Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iknamur_ wrote: »
    0e9bmmqnj2tp.png
    I also think that it's a bug. Besides, mine started with one mission already completed (The Enemy's Secrets).

Looks like we are twins. It also means we can't do missions beyond that. My one run on the mission pretended it didn't happen and I couldn't move to the next one. Ah well, plenty of other missions I recon.yfob4sez821t.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    dczsvftvkvdf.jpg
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    Smiley WirelessSmiley Wireless ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Greetings Captains, Yesterday when launching the C Missions, we accidentally launched double the amount. By the time the team realized some players made quite a lot of progress. taking those extra missions out would reset the progress for everyone, so we decided to leave them and let our Captains grind the extra missions. We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers. On the other hand, today we will send out some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP

Thanks for the update. Eventually. :p

If the number of missions is quintupled, would it not make sense to simply quintuple the duration and loot?
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Yesterday when launching the C Missions, we accidentally launched double the amount. By the time the team realized some players made quite a lot of progress. taking those extra missions out would reset the progress for everyone, so we decided to leave them and let our Captains grind the extra missions. We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers. On the other hand, today we will send out some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP

Thanks for the update. Eventually. :p

If the number of missions is quintupled, would it not make sense to simply quintuple the duration and loot?

Maths is not TP's strongest suit. 20 missions usually 4 missions but TP reply that they accidentally doubled it? No wonder week in week out there are bugs and glitches. Maybe time Santa gives them a calculator rather than relying on an abacus. 20 divided by 4 = 5.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    0dkfhltp0e9i.jpg
    ykzbm32sgdhs.jpg
    q6siz3ekfq8x.jpg
    z2qfv6kmz9ij.jpg
    20 different pictures none repeated
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in-game message with extra rewards is completely wrong. It said 4 extra missions went live instead of the 4 planned missions. However, 20 missions went live, and I could have sworn a message on the forums mentioned that 10 missions were intended to be launched instead of the 4 we had been accustomed to up until this point.

Play your own game. Improve communications. If you don't care about your game, why should we?
  • Options
    I'm just going to stick on Normal to grind research and databases and add QP to the cards I want to turn into beasts long term.

But it is very clear that they haven't taken the time to thoroughly grasp the issue before trying to work out what to do about it (or choose not to do) ... At least we now know that when they said "double" they meant "we didn't check what had actually happened" rather than any of the different mathematical options we've been speculating about.
  • Options
    Problem solved:

In base 4, "4 + 4 = 20" is equivalent to saying "4 + 4 = 8" in base 10, which is a true statement.

Now let's calculate the decimal 250 in base 4.

Divide 250 by 4. The quotient is 62 and the remainder is 2.
    Divide 62 by 4. The quotient is 15 and the remainder is 2.
    Divide 15 by 4. The quotient is 3 and the remainder is 3.
    Finally, 3 divided by 4 is 0 with a remainder of 3.

You read the remainders in reverse order of how they were obtained. So, 250 in base-10 is 3322 in base 4.

Therefore, according to WRG math system, the compensation should be 3322 dilithium and 3322 quantum.

And the 500 merits should be in fact 13310 in base 4.

I hope I got the conversions right.

Absolutely brilliant!!!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem solved:

In base 4, "4 + 4 = 20" is equivalent to saying "4 + 4 = 8" in base 10, which is a true statement.

Now let's calculate the decimal 250 in base 4.

Divide 250 by 4. The quotient is 62 and the remainder is 2.
    Divide 62 by 4. The quotient is 15 and the remainder is 2.
    Divide 15 by 4. The quotient is 3 and the remainder is 3.
    Finally, 3 divided by 4 is 0 with a remainder of 3.

You read the remainders in reverse order of how they were obtained. So, 250 in base-10 is 3322 in base 4.

Therefore, according to WRG math system, the compensation should be 3322 dilithium and 3322 quantum.

And the 500 merits should be in fact 13310 in base 4.

I hope I got the conversions right.

Absolutely brilliant!!!

They should adopt Chisanbop for these complex calculations.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community @WRG Ben As the message makes clear that the compensation is for the "extra four continuum missions", when are we going to get compensation for the twelve missions you haven't mentioned yet? I assume that we're due triple the amount we've already received? Or are we just meant to gloss over the fact that you apparently don't even know what bug you're compensating us for?
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 1 continuum Mission = 1 week's worth of away missions, then we get 1 continuum Mission every week, this is made up of 4 away missions.

So if they say "4 extra continuum missions went live", that would make sense: the 4 away missions we would normally get + 4×4 extra away missions.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started a thread in Engineering.

The game sometimes displays Quipment that has expired, and the stats with the expired Quipment present, but uses the stats without the Quipment for continuum missions.

A quit and reload sorts it, but it is very deceptive.
  • Options
    Ultimately we got the weekly rewards as a gift without having to do any missions. Also you can double up on the freebies by also doing the missions. You don't need to do a full clear on 20 missions x3 difficulties, the weekly rewards unlock at about 8/20 fully cleared. So for this week, if you spend a bit more chronitons (maybe around 1000-2000) you get 250 more dil, I've already unlocked the bonus Quantum energy and the merits just from normal play. So we got double rewards this week which is great. I don't like we keep getting bugs but the response from the developers has been solid.
  • Options
    retgxbydfbjk.jpg

Second set to work over.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    tlzghwogk23f.jpeg

Why is there no Security Seminar Holoprogram Quipment?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    tlzghwogk23f.jpeg

I found a few

2yhbpq7899qb.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    tlzghwogk23f.jpeg

kwm1rn4wlsxj.jpg

I have 7

• Options
    So, one day left in Keepers of the Continuum Objective Event - just enough time to complete it and get the rewards. But wait, what's this? The missions have been reset and there's a box saying "Next Challenge Time in 19 hours". Not to worry, let's click on "Engage" anyway, and on the new mission, and "Travel" and... nothing - it just goes to the planet screen as you can see in this screenshot:

b6p702g9qpma.png

Even though my three cannisters have fully recharged (I used them 13 hours ago), it won't let me start the mission...
    I've attached a screenshot of the current cannister situation:

y863tdu6nhl2.png

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting “invalid conquest quest” when I try to do them. It’s absurd at this point.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot taken moments ago.

xfmrg2d6geg0.jpg
  • Options
    On my (Android) phone, the next challenge is in 17h 17m, all missions have been reset (wasn't ready with the last bunch either), and when I "travel" to the first mission I end up at the main screen.

Is It supposed to end way before the next run starts?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Having experienced 4 missions and 20 missions for continuum missions, I think I prefer the 20 missions to 4. With 20, the weekly rewards are a stretch, but at least there are enough drops each type of q-bit at 4 missions, there simply isn’t, which really limits the crew I can quip.
  • Options
    I have the exact same as Guest 5 post above...I sent a ticket... no reply yet.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    One additional comment here: continuum missions shouldn’t be changing during the course of the week. The instability makes it both difficult to plan out my strategy and difficult to justify spending. Why spend on a refresh if there might be a random reset/change in the number of missions after I spend?
  • Options
    20 missions disappeared now only 4 missions and this changed before the events reset
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    I had cleared normal and elite and was progressing through the 60 epic stars, only to wakeup and find everything reset to 12/12, 12/12 and 0/12!

I both lost my progress through Epic, and also lost the chance to get the same amount of Quipment that other players did who had already cleared that difficulty level. So much for the decision not to reset the continuum missions!
  • Options
    Finn SCFinn SC ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    And not only an unexpected reset of the missions after I bought a reward reset earlier, but no way to access those new missions.
    And no official answer/reaction to the multiple reports here on the forums either.
    @STT Community @WRG Ben ?