Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Mistress of the Mirror - 07/26

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dixon Hill not showing bonus!

We have verified on our end, and he is providing a bonus.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    Have to say your aiming at speaking like the character of Dixon Hill in this event and referring to Deanna Troi as an "ingenue" and the general way you refer to her and her mother - is digusting patriarchal sexist offensive nonsense and you have forgotten totally it's Picard playing the character and even IN that holoprogram he NEVER ONCE TALKS LIKE THAT IN IT - so that's a big fail on DB's behalf.. and many of us are not impressed.

I'll admit, I never read the shuttle mission text. Can you provide a screenshot?
  • Options
    Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It was in the scripted bits that come up at the beginning of the event, I didn't take a screenshot, I apologise, another crew member may have - ETA - they are working on obtaining screenshots now I believe.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in about 10 minutes after the start, and there was no storyline this time. I thought that was odd, but perhaps that explains it, and they took it down?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    6plpblg2x9e2.jpg
    These are showing as 3 hour runs....whats up???
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    9pn1b3qb3pbq.png

I didn’t get the earlier screenshot, but this one of Picard just sounds wrong.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    6plpblg2x9e2.jpg
    These are showing as 3 hour runs....whats up???

800 vp missions are the start of 3 hour runs.

q4oabdo1pzb8.jpeg
  • Options
    Thats what I get for playing this while I'm sick with flu symptoms. UGH Thanks Unkie
  • Options
    Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    In response to RennJaxo & Narvarch

"this one of Picard couldn't sound more wrong"

"Picard saying "ball-bustin' broad" ...... "that's just...as un-Picard as you can get"

Couldn't agree more.

He referred to Deanna as some naive/ingenue ?? I mean, WTF?

#salutes
  • Options
    The dialog on the intro screen for this event is disgusting. Whoever wrote it owes the community an apology. It is, in fact, possible to write noir dialog without being a sexist idiot.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how everyone is assuming everyone else's gender, or that they've picked one in the first place. It's transphobic and entirely uncalled for. Each and every one of you needs to take a good long look in the mirror and determine whether you want to be part of the 24th century or not. It's also bigoted to criticize subcultures and their dialectic norms, like Dixon's. I weep for the future, as it is discriminatory and fascist.

GOOD DAY.

Can't tell if trolling?
  • Options
    What’s going on with this ‘Brofleet’? It’s players from a bunch of different fleets joining together but why? Just look at the event leaderboard and so many people from this new fleet are dominating I’m just wondering what’s going on.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    The text has now been posted to the wiki in case anyone was looking for it.
    Detective Dixon Hill: "Of all the offices in all of San Francisco, she walked into mine. A petite, dark-haired little ingenue worried about her dear mother, with whom she lost contact with a short time ago."

Detective Dixon Hill: "Her mother, an ambassador, the coquettish Lwaxana Troi, went silent after slippin' over to the wrong side of the tracks. You might call me a softie, but I couldn't have a sweet thing like her charging into the snake's den of the Terran Empire to try and find her mother."

Emperor Philippa Georgiou: "Such childish amusements! This is why the Federation is hopelessly weak! You all spend your time indulging in fantasy rather than seizing the fruits of reality. Well, here's a dose of truth for you—we have no idea who this Lwaxana Troi is, or what happened to her."

Detective Dixon Hill: "Can't say I fancy dealing with a ball-bustin' Terran broad like yourself. As to whether or not the elder Miss Troi was kidnapped, the truth, as they say, will out."
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how everyone is assuming everyone else's gender, or that they've picked one in the first place. It's transphobic and entirely uncalled for. Each and every one of you needs to take a good long look in the mirror and determine whether you want to be part of the 24th century or not. It's also bigoted to criticize subcultures and their dialectic norms, like Dixon's. I weep for the future, as it is discriminatory and fascist.

GOOD DAY.

Can’t tell who this comment is addressed to. Is it to the players who were baffled at Picard’s lines or DB?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dialog on the intro screen for this event is disgusting. Whoever wrote it owes the community an apology. It is, in fact, possible to write noir dialog without being a sexist idiot.

$5 say its the same person who thought it was a good idea to release Code of Honor Yar on the MLK birthday week event.

Are you suggesting that DB is tone deaf?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

GOOD DAY.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking something when I read that. :D
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »

$5 say its the same person who thought it was a good idea to release Code of Honor Yar on the MLK birthday week event.

Wasn't there a Sulu released at a totally inappropriate time too?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Undercover Sulu on Pearl Harbor Day iirc.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

At least DB is consistently tone deaf.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭

At least DB is consistently tone deaf.

I joked at the time "what's next CoH Yar on MLK day?" Took them another year, but they got there.
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    9pn1b3qb3pbq.png

Picard saying "ball-bustin' broad" is more upsetting to me then Tilly rocking the f-word.

And I'm no prude, that's just...as un-Picard as you can get.

I can't believe you take the time to read the script in the first place. I guess I should be offended by those who eat bacon, or lettuce, or use Salt. I am so glad I can take things with a grain of salt. There are bigger ditches or should I say glitches that need attention by DB in how players can manipulate the Events to their advantage. BRO's
    Peace out :-)
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    9pn1b3qb3pbq.png

Picard saying "ball-bustin' broad" is more upsetting to me then Tilly rocking the f-word.

And I'm no prude, that's just...as un-Picard as you can get.

I can't believe you take the time to read the script in the first place. I guess I should be offended by those who eat bacon, or lettuce, or use Salt. I am so glad I can take things with a grain of salt. There are bigger ditches or should I say glitches that need attention by DB in how players can manipulate the Events to their advantage. BRO's
    Peace out :-)

Yes, because eating lettuce is the same as using sexist terms.

Also, I don't read the scripts. Somebody posted that screenshot in this thread, you know, the one that I was quoting and is clearly visible.
  • Options
    yrg5jyg9teiy.png
    Hopefully I can add stars to her!