Home The Bridge

Yet another botch-up!!

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually managed to get the correct thing (18k honor for 13,025th place), so it may not be as simple as “>= vs <= rank 1500” that led to the error. Which is kind of worse, really...

My best guess right now is they based it off of the wrong event, or put the DBIDs through RNG. :P

That seems reasonable. I haven’t been in the top 1500 in a while...perhaps last week’s event?
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, it's not a previous event rank, as my 16000th place account has never breeched the top 5k of any event, ever. Yet he got Data.
    Excel error or script error.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just checked my past ranks with my main toons.
    And the last time my Main didn t finished top 1000 while my other toon did, was the „Updated and Revised“ event. But why whould they use the ranking of a event 4 weeks ago? Well...yes i know. Lol
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    I kind of feel bad for them.... they are just embarrassing themselves now.

No they have been doing that for years.
  • No wait, if Art didn't get 50k honor... who did, exactly?

I feel like they probably sent it to someone.

Probsbly the player who finished in last place.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished 651st, got 18k honor.

s2s1pph15b6y.jpg
  • Hrmm, for me I got the 'correct' compensation based on my ranking from the first time.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 18K honor, too, and 300ish place.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Maybe this issue is the same issue as the shuttles. Ie not knowing the difference between AND and OR.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just checked my past ranks with my main toons.
    And the last time my Main didn t finished top 1000 while my other toon did, was the „Updated and Revised“ event. But why whould they use the ranking of a event 4 weeks ago? Well...yes i know. Lol

If they used ranks from a different event, then it wasn't Updated and Revised. I had rank 552 in that one and I got 18000 honor as I was supposed to :D
  • Just checked my past ranks with my main toons.

If they used ranks from a different event, then it wasn't Updated and Revised. I had rank 552 in that one and I got 18000 honor as I was supposed to :D

Yes, a fleetmate just proved me wrong as well. Ok, so its just RNG and total random.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started thinking... Maybe they should just send Data to players who got honor and honor to players who got Data. Everyone would get the same thing in the end and that's probably the best outcome they could hope for.

Then I realized.... That probably wouldn't go right either and the mess would get compounded. The situation seems near hopeless, I'm afraid.
    Farewell 🖖
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Business as usual at DB. A recent screenshot from the dev's computer.
    hw87nhukeq0o.png

No Happy Mrs Chicken right now George.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • ELiL wrote: »
    Hilarious.

And got the boost your crew offer. 2x 10x10
    Why would I give you money right now?

This.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding my data point --

Compensation I should have received: HMS Pinafore Data
    Compensation I received: 18k honor

Will wait to see their mass response before putting in a ticket.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe my crusade to just get the OR and AND shuttles to work correctly was setting the bar too high....

Maybe CareerBuilder.com is filming a new chimpanzee commercial, DB rented out their offices as a filming location, and forgot to unplug the keyboards?
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Stygian wrote: »
    I’m actually laughing as it’s getting worse...

...the only way to fix this now: everyone gets 18k honour and a shiny Data and then extra compensation for those at 1-1500 on top of that...

This is pretty much the only thing that would be fair to all players
  • Erikbert wrote: »
    Perhaps they should give everyone a Mirror Picard.... Too soon?

Then reduce his ship skills :-)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Wow.... how do they mess up this. I backed out of event when I realized everything was problematic and ended in around 3000 but this amazes me how how poorly this is turning out. With the 10 for 10 offers today I am just going to hold off.

Same here.

Seriously though, has the dev never written a database query before? I honestly having a hard time seeing how a professional at any level of his career could mess up something so simple.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished 103rd, got 18K honor.
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    They just found the problem:

drunkfarksysadmin.jpg

jajajaja
  • 1126 and got honor ... how many of your CS haven't quit yet DB ? :disappointed:
  • GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    forget that.