Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Mistress of the Mirror - 07/26

Comments

• Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still crossing fingers for a Vulcan-Klingon event! Talk about a lot of variants!

You should have been around for "The Genesis Wave", then! The Featured Crew included General Chang and Ambassador Sarek, and the Bonus Crew was anyone with the Klingon or Vulcan traits. The replay was even wilder, as it added Klingon Bride Jadzia and all Jadzia variants!

The only thing keeping "The Genesis Wave 2" from being as completely wide open as it could have been is that they restricted to only Jadzias and not all Daxes, so Ezris didn't count. Zhian'tara Odo didn't exist at that time, but he too would have been excluded if he had.

I was around, but I was in intensive care at the time and missed it. I missed about 6 months of playing time, in and out of hospital.

Well, it seems to me that the decent thing for DB to do to celebrate you still being among us is to run a threepeat of "The Genesis Wave"! cc: @Shan and @DealWithItJazzRiker

That would be awesome!

Yes, I literally almost died twice during that time. First time, the hospital called my ex-wife (my emergency contact) and told her they were waiting for me to die!

I had my phone with me, but it was all I could do to just reset shuttle missions here and there. Finally got back to playing again for real in May.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    This has been said before but she's EMPEROR not empress.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been said before but she's EMPEROR not empress.

Not only has it been said, but it's been fixed on the main post.
  • Options
    Think i’ll be going for top 1,000 with this 4* and 5* roster (all FE)

Georgiou:
    Desert 5/5
    Armed 1/4

Ambassador Troi 1/5

Picard:
    Mirror 5/5
    Enterprise-E 5/5
    Augment 5/5
    Romulan 2/5
    COP Founder 1/5
    Admiral 4/4
    Robin Hood 4/4
    Galen 4/4
    Dixon Hill 4/4
    TG Dixon 4/4
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I saw this and was very excited about possibly getting Marlena Moreau, Mirror McCoy, Mirror Sulu, and/or Mirror Scotty but must continue to wait on all 4 of them.

Me too, but no love for the series that started it all. We get to have ST:D fed to us on a constant basis. Well at least ST:D gave me new appreciation for a certain Star Trek series that I once thought I hated...after enduring ST:D, I now have multiple seasons of actual Star Trek that I can enjoy!
  • Options
    I never thought I'd say that DS9 ruined anything, but DS9 ruined the Mirror Universe and Discovery continues the trend.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd say that DS9 ruined anything, but DS9 ruined the Mirror Universe and Discovery continues the trend.

Could you elaborate? I'm curious as to why you think that.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Good call for Emperor, this will be modified!

Noooooooo! Empress is cool!

This is Timelines! Surely there's a version of reality where she's Empress? What's wrong with this reality?

Yeah why cant we have mirror, age of sail, assimilated, augment, klingon Georgiou? Since when did canon get in the way of DB? (not that ST:D is anything remotely resembling canon in the first place)
  • Options

Yeah the whole ifea of the mirror universe was that it was a bizarre mirror...where all the same events happened, but moral alignments were reversed. In DS9 they mucked with it, and it became just another parallel universe.

I couldn't completely watch the ST:D version, I had to stop when I saw the goth blue Orions on the klingon homeworld.
  • Options

I just feel that DS9 used the Mirror Universe as a cheap excuse to explore established characters acting in an uncharacteristic way. Or as a lame reason to bring people back from the dead, like Jennifer Sisko and Bareil.

It feels very much like the silly D and D trope where a player character that dies has an identical relative with the same exact stats as the person who just got killed.

From what I can gather, Discovery is continuing the trend that DS9 started.

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I just feel that DS9 used the Mirror Universe as a cheap excuse to explore established characters acting in an uncharacteristic way. Or as a lame reason to bring people back from the dead, like Jennifer Sisko and Bareil.

It feels very much like the silly D and D trope where a player character that dies has an identical relative with the same exact stats as the person who just got killed.

From what I can gather, Discovery is continuing the trend that DS9 started.

Those are valid points. I've never let those aspects bother me. I've mostly enjoyed the directions that different shows have taken the mirror universe.
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    And the requisite wave of “Discovery isn’t ‘real’ Trek” posts to accompany the Season 2 trailer rolls in...

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m might be unfairly biased against discovery.

However, when I see articles proclaiming how visionary it is for dropping the first bomb that starts with the sixth letter of the alphabet, when previous incarnations of Trek have dropped four letter words and even words that rhymed with nagger, I shake my head at the hype machine and really start to wonder how much it really has going for it if reporters have to focus on that.

It would be like a car sales individual selling a car on the strength of its cup holders.

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Is it Tuesdays that they release the info on which crew or traits get big/small bonuses?

For example, will mirror crew in general get a bonus?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    However, when I see articles proclaiming how visionary it is for dropping the first bomb that starts with the sixth letter of the alphabet, when previous incarnations of Trek have dropped four letter words and even words that rhymed with nagger, I shake my head at the hype machine and really start to wonder how much it really has going for it if reporters have to focus on that.

It would then stand to reason to disapprove of the media outlets and people questionably reporting on Discovery instead of the show itself, would it not? Still, it is refreshing to read criticism that does not resort to using childish abbreviations in 3 out of 4 sentences.
  • Options
    I don’t know what to make of Discovery because I haven’t seen any! Nor have I read online for spoilers, the only spoilers I know are from this game. I won’t watch if it’s PPV. Was hoping they’d come to DVD or digital download eventually but with Season 2 coming not sure Season 1 will any time soon. If anyone has heard of free or 1 time payment (I’m not subscribing to CBS All Access) for Season 1 in USA let me know.
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    have they announced the factions? I like to stock up on transmissions beforehand.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    have they announced the factions? I like to stock up on transmissions beforehand.

They haven't, I think the only "lock" right now is going to be Terran Empire
    Very likely Federation also
  • Options
    I don’t know what to make of Discovery because I haven’t seen any! Nor have I read online for spoilers, the only spoilers I know are from this game. I won’t watch if it’s PPV. Was hoping they’d come to DVD or digital download eventually but with Season 2 coming not sure Season 1 will any time soon. If anyone has heard of free or 1 time payment (I’m not subscribing to CBS All Access) for Season 1 in USA let me know.

CBS All Access gives one week free to new customers, if you can, use that free week and binge watch all the episodes so you can catch up. Personally for me discovery is kinda, meh but still, its always good to stay up to date with the latest trek i think!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the requisite wave of “Discovery isn’t ‘real’ Trek” posts to accompany the Season 2 trailer rolls in...

It would be like a car sales individual selling a car on the strength of its cup holders.

Ok, so I'm usually pretty intense on the legacy trek trivia, but I'm having a blank on the N bomb. Was that one of the DS9 Benny eps?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Ok, so I'm usually pretty intense on the legacy trek trivia, but I'm having a blank on the N bomb. Was that one of the DS9 Benny eps?

Far Beyond The Stars, yes. Jake’s parallel character Jimmy drops that one in one of the diner scenes.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Well thank you DB for letting me know I have next to no Picards at all.

Still, It will be a chance to get Detective Dixon Hill FF/FE, if I somehow get lucky.

I had the same thing happen. All of a sudden I realize I only have Galen

Don't you even have a Mirror Picard?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love if they gave her all her titles...

“Her most Imperial Majesty, Mother of the Fatherland, Overlord of Vulcan, Dominus of Kronos, Regina Andor, Emperor Philippa Georgiou Augustus Iaponius Centarius!”

You forgot Grand Poo-Bah
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Well thank you DB for letting me know I have next to no Picards at all.

Still, It will be a chance to get Detective Dixon Hill FF/FE, if I somehow get lucky.

I had the same thing happen. All of a sudden I realize I only have Galen

Don't you even have a Mirror Picard?

No, I thought he was a ridiculous concept so I dumped them all

• Options
    I thought Lwaxana will be the Lwaxana from the Bajoran festival episode that Festive Jadzia is from but according to wiki festive jadzia is from the wedding episode, not the one I was thinking of. So who knows!

Not sure if I should try for Honey Bare or keep dilithium for event packs next week :o

Jadzia wears her festive garb in both episodes - Fascination (S03E10) and You Are Cordially Invited (S06E07), so I'd bet heavily that you're correct on Lwaxana being drawn from S03E10. Lwaxana being Lwaxana, this only reduces her wardrobe options by so much, though.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it Tuesdays that they release the info on which crew or traits get big/small bonuses?

Maybe I'm wrong, but perhaps we're misreading the use of "mirror" in the event title? Should we be thinking more conventional - just a regular mirror? Lwaxana certainly appreciates her own appearance. The Emperor, from what I gather from the pic earlier in this thread, is certainly an impressive sight to behold. The "mirror" could then be a story-plot device, and have nothing to do with the mirror universe or potential bonus crew. (Of course, then Bajoran Dukat should be in this event, but no matter.)

As to your question, I believe we won't have faction/bonus details until Wed.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm wrong, but perhaps we're misreading the use of "mirror" in the event title? Should we be thinking more conventional - just a regular mirror? Lwaxana certainly appreciates her own appearance. The Emperor, from what I gather from the pic earlier in this thread, is certainly an impressive sight to behold. The "mirror" could then be a story-plot device, and have nothing to do with the mirror universe or potential bonus crew. (Of course, then Bajoran Dukat should be in this event, but no matter.)

As to your question, I believe we won't have faction/bonus details until Wed.

I'd be more on board with your stretch thinking here if it wasn't very clear Georgiou is mirror universe and since she's the featured legendary the event is pretty clearly named after her
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure we are fairly safe to assume that all varenats of named crew are minor bonus. I'm leveling all my Picards. If they include mirror universe crew I'm golden. I have a bunch of those.