Home Make It So!
Options

Trait Audit Thread (new)

Comments

• Options
    Ok, just got Desert Archer and first of all, I think he should be renamed to Katra Archer, since that would help people make sense of the Telepath trait they threw in there, and as well to differentiate between another possible Archer. One that I personally would love to have and I’m sure other Archer fans would as well. The OTHER Desert Archer, where he and Trip go to a desert on a planet with this guy they helped in space and end up playing some kind of weird lacrosse-like sport, shirtless I might add, lol.

I mean, I guess they could end up calling that one Desert Athlete Archer, but it’d just be a whole lot easier to make the Archer carrying Surak’s katra into Katra Archer. That said, he should also have the Survivalist trait, as I’m pretty sure that matching T’Pol had that one, plus they spend parts of two episodes SURVIVING in the barren, hot desert of Vulcan.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    It occurs to me that Thrax is missing the "Dominion" Trait
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    /obsolete.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Torpedo surgeon Mccoy is a Jury Rigger.

Definition of jury-rig

transitive verb

: to erect, construct, or arrange in a makeshift fashion

• Options
    Taggart wrote: »
    Torpedo surgeon Mccoy is a Jury Rigger.

Definition of jury-rig

transitive verb

: to erect, construct, or arrange in a makeshift fashion

+1, Came here to post that. He sure jury rigged that torpedo.
  • Options
    Why does Shinzon not have the "Romulan" trait? I know he was imprisoned on Remus, but he did kill his way to the top of the Romulan government and commanded a Romulan ship. I was shocked to not see him in the Neutral Zone Collection
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Crash41 wrote: »
    Why does Shinzon not have the "Romulan" trait? I know he was imprisoned on Remus, but he did kill his way to the top of the Romulan government and commanded a Romulan ship. I was shocked to not see him in the Neutral Zone Collection

Possibly for the same reason that Michael Burnham does not have the “Vulcan” trait?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Garth should have the "Lord" trait since he was so insistent on being called Lord Garth in the episode lol
  • Options
    I'm relatively new but I can only imagine they must actually make some trait changes for this thread to still be active? Or is it a perpetual wishing well?

Do they ever change skills? Like say, diplomacy to medicine? I suppose that would be too much?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petition for Indulgent Seven to be given the CRAFTY trait, as such was the Doctor's behavior when he was inhabiting her body.
  • Options
    Have we done the Scimitar not having a cloaking device to death yet? It would be nice to have it for Voyages sometimes.

58md8rpkyfwg.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeldark wrote: »
    I'm relatively new but I can only imagine they must actually make some trait changes for this thread to still be active? Or is it a perpetual wishing well?

Do they ever change skills? Like say, diplomacy to medicine? I suppose that would be too much?

Zeldark -- Occasionally they have updated traits in the game, generally as a one-off, but once there was a larger trait review. There's no question this thread has been something they looked at in that process, but that doesn't mean DB has agreed with everything we posted here.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    The Borg Queen should be added to the villain's list as Mirror Picard should be added to the tactician's.

Why exactly should Tactician be added to Mirror Picard? Asking because I don't know anything about the comics.

Borg Queen is already under the "add to Villain" list, please be sure to peruse the current list next time in case the information is already there :)

Oh, sorry about the Borg Queen. I thought you had forgotten to add her in this version as the original was put in a hold.

About Picard even not being completely familiar with the whole story he is in charge of an infiltration plan of the Terran Empire against the Federation and from that, I can take he is a very capable officer, able to be sent behind the enemy lines only with his crew and one ship to execute the plan. It would not be a task given to someone not really well prepared to plan well and think ahead of the circumstances.

Great work with the list. ^_^

I know this has been sitting for a while but Mirror Picard (and the other Mirror TNG crew in the game) are from the comic series "Mirror Broken" not "Dark Mirror". Tactician would still potentially apply to him but i can see why they have gone with the combo of Crafty and Maverick (the series is him going to steal the ISS Enterprise D from the remains of the Terrain Empire for himself).

I would argue against The Doctor having the Human Trait as while he looks human and was created by one, he never identifies himself as such (much like Data in that regard). Likewise the Professor while looking human is not one and probably shouldn't have that trait since the point of his character was that he is a Hologram that is self aware. It would make more sense to remove Human from Vic Fontaine since he's the one that is complicating matters with these characters

Great thread, has made me want to have a closer look at the traits in the game :-)
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Trait addition for Twilight T'pol - Civilian

Archer and her were living as civilians
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole lot of posts to go through, so these may have been mentioned:

Blood Oath Jadzia Dax. Should have Klingon Trait. Seem to remember something posted long ago that she was scheduled to get it. Never happened.

Doctor Prisoner Kitty Kat. Clearly established in the first episode that started giving clues about
    Lorca's origin
    that she is a physician type doctor. She even used her medical specialty while she was a prisoner. Nurse Christine Chapel got the Trait because she became a physician fifteen years later. Geordi La Forge has it for dressing up as a doctor on the Holodeck. Yet, a doctor who uses her medical specialty while in the condition she is presented as {a prisoner} does not have it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Picard and Number One -- Federation, Veteran, Canine

Annika Hansen Seven -- Romantic, Borg
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Whole lot of posts to go through, so these may have been mentioned:

Blood Oath Jadzia Dax. Should have Klingon Trait. Seem to remember something posted long ago that she was scheduled to get it. Never happened.

Doctor Prisoner Kitty Kat. Clearly established in the first episode that started giving clues about
    Lorca's origin
    that she is a physician type doctor. She even used her medical specialty while she was a prisoner. Nurse Christine Chapel got the Trait because she became a physician fifteen years later. Geordi La Forge has it for dressing up as a doctor on the Holodeck. Yet, a doctor who uses her medical specialty while in the condition she is presented as {a prisoner} does not have it.

Re: Prisoner Admiral Cornwell, I think there's a long thread somewhere about whether she's a counselor or a physician or both. Some disagreement among different players. In the game, physician seems to mean medical doctor. So, in US parlance of the early 21st century, the question would be whether she received an MD (psychiatrist) or a PhD (psychologist). I believe Deanna Troi is a psychologist but not a psychiatrist; she has the counselor trait, but not the physician trait.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Trait addition for Twilight T'pol - Civilian

Archer and her were living as civilians

An argument could be made to also remove her Starfleet trait, come to think of it.
  • Options
    Doctor Paul Stubbs has the Astronomer trait, which I was oblivious to existing. So far, the only others are Rain Robinson (pack only 5* I don't have) and Miss Q (4* who went straight to the freezer after the Q mega ended). Some others I would argue merit that trait:

Kaminar Saru
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Lt. JG Palmer (an honorary trait)
    Phoenix Cochrane
    Trelane
  • Options
    Doctor Paul Stubbs has the Astronomer trait, which I was oblivious to existing. So far, the only others are Rain Robinson (pack only 5* I don't have) and Miss Q (4* who went straight to the freezer after the Q mega ended). Some others I would argue merit that trait:

Kaminar Saru
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Lt. JG Palmer (an honorary trait)
    Phoenix Cochrane
    Trelane

Perhaps Saru's sister Siranna as well?
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Is there a more up-to-date version of the first two posts in this thread?
  • Options
    Is there a more up-to-date version of the first two posts in this thread?

I don't think so. It's been a while since someone took on the role of cataloging everything from the thread in one place.
  • Options
    Picard and Number One -- Federation, Veteran, Canine

Annika Hansen Seven -- Romantic, Borg

I second this!

50/50 on whether Picard gets his Veteran status, since he "quit" Starfleet on the spot. I would have to review current military law whether he would qualify, should he have done that in our time. Still Federation, most definitely.

This particular Annika is Seven's Avatar in the collective "hive mind" holodeck-ish world. Definitely still a Borg there, and yes, she's having the feelings & stuff, so Romantic is warranted. You could also consider "undercover operative" as a trait here, since those particular Borg are being so secretive, covert planning, etc.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Picard and Number One should have the Gambler trait, since in the first episode, he is seen...
    playing poker with Data. Even though it's just a dream, that really shouldn't matter, imo.

EDIT: A case could also be made for his having the Duelist trait, since he...
    gives fencing lessons to young Elnor. :)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    missing:
    Picard and Number one- Veteran
    Emperor Phillipa Georgiou- Royalty
    Garth of Izar- Lord
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Kamikawa4Kamikawa4 ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Picard and Number One should.have the hunter trait since Number One catches the bird and brings it back. It would be nice to give the dog some trait and not just the human.
  • Options
    Hi all, I've been playing for a little while and have noticed a few things:
    Saavik is a half Romulan in the book of Wrath of Khan so adding the Romulan trait
    Adding "Caregiver" to Arik Soong as he shows real care and compassion for the Augments in ENT
    My 1* Will Riker has the "Trill" and "Ambassador" traits. I'm assuming a Tribble in the system as Will is neither a Trill nor an Ambassador.
    Does anybody agree/disagree with this or have you also got a Spotty Diplomancer Riker
  • Options
    Romulan - an individual of the Romulan species or who is part of Romulan society/culture
    Shinzon [held political office of Romulan Praetor, albeit briefly]

Totally agree there. In the movie, he is the Romulan Praetor ... leader of the Romulan Empire.

The card got the Romulan trait removed and the Reman trait added (even Shinzon is genetically neither ... because he is a HUMAN clone of Jean-Luc Picard).

He is nowadays one of the weakest cards in the game, which for a Romulan leader is - compared to a Klingon Leader (Gowron, Kahless) a pity.

Giving him the traits of Romulan again (and maybe human?) and adding a bit more, might give that movie villain the right kick for the very long overdue all Romulan event!

(looking forward to that with the new Star Trek: Picard series)

Many new chances for great Romulan heroes and villains.

startreknemesis-hardy-stewart.jpg

350?cb=20130616000628

... and an added sound clip: „Can you see in the dark?

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    Is the new 3* version of Airiam, Human Airiam, no longer a Prodigy?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...was Dr. Jurati technically in Starfleet at the point in time she was in the show and shouldn’t she have the Cyberneticist trait?