Home Make It So!
Options

Trait Audit Thread (new)

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one that has just occurred to me colonel karr is hirogen shouldn’t he have the hunter trait?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I’m beginning to wonder if any of the information in this thread makes it to the developers. There are so many incorrect or missing traits and yet rarely ever are these things corrected.

I feel like potentially the largest oversights come in the form of race and organization/affiliation traits.

For example, Temporal Prisoner Chakotay STILL does not have his [Starfleet] trait. I’ve spoken about this issue for nigh on a year or more.

And with the new campaigns gifting me with Covert Operative Leland, he’s missing both [Starfleet] and [Federation]. Honestly, how bad of an oversight is it to not know that Section 31 is a branch of Starfleet Intelligence?

Like can a forum mod comment on this and let us know whether or not all our hard work here is being taken into consideration? And if not, then is the Make It So forum even paid attention to at all?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like can a forum mod comment on this and let us know whether or not all our hard work here is being taken into consideration? And if not, then is the Make It So forum even paid attention to at all?

Closest thing I've seen was Shan's comment from March...
    As for a trait audit, it is something we want to do, so hopefully we will make it happen and that forum thread will indeed be very useful. Thank you!
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/149489/#Comment_149489
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been listed, but Bridge Officer Number One (The Rebecca Romijn version) should have the PILOT trait.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    musketeer la forge does not have a human trait which screwed me over big in a recent voyages
    da vinci has human trait and moset has cardassian trait... Michael sullivan also needs human trait as does dr noah & holo novel doc
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    . . . And with the new campaigns gifting me with Covert Operative Leland, he’s missing both [Starfleet] and [Federation]. Honestly, how bad of an oversight is it to not know that Section 31 is a branch of Starfleet Intelligence?

So, this is actually a gray area for me. In Discovery, they made Section 31 out to be a part of Starfleet . . . sort of. Certainly Section 31 seemed to answer to the Starfleet Admiralty.

But in DS9, Section 31 was so covert that it was unclear whether it was part of Starfleet or even the Federation. Harris claimed that it was not.

In game, however, both Sloan and Harris have the Starfleet trait, and Sloan has the Federation trait. So, either those traits should be removed from Sloan and Harris, or they should be added to Covert Operative Leland and Section 31 Georgiou. I could argue it either way, but it ought to be consistent.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    . . . And with the new campaigns gifting me with Covert Operative Leland, he’s missing both [Starfleet] and [Federation]. Honestly, how bad of an oversight is it to not know that Section 31 is a branch of Starfleet Intelligence?

So, this is actually a gray area for me. In Discovery, they made Section 31 out to be a part of Starfleet . . . sort of. Certainly Section 31 seemed to answer to the Starfleet Admiralty.

But in DS9, Section 31 was so covert that it was unclear whether it was part of Starfleet or even the Federation. Harris claimed that it was not.

In game, however, both Sloan and Harris have the Starfleet trait, and Sloan has the Federation trait. So, either those traits should be removed from Sloan and Harris, or they should be added to Covert Operative Leland and Section 31 Georgiou. I could argue it either way, but it ought to be consistent.

I don’t know about Georgiou because of who she is; Terran Empire might still suit her better than Federation but Starfleet for sure and definitely both for Lebland...I mean Leland.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    there are other things that take priority.

Could you or someone from the team tell us more about those priority things Shan? Obviously the F2P market is different from the "regular" one, but there you get previews of upcoming features etc. months ahead in magazines, websites etc.

And in the early development stages of STT also regular feature previews could be enjoyed in the old forum etc. Since some time there seems to be a "slow development phase" so a little look in the future from time to time would be cool...

• Options
    One of the things I found useful from another game forum of this type of sub-forum is that they had a stickied thread with a detailed list of all popular/regularly requested ideas/items.

Then they were categorised between currently being considered (aka not ruled out) and those not currently being considered (aka currently ruled out), often feedback maybe put in place why but not always.

I think the problem here in this subforum is that we have a lot of 1 way traffic and only the occasional hint that these sort of things are being looked at. It would be just nice to see a response one way or the other on some of these ideas and if possible a brief explanation as to why - but even that is just secondary.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    This isn’t a crew specific trait suggestion but I thought it warranted discussion. Grathon Tolar is out now and he brings to mind with his very few traits something I’ve been thinking about for some time now. The fact that this game definitely needs a Holographer trait.

Thanks to Voyager and DS9 primarily this speciality has been mentioned on-screen many times and I think it’s coming time for DB to get with the holoprogram and give us this trait. Grathon is a prime example because he is not just a criminal forger but a holographic genius aka a holographer.

Other characters have displayed the need for this trait as well. Especially the Doctor, Tom Paris, Quark, and Barclay. Now if we can just get this added maybe some short-changed crew like Grathon can have at least one more trait.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Since it seems possible that Temporal Agents will get a bonus in the upcoming mega event, should we have a review of that trait here? I understand "Temporal Agent" to refer to someone who travels through time for the explicit purpose of changing the timeline or preventing someone else from doing so.

Current Temporal Agents:
    • Captain Braxton
    • Temporal Agent Daniels
    • K'mtar
    • Temporal Agent Seven
    • Silik
    • Vosk

Crew who Ought to have the Temporal Agent Trait (in my opinion):
    • Annorax
    • Bestselling Author Jake Sisko
    • All main cast crew from ST IV: A Voyage Home (Professor Scott, Recovering Spock, Undercover Sulu, Dark Ages McCoy, Commander Chekov, Nyota Uhura, etc.)
    • All main cast crew from ST: First Contact, versions that are part of the away team to fix the timeline (e.g. Commander Troi, Lt. Commander La Forge, etc.)
    • All main cast DS9 crew from "Trials and Tribble-ations" (e.g. 1701 Jadzia, 1701 Sisko, Trader Worf, Trader Odo, etc.)
    • Laborer Spock
    • Incognito Kirk
    • Sphere-Builder Presage
    • Time Loop Mudd??

Crew to Add to the Game as Temporal Agents:
    • Obrist
    • Gabrielle Burnham
    • Red Angel Michael Burnham
    • Versions of TNG Main Cast from Episode Time's Arrow
    • Kira from "Past Tense" (episode with Bell Riots)
    • O'Brien from "Past Tense" (episode with Bell Riots)

Note: I have not included Bell Riots Bashir or Dax or Gabriel Bell (Sisko) as they did not intend to travel through time and effect the timeline. Martian Quark is another example of an unwitting time traveler who would not be deserving of this trait.

What do others think? Who have I missed?
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Looks like survivalist is the trait that needs reviewing

Cornwell and Away team Saru have already been proposed.

I believe Katrine, Combat Medic Paris and Resistance Neelix would be a fair shout too they seem to be the only Killing Game Voyager characters not to have it. Another possible exception is the murky waters of Agent Janeway as well.
  • Options
    Looks like survivalist is the trait that needs reviewing

Cornwell and Away team Saru have already been proposed.

I believe Katrine, Combat Medic Paris and Resistance Neelix would be a fair shout too they seem to be the only Killing Game Voyager characters not to have it. Another possible exception is the murky waters of Agent Janeway as well.

Since we’re on the subject of that, I’d say Ishara Yar should also have Survivalist, as well as possibly Criminal and Undercover Operative. Also, I’m pretty sure it would be a mostly ok thing to do if they simply gave every Neelix the Survivalist trait. He is the epitome of one after all.
  • Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Interfaced Barclay have the "Starfleet" trait?
  • Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that this game definitely needs a Holographer trait.

Other characters have displayed the need for this trait as well. Especially the Doctor, Tom Paris, Quark, and Barclay. Now if we can just get this added maybe some short-changed crew like Grathon can have at least one more trait.

Don't forget Tuvok; he did author the "Insurrection Alpha" simulation, after all...
  • Options

Yes. And so should Temporal Prisoner Chakotay and probably a few others as well.

While I’m here, I took a look at Annorax via the Wiki and I have to say, some of his traits are a bit puzzling. I specifically rewatched the the two part episode of Voyager called “The Year of Hell” and I really don’t think Annorax could be a called a Scoundrel. I’d say he’s more of a reluctant Villain. Oh, and I think maybe he should have Quantum Mechanics as well and possibly Temporal Agent. I mean, I know he’s not a literal TA, but he and his ship and crew DO travel through time altering things. That’s kinda what TAs do, so by just like Silik and Vosk he should have that trait. Thoughts?
  • Options

Yes. And so should Temporal Prisoner Chakotay and probably a few others as well.

While I’m here, I took a look at Annorax via the Wiki and I have to say, some of his traits are a bit puzzling. I specifically rewatched the the two part episode of Voyager called “The Year of Hell” and I really don’t think Annorax could be a called a Scoundrel. I’d say he’s more of a reluctant Villain. Oh, and I think maybe he should have Quantum Mechanics as well and possibly Temporal Agent. I mean, I know he’s not a literal TA, but he and his ship and crew DO travel through time altering things. That’s kinda what TAs do, so by just like Silik and Vosk he should have that trait. Thoughts?

Yes. See my post above (on May 28) regarding Temporal Agents.
  • Options

Annorax's ship did not travel through time. The temporal incursions he used altered the timeline by making changes to the space-time continuum. His ship was protected from the changes because the temporal core kept the ship out of phase with space-time. When Voyager rammed the Krenim weapon ship, the temporal core ruptured and removed the ship from the timeline, causing a reset of all temporal incursions.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

Annorax's ship did not travel through time. The temporal incursions he used altered the timeline by making changes to the space-time continuum. His ship was protected from the changes because the temporal core kept the ship out of phase with space-time. When Voyager rammed the Krenim weapon ship, the temporal core ruptured and removed the ship from the timeline, causing a reset of all temporal incursions.

The Krenim timeship's temporal shielding allowed his ship to effectively travel outside of time or independent of time. They'd been at this for 200 years according to Obrist. As Annorax himself said to Obrist, "Never is a word that has no meaning here. As long as we stay on this vessel, protected from space-time, we have all eternity to accomplish our mission."

So, based on the fact they aren't aging, and they existed independent of the space-time continuum, I would say that, yes, every Krenim on that ship, including Annorax and Obrist, are temporal agents.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I've started tracking gauntlets recently and the first repeat happens to be SEC: Duelist, Villain, Costumed. Enter Mr. Trelane who only has Costumed, despite literally dueling with guns and arguably deserves Villain as well. Do my boy justice, DB!
  • Options

Yes, ok, but they still technically travel through time, since we all are constantly traveling through our own personal times, lol. Jokes aside, my point still stands in that they did make incursions, which would radically alter time. That’s the same thing as what TAs would do, only without the messiness of having to go back physically and do it all yourself.

Anyhow, this isn’t what I’m actually here for. Episode 10 is finally out and one of the mission rewards is the Q Quinn. His traits are all very fitting except, for some odd reason, he doesn’t have Inspiring. That episode specifically went into detail about how Quinn had gone around through time inspiring key people throughout history, as well as physically helping some of them, too. I’d call that Inspiring at the least, Inspiring and Caregiver at most.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, ok, but they still technically travel through time, since we all are constantly traveling through our own personal times, lol. Jokes aside, my point still stands in that they did make incursions, which would radically alter time. That’s the same thing as what TAs would do, only without the messiness of having to go back physically and do it all yourself.

Anyhow, this isn’t what I’m actually here for. Episode 10 is finally out and one of the mission rewards is the Q Quinn. His traits are all very fitting except, for some odd reason, he doesn’t have Inspiring. That episode specifically went into detail about how Quinn had gone around through time inspiring key people throughout history, as well as physically helping some of them, too. I’d call that Inspiring at the least, Inspiring and Caregiver at most.

My understanding of Caregiver is that it's a proxy trait for "parental". Beverly Crusher variants from when Wesley was on the Enterprise have it; variants from after he left do not. The Caretaker has it, reflecting his paternal relationship with the Ocampa. I didn't hear anything in Quinn's trial that suggested that kind of role in any of his relationships. He was more of just a helpful nice guy, sort of like an omnipotent Longfellow Deeds.

But I am 100% with you on Inspiring, and would add Cultural Figure as a befitting trait. Come to think of it, he ought to also have the Costumed trait since he wasn't actually a Starfleet captain. So should Captain Q, for the same reason.
  • Options

My understanding of Caregiver is that it's a proxy trait for "parental". Beverly Crusher variants from when Wesley was on the Enterprise have it; variants from after he left do not. The Caretaker has it, reflecting his paternal relationship with the Ocampa. I didn't hear anything in Quinn's trial that suggested that kind of role in any of his relationships. He was more of just a helpful nice guy, sort of like an omnipotent Longfellow Deeds.

But I am 100% with you on Inspiring, and would add Cultural Figure as a befitting trait. Come to think of it, he ought to also have the Costumed trait since he wasn't actually a Starfleet captain. So should Captain Q, for the same reason.

Caregiver was the closest trait I could think of at the time that helped to sum up his general kindness and helpfulness he displayed towards humanity. I’d agree that Cultural Figure is a much better fit though.
  • Options
    On Quinn -- Elsewhere there's a thread about him specifically. Based on that discussion, I would agree that he should be a Cultural Figure, not only for his impact on humanity (which attempted to be anonymous), but even more for his impact on the Continuum, where he was unquestionably a major cultural figure, first as a philosopher and later as an attempted (and then successful) suicide. He also inspired the rupture in the continuum that led to the civil war, so Inspiring fits from that perspective as well as from the perspective of how he, for example, inspired Sir Isaac Newton.
  • Options
    LtPowersLtPowers
    edited July 2019
    Seems like at least some versions of O'Brien should have the [musician] trait. He plays cello.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    So, I've started tracking gauntlets recently and the first repeat happens to be SEC: Duelist, Villain, Costumed. Enter Mr. Trelane who only has Costumed, despite literally dueling with guns and arguably deserves Villain as well. Do my boy justice, DB!

Just an update, with a little over one month of gauntlet tracking, only one trait set has appeared at least three times; SEC: Duelist, Villain, Costumed. Sorting out those traits are important if they're going to appear every other week in the gauntlet.

edit: make that 4 times in a month. No other set has appeared more than twice.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I just brought up in the event thread, I'm surprised Q as "God" doesn't have the Counselor trait. That's surely the rationale for his MED skill, and he was as much of one as Sybok. Come to think of it, ditto Florist Q from the same episode.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that Quinn caused a civil war with half the Continuum as followers of his ideas shouldn't he have the Cultural Figure trait? There will never be a post mortem version of him so this is basically the only version which could.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Q_and_the_Grey_(episode)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Here’s an odd one that just occurred to me. Inglatu should have the Dominion trait because, as we learn in that episode, the Dosi are part of the Dominion.