Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first week I’ve been able to sit down and really try to play this. WRG has gone to back to their worst tendency of making a overly complicated game feature. For example, I only just realized this morning that the different equipment have different expiration timers. And that’s what this is mostly about: competing timers. 7 day timer for some equipment; 2 day timer on other equipment; 12hr recharge for the fuel. Throwing in daily shuttles and voyages and one’s head starts spinning. This doesn’t feel like strategy; I don’t know what it feels like. I also feel like I’m a mistaken equipment build away from wasting days of work. I’m not really a fan. We’ll see if that changes.

Honestly, I’m waiting for a player to build a good external tool. That’s been the only way I can navigate node hunting in FBB, and it’s been a Godsend for CR.

BTW: I never saw an answer as to whether you have to purchase the extra fuel tanks every week, or they’re a one-time buy. If a player could answer that, I’d appreciate it.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    This is the first week I’ve been able to sit down and really try to play this. WRG has gone to back to their worst tendency of making a overly complicated game feature. For example, I only just realized this morning that the different equipment have different expiration timers. And that’s what this is mostly about: competing timers. 7 day timer for some equipment; 2 day timer on other equipment; 12hr recharge for the fuel. Throwing in daily shuttles and voyages and one’s head starts spinning. This doesn’t feel like strategy; I don’t know what it feels like. I also feel like I’m a mistaken equipment build away from wasting days of work. I’m not really a fan. We’ll see if that changes.

Honestly, I’m waiting for a player to build a good external tool. That’s been the only way I can navigate node hunting in FBB, and it’s been a Godsend for CR.

BTW: I never saw an answer as to whether you have to purchase the extra fuel tanks every week, or they’re a one-time buy. If a player could answer that, I’d appreciate it.

The fuel tanks are a one-time buy. That's been answered at least twice already, but it's easy to miss in this thread.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

I started out thinking it would be a fun mini game with different strategies and crew being used each week. Scrap that. There is no strategy involved or required.

Here are my tips:

1. Just pick your single best crew for each skill, based on base + min roll, and they are the only ones you need to worry about unlocking slots for and equipping bonus equipment on. You should also check those potential skill-beast crew members to ensure they have more than just the 2 standard bonus equipment options available for their specific skill (additional Quipment options are trait-based). As long as you can clear the last node, it doesn't matter how many other nodes you fail each time you run a mission.

2. Don't waste the dilithium unlocking the extra tubes, provided you have excessive amounts of chrons sitting around. Assuming you do, it is far cheaper to just use 300 chrons every 2 hours (max 100 chrons per tube x 3), to keep running missions to clear the rare rewards and complete extra missions to unlock required slots (and do whatever is needed by the OE). Since these continuum missions count towards your daily away missions, consider them just really expensive galaxy map missions that range from 0-100 chrons, depending how quickly you want to cycle through them - no dil ever required.
  • Options
    I get that this feature is a godsend for the people who want to max out the stats of the already top crew to go for long voyages and ridiculous gauntlet stats and so on, but I'm enjoying the fact that it gives me the opportunity to turn my favourite cards into the equivalent of the unboosted best crew.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the trait based legendary Quipment.

Security Klingon/Brutal/Hunter or Klingon/Brutal/ Athlete.

Dip Klingon, Bajoran, Ambassador Troi.

Science Vulcan.

Med, Dr Bones McCoy, or an Engineered Bashir.

Command Tribble Captain or Niners Sisko.

Engineering. Demo Man Scotty is best.

There are other trait booster.

Mokbara and protomorphious worf are slightly better than Kor.

r245szmy2olc.jpg

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    Maybe someone already mentioned this: it sure would be nice/make a whole lot more sense if you could see your cylinder status BEFORE picking the difficulty level, picking the mission, picking the crew, THEN realizing that your timing was off and that you actually need to wait a while until the cylinder timer resets.

It seems like seeing the cylinders screen should be step *one*.

You can click in to view the cyclinders before selecting a mission.
    m6qe6owedah0.jpg

While you’re right, @mr_sparky also has a good point that we should be able to check that at different stages of the process.

The navigation within the continuum mission section needs to be vastly improved. As has been mentioned earlier, there is zero ability to navigate between missions or take a step back, without completely exiting to the main scree.

Navigation overall is terrible. Especially because proficiencies don't fit in the box and poorly wrap, so you need to quit out and go to crew quarters, then back to the mission to see the crit value and trait bonuses, then back to crew quarters to add quipment if needed.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally figure out what crew I’m planning on using before hand and keep them home. It takes a day to finish Continuum. After I’m done I have some tuned up crew to send out on Voyages.

Generally speaking some Voyages are going to be unremarkable. This week the Voyages that we’re occurring around Continuum reset had unusable ship traits and were unlikely to make 14h.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Bajoran trait
    x9m9muaecf1i.png

Edit: How is available quipment to build decided?
    Will this be gone with the next update to continuum missions?

Edit2
    I see @Mirror Cartman put a link to a wiki page for quipment.
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Quipment_list

Also are the cadet boosts giving the lower rarity crew a chance to compete?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Bajoran trait
    x9m9muaecf1i.png

Edit: How is available quipment to build decided?
    Will this be gone with the next update to continuum missions?

Edit2
    I see @Mirror Cartman put a link to a wiki page for quipment.
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Quipment_list

Also are the cadet boosts giving the lower rarity crew a chance to compete?

There's about 11 items missing in that list, I have the names and skill bonuses from datacore, but not the traits.

Yes, I also agree that the cadet boosts are very interesting, I'm looking at doing a cadet only voyage in the future, but it will be months away.

1156d2jfh72p.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe someone already mentioned this: it sure would be nice/make a whole lot more sense if you could see your cylinder status BEFORE picking the difficulty level, picking the mission, picking the crew, THEN realizing that your timing was off and that you actually need to wait a while until the cylinder timer resets.

m6qe6owedah0.jpg

While you’re right, @mr_sparky also has a good point that we should be able to check that at different stages of the process.

Yes, there's a lot going on, and being able to see that one or more containers are fully ready doesn't help if you're trying to see what stage it's at (is it the stage where I have to use dilithium to speed it up or is it at the stage where I can use chrons to speed it up).
  • Options

m6qe6owedah0.jpg

Yes, there's a lot going on, and being able to see that one or more containers are fully ready doesn't help if you're trying to see what stage it's at (is it the stage where I have to use dilithium to speed it up or is it at the stage where I can use chrons to speed it up).

I think you've missed the point AviTrek was trying to make. If you click on the number highlighted it takes you to the cylinder status screen. You can check the exact status before going any further.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glitching yet again, with the error message saying there are no active continuum missions, now 20 mins after they were supposed to start.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glitching yet again, with the error message saying there are no active continuum missions, now 20 mins after they were supposed to start.

Its up, but wow, 60 missions per level.... :o
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

I have the same. A huge number of missions per level--far more than can realistically be finished in a week.
  • Options
    PavelHrPavelHr ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Yeah, another bug. Also the missions on the galaxy map are again reset. Oh well. Hope it's resolved soon.
  • Options
    I have "only" 20 missions per level. 60 in total. Should be just about doable in a week.
  • Options
    It's doable, but will cost you over 30.000 chronitus.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    I’m actually ok with this bug. Let’s me get a lot of q-bits cheaply. I haven’t noticed any issues with my galaxy map though.
  • Options
    This is designed to be a chron drain.

They were not going to give us 250 dil every week for free, with little work.

The question now is how to maximise rewards in the fewest runs.

I suggest concentrating on the missions that can be completed with two passes first, and only doing one run on normal for those that need three or more passes. Go back to them later in the week.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    djjq1jts1f4a.png
    My map missions seem fine, but the issues caused by continuum mission glitches has caused my counts to look all out of whack for several missions.
  • Options

I was coming to make sure it wasn't just me. Jumping from 12 stars to 60 stars seems a bit much. If 60 was the ultimate goal, couldn't they do a few weeks of 20 and then a few weeks of 40 before going all the way? It makes my head spin!

And I'm someone who has been enjoying the new feature. This just seems quite overwhelming all of a sudden.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 20 missions, 1 change is absolutely necessary: the merit reward is totally not worth pursuing. Replace it with a nice chunk of honor (10-20k) and interest will likely increase.
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    With 20 missions, 1 change is absolutely necessary: the merit reward is totally not worth pursuing. Replace it with a nice chunk of honor (10-20k) and interest will likely increase.

The merit reward wasn't worth it even with only 4 missions. It was always just a stepping stone to get to the quantum and dilithium. Now, it's debatable whether those higher rewards are worth all the extra effort
  • Options
    If its "open ended" or like 30 days ok. If it's a 1 week for 3 levels of 60...well TP just keep shooting themselves in the foot.... :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    If its "open ended" or like 30 days ok. If it's a 1 week for 3 levels of 60...well TP just keep shooting themselves in the foot.... :|

If it's 30 days... then instead having 250 dilithium per week as a completion reward we would go down to 250 dilithium per month, which would be very disappointing for f2p and light spenders (such as myself). Equally the Quantum.

It's also quite nonsensical for WRT. 4 missions and 3 levels means that a player quickly gets to spend dilithium to refresh the Rare rewards -- a player who wants to farm components gets to spend a lot of chronitons on refilling and dilithium on refilling and refreshes.

60 missions to farm means that a player won't refresh much, or even once.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    60 😂
  • Options

If it's 30 days... then instead having 250 dilithium per week as a completion reward we would go down to 250 dilithium per month, which would be very disappointing for f2p and light spenders (such as myself). Equally the Quantum.

It's also quite nonsensical for WRT. 4 missions and 3 levels means that a player quickly gets to spend dilithium to refresh the Rare rewards -- a player who wants to farm components gets to spend a lot of chronitons on refilling and dilithium on refilling and refreshes.

60 missions to farm means that a player won't refresh much, or even once.

Agree they need to strike a balance. 4 to 60 seems like a goof though, but with their recent track record who knows? :/
  • Options
    My gut tells me this is a bug. I don’t feel confident that any progress made on this will count should it revert to the 4 levels.
  • Options
    Iknamur_Iknamur_ ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    0e9bmmqnj2tp.png
    I also think that it's a bug. Besides, mine started with one mission already completed (The Enemy's Secrets).