj6a737ijwb1.jpg

I noticed the same 😐

4zl2590ultlm.jpg
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are unlocked Quipment slots on crew permanent, or will they need to be unlocked each time the continuum missions reset? I didn’t see that clarified in-game.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Are unlocked Quipment slots on crew permanent, or will they need to be unlocked each time the continuum missions reset? I didn’t see that clarified in-game.

I believe Slots are permanent. Quipment is not.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I believe Slots are permanent. Quipment is not.

Thanks. I figured as much, and thought that would be the reason to continue playing once all stars have been cleared on the missions.