Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was about a week ago, but I got an advertisement for beer. I'm not personally offended. I don't drink alcohol, but I recognize that most people do on occasion. However, in a game that minors can play, this is not an appropriate advertisement. If it comes up again, I will take a screenshot.

I'm still getting quite a few alcohol advertisements. I have at least 3 screenshots of different ones. Others in my fleet say they've never seen them. If these are allowed and supposed to be there, let me know and I'll drop it. Personally, I don't care of others drink, but I don't think those ads should be in a game.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was about a week ago, but I got an advertisement for beer. I'm not personally offended. I don't drink alcohol, but I recognize that most people do on occasion. However, in a game that minors can play, this is not an appropriate advertisement. If it comes up again, I will take a screenshot.

I'm still getting quite a few alcohol advertisements. I have at least 3 screenshots of different ones. Others in my fleet say they've never seen them. If these are allowed and supposed to be there, let me know and I'll drop it. Personally, I don't care of others drink, but I don't think those ads should be in a game.

It is something we will look into as to not show them anymore.
  • Options
    Found a fix.
    Uninstalled the game. Then reset AD I'd. Download the game. And allowed all prompts during the installation.
    Ads and doubles now work. 😊
  • Options
    I have just watched an as to completion five times to get an extra scan. Still no extra scan. This is not ad related as it happens regularly. Today it was an ad choices advert.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I just noticed that the blue triangle in the upper-left corner of this ad is non-functional:

7gu3mlvxzhgq.png

STT Revision 135341
    iOS 12.4.1
    iPhone 7+

EDIT: I saw the other triangle (for the ad provider) in the bottom-right corner. Oddly enough, that icon is also non-functional. 🤔
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    2-part ads with embedded videos are not working. I don't see a blue triangle to click on.

8xwrsl1vwoxl.jpg
    Andriod-Galaxy S7
  • Options
    The Nucala Asthma ad overrides and closes any bluetooth apps that are running. Android A50. Ad provided by Ad Choice
  • Options
    Add he Valara add. Neither Valara or Nucala ads allow you to turn off the sound for the add. On is for Asthma the other for Bi Polar, so they are very targeted adds and should not be in the rotation for this game. I am on a Galaxy A50. And in Western Washington State. The adds might be on Ad Choice, but what would normally be the button to go to who was providing the add, it takes you to the companies web page.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Ads for me have completely stopped for the last month. I have filed numerous tickets with CS (they have been good to me). I have a near infinite well of patience, but I am nearing the end.

I'm a competitive player, I play basically 24/7, and I enter most weekends wanting to compete for top 1.5K. I spend money, I want to play and do well.

But going a month without ads and competing with people who CAN watch ads is starting to kill me. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I'm losing over 200 chronitons, on Thursdays I'm losing a minimum of 10x standard boost packs, and on Saturdays I'm losing over a million credits, all from cadet challenges, to say nothing of the extra items (like 0* science experiments) I'm losing by not having double rewards. On skirmish weekends I have no ability to warp space battles for Intel, along with other things like dabo spins, scans, etc.

Through no fault of my own I am losing ground every day, and there is nothing I can do about it. There are only so many more days I will be willing to put up with this before I just walk away, because I'm rapidly losing interest in playing with one arm and one leg shackled behind my back. I just bought the latest premium campaign so I'm committed until at least the current campaign ends, but odds are if my ads are not back by then I will stop playing.

Please help, I'm hemorrhaging resources with no end in sight, and I'm losing hope.
  • Options
    This worked for me after an Android update turned off the ads.

Delete/ uninstall the game.
    Then reset AD I'd in Google settings.
    Re-Download the game. And allowed all prompts during the installation.
    Ads and doubles now work for me.
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    Adds switch to Portrait mode...
    Since the android App was updated last week, sometimes adds will appear zoomed on the screen when they finish, so that the close button is not visible or clickable. The add needs to be closed without reward. I filed a ticket about this but now have an update.
    I have noticed that it appears the add is showing in portrait screen mode although the game is locked in landscape mode. This happens to many of my common adds, but only at times. Sometimes the add works normally. It does not seem to be linked to me rotating the phone during the add.

I hope this helps
  • Options
    After a week, I started getting the Valara and Nucala ads again.
  • Options
    This ad was prevalent last week and crashed the STT App on my iPad every single time
    iOS 10.3.4

wpyaidmdm3n9.png

I believe a lot of these crashes are graphics chip related. Fortunately, I am getting a brand new iPad next week, so we will see if this continues, or if the updated graphics chip & improved iOS fixes all these crashes!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ad was prevalent last week and crashed the STT App on my iPad every single time
    iOS 10.3.4

wpyaidmdm3n9.png

I believe a lot of these crashes are graphics chip related. Fortunately, I am getting a brand new iPad next week, so we will see if this continues, or if the updated graphics chip & improved iOS fixes all these crashes!

These multipart ads are getting insideous. First, the user has to acknowledge it twice, second, there are often ads IN the ads! Banners in the articles. And if any fail you get the error, sometimes after the second part.

gksszblma3n9.jpg

This is the current one which will not play through, and wont stop playing.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    These ads that force you to click on them in order to generate click revenue are probably not what the advertiser thought they were signing up for. It might actually be fraud. In any case, I won't click on these, and sometimes nothing else will load on at least one of my devices. This one is for Maine travel, but I've also recently seen one for travel to Japan.

After initially ad warping as often as possible, especially after ad warping to double cadet challenges became a thing, I stopped using ads much at all because there was a time where I would watch multiple ads without getting a reward (I believe some of my last comments on this forum back in April were about this). Since I got used to not using them, I still don't really use them. I currently have a few days a week, however, where there are only 2 periods of less than 3 hours where I have an opportunity to log into the game. On those days, I need the ad to do a scan during one of those periods or I can't finish dailies, which affects my ability to obtain campaign accolades. If this is something that happens more than once or twice in a month, I won't be able to finish the campaign without spending dilithium, and I won't be doing that. I don't know that I'll keep playing if I stop being able to finish the campaign in spite of logging in every day. Please stop running ads like this.

hw2pnt89f77w.png
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have a question: How long does it take for an ad provider to take note of a specific ad being reported? The reason I ask is because I have done so for the following at least three times as “Ad is very offensive” and continue to see it:

4atsgza49n1q.png

vpp3q0nicg2p.png

EDIT: I also have screenshots of the Build Info but am unsure how much of that is personally identifiable, so I will save that for a DM if requested. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    There was a recent offer that came up via a notification but nothing when you sign into the game any ideas?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question: How long does it take for an ad provider to take note of a specific ad being reported? The reason I ask is because I have done so for the following at least three times as “Ad is very offensive” and continue to see it:

4atsgza49n1q.png

vpp3q0nicg2p.png

EDIT: I also have screenshots of the Build Info but am unsure how much of that is personally identifiable, so I will save that for a DM if requested. 🖖

I do not know how ad providers handle those reports :(
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a recent offer that came up via a notification but nothing when you sign into the game any ideas?

Wrong discussion, this has been resolved however.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Yahoo Finance web ad that then plays its own random ad continues to have problems. Half the times it fails after 2 seconds saying "unable to play ad" and I then have to replay it again. What's even worse is when part one works and then it fails on part 2. I then have to try again with part 1 and hope for the best.

What's even worse is the ads keeps coming up. So I have to sit and try again multiple times until I get lucky and it works.

This ad either needs to be fixed or blocked if it can't run correctly the first time.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t get any ad-warps atm. When I click the “Warp 1 Watch Video” button, it displays a black screen with a white play button in the middle of the screen. After a few seconds, a “close” option appears in the upper right, but no ad plays. If I press the close button, it goes back to the mission page as if nothing happened. This keeps happening regardless how long I wait. Pressing the play button has no affect.
  • Options
    I’m having issues with the add for Woody 99. I play it, but near the end, it stops and my game totally freezes 😳. Very annoying. Not sure if I got my bonus double items or not.....
    This happened a few times the last few days
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    About ads in general: I often have to re-run the ad twice, three times, four times until it eventually accepts and the warp goes through (or the 2x reward or the dabo reset, etc). Sometimes I spend five minutes just to get the free adwarp or adscan etc. done and lose time for the next one. Do any of you have similar issues on your meowbile devices?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I’m getting no ads at all, what’s the deal? I haven been able to find an ad at all in about 24 hours. I use Apple IOS.
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Errors out everytime ....just the Yahoo sports ones ....

mjg3t8v8x0v8.png
  • Options
    I am having the same problem with Yahoo Sports.
  • Options
    AqwindAqwind
    edited March 2020

4atsgza49n1q.png

vpp3q0nicg2p.png

I also reported that ad, that game should be taken off the Google play store. I am sti being shown it after a week.

• Options
    About ads in general: I often have to re-run the ad twice, three times, four times until it eventually accepts and the warp goes through (or the 2x reward or the dabo reset, etc). Sometimes I spend five minutes just to get the free adwarp or adscan etc. done and lose time for the next one. Do any of you have similar issues on your meowbile devices?

Just about 20 minutes ago I clicked 2 ads in a row to scan and nothing happened after each one. It has only been happening for me the past couple weeks. I have android OnePlus with Android 10 (worst Android version yet, I swear they are downgrading with each upgrade)
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again... Ad-warp. crash-crash-crash

It is the multi-part ad system. It used to be fine for a while, now crashes every time.

Sometimes it loads the first part fine, then you click on "next" and it goes black & crashes the game app.

iOS

l6xao9f7bdll.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Since the recent update, ads are 1) <snip> Please be more mindful in how you express your feedback, thanks. ~Shan. Redirecting to 3rd party websites and the app store. Showing fake X buttons in the corner and 2) giving the "Ad view credit blocked by limit"

DO NOT SHOW THE AD BUTTON if I've reached the limit. Or better yet, IF THE BUTTON WORKS AND I HAVE TO SEE AN AD then you give me the credit regardless. YOU are still being paid for that ad view. That's unethical.