Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    This new ad for the budget subscription thing is ludicrously long. A minute or minute and a half? Good grief. If this is how long the ads are gonna be, I'm going to stop clicking on them. BAD MOVE DB!
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new ad for the budget subscription thing is ludicrously long. A minute or minute and a half? Good grief. If this is how long the ads are gonna be, I'm going to stop clicking on them. BAD MOVE DB!

It would be useful to have the exact name of the ad, and also the network it is provided by.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ad for “Billipool” provided by Vungle launches the App Store on iOS and does not have the X option to close. It would apparently continue replaying indefinitely, so closing STT & restarting is the only way to escape the loop.

Screenshots:
    rv0yiczcqpe9.png
    75cn9dxiszu9.png
    hdxu5c20jfc6.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    For a long time, ads on my Android phone have not been playing, but rewards still given.
    I was perfectly fine with that!
    Now I am getting ads, which are playing long videos for games / restaurants etc. etc., but this is killing my data usage, which has sky rocketed, and pushed me over my monthly limit (1GB) in about a week since the update. I always thought it was being clever enough not to use up data showing video streaming data and just gave it a pass on my phone network (Sky).
    When at home on Wi-Fi, ads were being played, which was fine on an unlimited broadband.
    I now have to give up on playing ads on my phone due to the data usage.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know why ads were not displaying previously while you were on data.
    I do not think this was something we implemented and then removed however.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Phd wrote: »
    For a long time, ads on my Android phone have not been playing, but rewards still given.
    I was perfectly fine with that!
    Now I am getting ads, which are playing long videos for games / restaurants etc. etc., but this is killing my data usage, which has sky rocketed, and pushed me over my monthly limit (1GB) in about a week since the update. I always thought it was being clever enough not to use up data showing video streaming data and just gave it a pass on my phone network (Sky).
    When at home on Wi-Fi, ads were being played, which was fine on an unlimited broadband.
    I now have to give up on playing ads on my phone due to the data usage.

Did you have your "data saver" setting turned on previously and now it is turned off due to a phone update or something? Just an idea. Check the settings. :smiley:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Just had another ad provided by Vungle go directly to the iOS App Store. Tapping “Done” returns to STT, but there is no X to close the ad, thus necessitating closing STT itself. This time, however, I did not receive the 2x rewards for the items, so I basically wasted 18 chronitons.

Alas, I did not take screenshots this time, but the ad was for Happy Colors, I think. I am certain that the provider was Vungle, though.

Shan, is there a way I can block ads from Vungle on iOS so that this does not happen again when I redeem my (extra, thank you!) Cadet Challenge tickets on Thursday? 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can bring up the issue with ads from the Vungle network, but I cannot guarantee that they will be removed.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I can bring up the issue with ads from the Vungle network, but I cannot guarantee that they will be removed.

Thank you for bringing it up, Shan. Rest assured, I will not submit a CS ticket over a relatively trivial (in my opinion) issue such as this. LLAP 🖖
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past 2 or 3 days I've encountered issues with as warping cadet missions (not doubling but the warping that can occur every 4 hours). I'll click the left most Warp button and the game locks up on Hailing Starfleet. I'm forced to kill the app and end up losing the warp/rewards.

I'm on a Google pixel 3 running Android 10

cmr6end6epbj.png
  • Options
    For about 1 week I almost never get the option to watch an ad to scan a second time, when I normal would (even if it the first time playing that day, i.e. I haven't used an ad in 8-16 hours). Android 9, Samsung A50.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Over the past 2 or 3 days I've encountered issues with as warping cadet missions (not doubling but the warping that can occur every 4 hours). I'll click the left most Warp button and the game locks up on Hailing Starfleet. I'm forced to kill the app and end up losing the warp/rewards.

I'm on a Google pixel 3 running Android 10

cmr6end6epbj.png

I too am getting this - the most egregious advert for locking up line this is "Bricks Ball Crusher" Running Samsung S8, Android 10
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    With yesterday's update ads became problematic again. They had worked fine for weeks.

Since yesterday I often do not get an ad button when the timer on the device ran out. Instead I need to restart STT to show the ad button.

Apart from that I have no new issues on the iPad.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 1. I use Apple. Having to run ads two and three times to get the reward. Ridiculous...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had to run one 6 times before getting the reward. Today I only had to run 1 multiple times. Also having to tap multiple X's on the screen to close the ads is annoying.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's the lack of staffing due to the Covid19 Shelter in Place or Tilting Point takeover, but the Ad issues are the worst to date.
    A valid answer would be appreciated. Currently stuck on Dabo wheel this time.....igtz1n8wouet.jpg
  • Options
    Darth GrandpaDarth Grandpa ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have had those "hailing starfleet but the ad never appears" issues for a week.
    But since yesterday I get no ad-buttons at all! (Samsung A7)

What's going on?
  • Options
    Instead of writing it all out again, i'll just post a ss of what i just shared on Discord.y7xzycrw9jg2.jpg
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    Well, rebooting the phone did the job. Thanks!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry that some of you have issues with ads.
    Unfortunately, there is not always something we can do, especially without more detailed information.

And that includes full screenshot and the name of the ad network.

Sadly, for some older devices, ads might not work properly.
    If we see a commonality with specific devices, it is something we could look into but otherwise it would be hard to pinpoint the cause.
  • Options
    JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    el3unecutkzz.png
    This is what I get the last few days, when I want an add to double my reward. No add in sight and the screen keeps like this. I have to restart the game. I estimate this happens with 1 out of 3 rewards every day.... very obnoxious.
    Iphone 7 with all recent updates.
  • Options
    Ads keep opening the App Store on their own. Browser hijacking is inappropriate, and as usual support emails aren’t helping. How do we get this fixed
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ads keep opening the App Store on their own. Browser hijacking is inappropriate, and as usual support emails aren’t helping. How do we get this fixed

There is nothing that support can do regarding ads.
    What you can do on your end is report the ad, there should be an option on the ad for that.

You can also let us know about it by providing us with the ad name and preferably the ad's network name. There is a dedicated discussion for this below. Screenshots/videos do help as well.

We have limited control on what ad networks do, but we try to tackle issues when we can.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

There is nothing that support can do regarding ads.
    What you can do on your end is report the ad, there should be an option on the ad for that.

You can also let us know about it by providing us with the ad name and preferably the ad's network name. There is a dedicated discussion for this below. Screenshots/videos do help as well.

We have limited control on what ad networks do, but we try to tackle issues when we can.

Thanks, found the other discussion. Appreciated.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kindle Fire 7 brand new- like 48 hours out of the box, and the ad errors are so bad- dabo, cadet challenge, etc.- and so varied- play but get nothing, have to play repeatedly, hijacks to Appstore, crashes game back to TP splash, never launch and I have to restart game, that I have simply quit using them.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    el3unecutkzz.png
    This is what I get the last few days, when I want an add to double my reward. No add in sight and the screen keeps like this. I have to restart the game. I estimate this happens with 1 out of 3 rewards every day.... very obnoxious.
    Iphone 7 with all recent updates.

This same thing has been happening to me lately, 3 or 4 times a day for the last week or so.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Why are Intel rewards not showing up in the battles for items?

**** NEVERMIND***** Reboot fixed it.
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Having ads now AUTOMATICALLY redirecting me to the Google Play Store, without me touching the screen or interacting with the phone.
    Play the ad, and before the timer has expired it LAUNCHES another app, namely Google Play!

This is hacking surely? Or some malicious code embedded in the advert itself? (And therefore surely illegal and in breach of whatever terms and agreements you have with the advert suppliers?)

This REALLY needs to be addressed. On the first occasion, I had to reboot the game.

I play THIS game. I don't want an advert taking control of my phone and opening other apps. I would far rather have ALL adverts blocked permanently, and lose whatever rewards they accrue, than surrender control of my phone to some scam company.

Twice in the last 24 hours this has happened.

Screenshots of the offending ads attached;
    kpwl3k64c2pd.jpg
    3ggmc8z43jfp.jpg
    il6wrq80fr4i.jpg
    dx6hckbgerhn.jpg

• Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    And another from today... the advert redirected me to Google Play Store before it had even finished...
    twgfc59ijacp.jpg

7jozibwgxkp7.jpg
    5vl3wiqkjt18.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I've let the relevant team know, thank you for providing screenshots.