Home Make It So!
Options

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

Comments

• Options
    TetronTetron
    edited January 2019
    Just like we have an indication if we have a duplicate or a fusible in our greyed out crew, we should also see maybe a snowflake or cryostasis on those crew that are already frozen so that we dont have to check the vault to know who we have already immortalized.
  • Options
    Many suggestions here take alot of concept of programming. It has to be quite simple to add an additional fleet co-admiral, vice admiral, or #1 commander to a person in the fleet chosen and assigned by the fleet creator/admiral. We need a second in command in the event of absence or unforeseen loss of an admiral. It ruins all the work a fleet put into their starbase when there is no way to make changes or control it when they lose their admiral.
  • Options
    Cheaper crew slot additions would be nice.
  • Options
    Any intensions to add a fleet based feature like fleets competing directly against other fleets?
    GoTA had AvA which were a lot of fun.
    Cheers,
    Lord Fireblood
  • Options
    How about a lot more weekly events that make use of ONLY crew that a lot of us have already. Seems as though every event gives us new crew. That is fine to give the new crew. But how many variations of the same crew member do we need before we have more events that can make use of the 200 characters I have frozen in the vault and never use. 50 variations of Kirk, Picard, Seven. etc.... I would like to use some of my frozen characters a bit more often. It would give more reason to keep collecting them.
  • Options
    maybe have:
    -1 day trade of crew you don't want from a list of ones your do with similar skills. Say a few 4* for one 4* you want. or a 4* for some cadets or something
    -have the size of the crew portal where you can choose how many in a row or smaller pics, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5
    -for veteran players over a certain captain level with all missions unlocked, have a reset to have them try again. The same missions can become stale. Or have missions reset to have a different outcome.
    -for current captain level, see where you are at in xp to the next level
    -sort crew by mission type, ie cadet challenge, normal missions, or sort and view rarity level only, and gender
    -trade ships/schematics for ones you don't have or want, similar to replicator rations
    -with so much space on the board have , weekly or monthly normal missions. I would like to see some Gamma/Delta quad locations. maybe re-live certain episodes/movies.

-we need more lower level cadet crew. so far all new characters have been mostly 4*and higher.
    -convert items in inventory to higher * levels
    -I agree with Ragnar13622, have levels of play in events.
    -bring in shuttles/runabouts to ship levels ie Delta Flyer, Rio Grande as 5*, and so on
    -i seen it suggested in another thread, ships in Starbase
    -and OT for the wiki, please someone change the name of the Borgs. Every time I see it I think of a sitcom idea with the Queen as a mom of Seven, Icheb, and others and Locutus as a odd uncle or something.
  • Options
    All the characters are unique and this time I really do not have any suggestions.
  • Options
    How do you start a thread in this forum? I can't see where you do that.

My main problem with the game is the drop chances are broken for obtaining items.

Medical Experiment for instance, has a drop chance of 1 in 5 for one of my options. That's 20% so I should obtain, on average, 1 Medical Experiment for every 5 times I warp.

I 10xwarped - nothing. Should have had 2. Did it again - still nothing. Did it twice more before I ran out of chronotons - that's 50 warps and not a sausage. I should have had 10 (if the averages were accurate), but I got nothing.

The drop chances are clearly given by % when buying packs, so why can't we have realistic % descriptions in the items we warp for instead of the "OOOOO" business?

I'm not asking for higher %s, just realistic expectations. It's frustrating when expectations are not met and can lead to player disengagement if we're feeling cheated or lied to by the system. Just keep it real and honest and we'll be happy.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levster wrote: »
    How do you start a thread in this forum? I can't see where you do that.

My main problem with the game is the drop chances are broken for obtaining items.

Medical Experiment for instance, has a drop chance of 1 in 5 for one of my options. That's 20% so I should obtain, on average, 1 Medical Experiment for every 5 times I warp.

I 10xwarped - nothing. Should have had 2. Did it again - still nothing. Did it twice more before I ran out of chronotons - that's 50 warps and not a sausage. I should have had 10 (if the averages were accurate), but I got nothing.

The drop chances are clearly given by % when buying packs, so why can't we have realistic % descriptions in the items we warp for instead of the "OOOOO" business?

I'm not asking for higher %s, just realistic expectations. It's frustrating when expectations are not met and can lead to player disengagement if we're feeling cheated or lied to by the system. Just keep it real and honest and we'll be happy.

If you’re here on a mobile device, the options for starting new threads are at the bottom of the screen.

fq06ioucynyb.jpeg

As for the drop rates, the dot system is somewhat misleading. The number of dots does not equate to a particular drop rate percentage, it is just a (very) rough estimation of drop frequencies relative to one another. Actual drop rate information can be obtained from the wiki (https://stt.wiki) and should help you identify which missions yield the best drop rates for any item. Even then, there is some randomness in the system and you will not see an exact same number of items dropping every time from a Warp 10...the rates provided are from dozens or hundreds of runs over time.
  • Options
    AHA! Thanks, Dirk - that Wiki page is very useful!

I'm using a PC to access the forums, and can't find the button to ask a question.

I misidentified the item in question. It was a science experiment, not a medical one.

The wiki page (I'm too new to post links) says the drop rate for the space battle I was using (Not a drop to drink) is 10.1 runs a unit (about a 10% chance).

I must have just been unlucky to not get 1 in 50. I tried again when enough Chronotons recharged and I got one on my first attempt (only 1 warp, not 10), so I guess RNGesus was against me earlier.

Perhaps the developers could swap the OOOOO drop chance rate with a % rate, like they do with the various packs when you click on the "i" to find out more. I think players would be less frustrated if they knew the real chance without having to research it on wiki.
  • Options
    Another place to farm 0* science experiments is the third cadet mission on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on Epic. Judicious use of the reward doubler ad videos can really help out, like the last one I ran where the mission dropped three for me and I doubled it to six.
  • Options
    That's a great tip, Dirk. Many thanks!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Levster The options to start a new thead, poll, ask a question etc do not appear until you get some forum exp...once you get a few "awesomes" the forum will be satisfied that you are not a spam bot and you'll be able to start threads.

Anouther thing to consider when selecting missions to farm are the other items they drop. For science experiments, I like Rockslide because it also drops textbooks and holoemitters
  • Options
    Thanks, @Odo. Useful to know about the posting rules, and thanks for the farming tip!
  • Options
    I have a suggestion to improve the game, specifically a new event type.

I think a new Gauntlet style event could be incredibly fun. We already have events which are based on other actions we do within the game, but we do not yet have one based off of Gauntlets, and it should be an easy implementation for DB.

Here are some of the specifics about how I would suggest this, and how I would implement it. Much like the skirmish event (starship battles) DB could set up a base rotation of characters for the gauntlet play to be played against. My suggestion would be a collection of 5 characters, specific to the type of event or story they are working around on that event and we would then fight that collection of 5 characters with a lineup of our choosing. I would suggest something like a lineup of 3 we choose to go against the 5 that DB has for the set for the event gauntlet. The 3 can have event crew modifiers built in to increase their skills bonus capabilities by a given factor, these modifiers could be factored the same as how the crit chance modifiers of the standard gauntlet are accomplished.

Our 3 crew would have to defeat all 5 of the crew that DB has for the event or result in failure (similar to how skirmish events are handled). Similar to Gauntlets, the characters would receive skill bonus reductions after having been used so that we cannot rely on 1 crew member to complete the event gauntlet.

Similar again to skirmish events, the "buyin" for starting a gauntlet round for the even could be akin to intel we use to start a round in skirmish. It could be set up that the intel could be farmed by completing rounds in a standard gauntlet similar to how intel can be farmed via space battle mission completions.

Winning gauntlet event rounds would provide materials or boosts just like completing skirmish event battles. One of the material dorps that the event gauntlet randomly supplies would be dilithium, to allow players to refresh/new their rotation within the standard gauntlet to continue farming of Intel as their rotation there weakens, and is incapacitated due to losses.

I could see this really creating some fun and interesting gauntlet events. There could be faction based gauntlet battles where we are playing out a battle between kiingons and romulans or the Terran empire vs the federation, etc. The possibilities are endless, and would really liven up freshen up what can become a stale environment for these long weekly events we have.

Id love everyone's input on this!

• Options
    I have a suggestion to improve the game, specifically a new event type.

I think a new Gauntlet style event could be incredibly fun. We already have events which are based on other actions we do within the game, but we do not yet have one based off of Gauntlets, and it should be an easy implementation for DB.

I was thinking this the other day. Skirmishes are an event implementation of ship battles, Expeditions are an event implementation of away missions, Factions are an event implementation of shuttle missions, and Galaxies are an event implementation of building items. The Gauntlet is the only remaining major game activity that hasn’t been turned into an event.

Such an event type could be called Manhunt, or Showdown, or Duel or something. I’m not necessarily sold on yet another currency type, however, nor on having to play the Gauntlet to acquire it. It would be nice if we could still run ship battle missions for Intel to use on the event (which yet again simplifies coding). I like the rest of your outline - restricting the number of crew we can use would introduce some strategy, though it might be tough for newer players due to a lack of crew. Perhaps there could be three divisions, as with Skirmishes, and the number of crew that can be used is restricted at higher levels? Balancing of the VP levels and a rarity restriction would keep advanced players from trading VP-per-unit-time for loading up on extra proficiency monsters.

This would also be a fun place to try out the “negative traits” idea that has been floating out there for the Gauntlet for a while - have a set of three traits that increase the critical chance by 25% each and another set of two or three traits that reduce it by, say, 15-25% each. I can see also the draw behind having the event crew simply having their critical chance set to 65%, with variants of event crew or a designated trait set at 45%, and single traits (a different one for each battle) offering a 25% bonus to any crew that provides a match. Either way, there would need to be some strategy with crew selection to maximize bonuses and skill matches.

I do wonder what the economics of event pack sales would look like. There will obviously still be people who simply want to be a completionist, but would pack sales in such an event suffer because proficiency-heavy crew are scarcely more valuable at 2-5/5* than at 1/5*? I suppose this could be avoided by making the ranked 5* crew proficiency-heavy voyage monsters, but would DB want to drop one of those every 4-6 weeks without the spending-frenzy of a Tuesday pack to support it?

Regardless of the details, if DB isn’t already looking into this, they really should.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

My main concern with this idea is that it could be even more tedious than skirmishes. How many times would we have to do a five-person-in-a-row gauntlet, with the same crew, in order to rank well?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix fleet chat so more messages can be viewed.

Admirals need the ability to dismiss an inactive squadron leader, and to promote another without disbanding the squadron.

Give Admirals the ability to change fleet names.

Ability for Admiral to lock Starbase rooms.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Having the voyage score breakdown added to the 'i' page of each card would be handy. Yes we can all do the workings out or have our own spreadsheets, or check on the voyage selection screen, but a little bit of quality of life/convenience wouldn't go amiss every now and then.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about recall time reduction boosts for voyages? We already have them for shuttles...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I think we would all benefit from having some sorting options for our ship I hat the single scroll from one end to the other....
  • Options
    I have an idea regarding all of excess crew you collect and eventually send blithely out the airlock: have a holding area where you store them longer than 7 days, and once a week there is a swap out event. There would be a small selection of 4* and 5* crew available, and if you want one, you have to trade in your air locked crew. Each character is worth a certain value, so much like replicating something, you need to ante up enough crew to get the one offered. So, for example, if they were offering a 1/5 * Assimilated Janeway, you might need to trade in 10 or so unwanted 4* . Likewise, for a 4* crew, maybe 10-12 3*. You could only do this a few times a week, and all sales are final. This would help a lot of us poor folk in getting a better set of crew while not wasting the extra crew we don't need. What do you think?
  • Options
    How about recall time reduction boosts for voyages? We already have them for shuttles...

+1. Very good idea
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    I would like to be able to put some crew "on hold" while I work on levelling other crew. Sort of like putting them in cryo and then being able to get them out and work on them when I'm ready to.
  • Options
    Glenn FiddichGlenn Fiddich ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I really would like an update on old features, like new schematic in gauntlet, new voyages dilemma's etc.
  • Options
    Any plans to increase our leveling experience past 99?
    Also thank you Shan for your hard work!Hope your vacation was “wicked awesome” !_!
  • Options
    I'd like to see all ship traits get ships that can hit the 2500 am start level for one ...
    I'd also like to be able to see ship abilities information from the vault of frozen crew lots of space next to the regular crew stats where the ship information could be listed
  • Options
    edited March 2019

The only problem with that is availability of the items used to upgrade a room; sometimes the easy-to-get items are only necessary in the rooms that are full, if they’re locked, some players might not be able to make donations.
  • Options

The only problem with that is availability of the items used to upgrade a room; sometimes the easy-to-get items are only necessary in the rooms that are full, if they’re locked, some players might not be able to make donations.

Then the fleet admirals need to be made aware of what they are doing. And, I would submit, instead of locking only entire rooms, locking one or more components for each room would be the better way to go. I would be super pleased with DB if we had the ability to lock out just holoemitters on every single room except the one that we have chosen to actively work on - we don’t really need to do that for the other three.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be super pleased with DB if we had the ability to lock out just holoemitters on every single room except the one that we have chosen to actively work on - we don’t really need to do that for the other three.

I'd second this, or that the admiral can bulk move donated holoemitters to another designated room.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO