Home The Bridge

Yet another botch-up!!

Comments

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank 13 - Data
    Rank 1044 - 18,000 Honor
    Rank 16xxx - Data

Shrug.
  • I kind of feel bad for them.... they are just embarrassing themselves now.
  • SarjoSarjo ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ymz8xkwxvff2.jpeg

Wonder if we get to keep the 18k honour as well. If so, and we (eventually) get the extra Data, it’s another mistake that pays off.

Come on DB, making far too many of these mistakes. As ever grateful you try to make amends. But when you can’t get the event mechanics [nor] compensation right, might be time to review things.
  • Finished 4th, got Data but I already cited him to 5* before the compensation was announced
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    So did the last place guy get Art's 50k honor?

More importantly, did the first place guy get 50k crons.
  • SMM wrote: »
    sorinev wrote: »
    So did the last place guy get Art's 50k honor?

More importantly, did the first place guy get 50k crons.

Nope, got a Data! The failure is almost breathtaking.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wait, if Art didn't get 50k honor... who did, exactly?

I feel like they probably sent it to someone.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Wow.... how do they mess up this. I backed out of event when I realized everything was problematic and ended in around 3000 but this amazes me how how poorly this is turning out. With the 10 for 10 offers today I am just going to hold off.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, DB...I feel kinda bad for whomever earned themselves this:

https://youtu.be/9Jz1TjCphXE
  • Also confirmed, 1st place got Data, not 50k honor.

Wonder who got the 50k honor email instead. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Also confirmed, 1st place got Data, not 50k honor.

Gotta laugh! If only there were some sort of way of checking and verifying these kind of things before they get issued. Or indeed some sort of review system before the original error. A review which might have reduced or even removed the requirement for rework, compensation etc. When will someone ever come up with such a system.

*cough* (QA) *cough*
  • What a comedy of errors. Did anyone get Data besides the winner?
    I finished 582, and will wait to cash out the honor in my inbox until this is sorted.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was starting to wonder if they used the wrong event rank. But it seems unlikely that 16,000th place was in the top 1,500 in the last event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually managed to get the correct thing (18k honor for 13,025th place), so it may not be as simple as “>= vs <= rank 1500” that led to the error. Which is kind of worse, really...
  • I got Data. rank 14
  • Jim Steele wrote: »
    Just had an e-mail for 18,000 honour. Yet I finished in 114th so wheres my Data?

ht3ade935chd.png

I finished 1052 and got 18k honor too, one of my fleetmates finished 1373 and they did get a 5* Pinafore Dara????
    I actually managed to get the correct thing (18k honor for 13,025th place), so it may not be as simple as “>= vs <= rank 1500” that led to the error. Which is kind of worse, really...

My best guess right now is they based it off of the wrong event, or put the DBIDs through RNG. :P
  • Stygian wrote: »
    The most important question - what did captain smudge get?

76 chrons and a promotion.

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloody hell same deal here ranked 399 18k honor where’s that pitchfork the extra pointy one
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Bloody hell same deal here ranked 399 18k honor where’s that pitchfork the extra pointy one

I recommend one with a torch attachment. That one is my favorite.
  • Stygian wrote: »
    The most important question - what did captain smudge get?

Smudge says his chronotons finally arrived :P
  • Well I can at least confirm they didn't just use the rankings from the original run of the event, I placed 1204 that time around... Which still shouldn't result in the 18k honor I have received