Home The Bridge

Yet another botch-up!!

Comments

• Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm not going to tell you that I've spent the last hour looking online for a solid contact into Tilting Point so I could tell them how solid their investment strategy for player retention in STT was - given that two of the top spenders they have were just told in tickets to pound sand - over $25 mind you, and are now about to walk away.

I'm not going to tell you that.

instead, I'll just say I'm in the same boat, but I'm not the creative one in the house and I haven't come up with a witty name yet.

Have you considered LinkedIn?
  • So I got a bad RNG luck for my CS rep. I cited Data twice before the compassion to FF him and they are refusing to give me a citation back instead of the Data. SERIOUSLY!?!?

can someone tell me how to get a more logical outcome!?!

I bought a DYS for Data before the compensation was announced and I ticketed asking for honor or a refund or hell even a downgrade to the 18,000 honor tier. I was told to pound sand. So.... VOILA!

...let it never be said I'm not passive aggressive.

❤️ The player formerly known as SilverRose

Wow. Just... wow.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    So I got a bad RNG luck for my CS rep. I cited Data twice before the compassion to FF him and they are refusing to give me a citation back instead of the Data. SERIOUSLY!?!?

can someone tell me how to get a more logical outcome!?!

I bought a DYS for Data before the compensation was announced and I ticketed asking for honor or a refund or hell even a downgrade to the 18,000 honor tier. I was told to pound sand. So.... VOILA!

...let it never be said I'm not passive aggressive.

❤️ The player formerly known as SilverRose

Unbelievable. It's as if they try to piss off people even more....
  • CS is **tsk tsk** though.

Try telling @Shan and she'll get the message to them somehow. I don't know why getting CS informed properly isn't part of the deal though.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    CS is **tsk tsk** though.

Try telling @Shan and she'll get the message to them somehow. I don't know why getting CS informed properly isn't part of the deal though.

They probably received instructions: “This is the only compensation we will give, do not entertain swap requests” and completely forgetting the people that spent DYC and honors.

An oversight from DB management? Hard to believe
  • Well I'm happy. Finished 16k ish and got a data. But seriously another case of (probably) needing compensation for the compensation. Come on DB
  • Was happy with my 18k honor for participating in the event. Decided to reward DB by buying the 10-for-10 twice. Reading Frank's and FY6D's experience above has me regretting that decision.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there is no doubt DB have good intentions, their systems are, well just "broken". There has been too many comedy of errors and **tsk tsk**-ups, as a consumer, I have lost confidence in them after all, this game is expensive, and clearly not worth pilling money into.

Customer Service is, well, just shocking. I suppose that is inevitable given they contract everything out - hell they could probably make a-lot more money sacking CS and just asking players to volunteer as CS reps.

This reminds me of soo many past problems, they clearly need to sort out. I remember the issue with Musketeer La Forge, people who didn't buy packs getting him, people who bought one pack getting 5 copies of him, people who bought several just getting one. There is no consistency and it would appear DB lack the appropriate tools or know-how to sort things out properly.

This happened over a year ago, yet lessons aren't being learned. Clearly they are warning signs here.

They should just issue everyone with a free 5* Data, refund or credit dil to those who bought stars for him, and cancel next weeks event while they sort this mess out...

Jim

DB: Do Better
    instead, I'll just say I'm in the same boat, but I'm not the creative one in the house and I haven't come up with a witty name yet.
    Frank Spencer? Sums up DBs ineptitude at the moment!

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    robownage wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'm very intrigued to see what DB's solution is for this mess, which they've promised to have implemented before the upcoming event begins. As it stands, this is making Picard-gate, Yar-gate, etc... pale in comparison, when it comes to overall ineptitude and a complete failure of customer service.

I just hope this isn't the death knell for ST Timelines.
    This is not worse than Picardgate or Yargate, come on now. The compensation was far more thoughtful here, and on a significantly more reasonable timeline. They've clearly learned from those past mistakes; unfortunately now they're learning about bugs in their system firsthand (maybe they'll finally understand what playing their game is like). It's been an impressive comedy of errors, but hardly rates at the same level as those two.

Agree when I look at Data I don’t look at him as I did when yargate was going on. When any transition / handover happens there are bound to be problems arising but what I think has encouraged me to be more patient is their willingness to take things in a new and better way just needs the execution and the know how if you ask me.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • This game is almost three years old. My patience ended a while ago. If a company get it together after that long...
  • It's kind of funny, and embarrassing for DB, but they really worked at getting out a decent compensation in time before the following event. I'm actually not unhappy, I think their compensation was fair on the side of generous, and certainly better than before, and I'm a forgiving person. I do think there'a a lack of communication with CS and I think there could be more consistency there, but really I'm just going to be patient til it gets sorted.

I like the game and I don't want it to go belly up because they rushed something out to help the players and it went wrong. The biggest issue is clearly the fact that it WAS rushed, because of the events being linked nowadays.

Be patient folks, work with CS and tag (or message) Shan or JazzRiker if you think you need them to step in on your behalf, and I think it will be sorted soon enough.

Yes but... three years. Getting things right is not that hard and it's mistake after mistake. The game really isn't good. It poorly designed, repetitive and boring. The only thing that keeps it going is "Star Trek" and the camaraderie people find with the fellow players.

DB is not doing better. They never will because TPTB are simply no damned good. Which is a shame because it's actually really easy to get it right.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    You
    The game really isn't good. It poorly designed, repetitive and boring.

You expect too much from a mobile game that is just the fix for trekkies. As a f2p I'm perfectly satisfied with this game.
  • AMDG wrote: »
    You

You expect too much from a mobile game that is just the fix for trekkies. As a f2p I'm perfectly satisfied with this game.

Expecting competence is too much?

Huh. I shall revise my expectations.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    brqzei89mg9p.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »
    You

Expecting competence is too much?

Huh. I shall revise my expectations.

Just one example. The Schwarz Group ( chain of stores including Lidl and Kaufland ) wanted to change their software platform and signed with SAP, the largest ERP supplier in the world. After a few years and 500.000.000 EUR spent they gave up and returned to their old program.

At least here everyone is getting their Star Trek fix, whales included. No hard feelings :)
  • Changing ERP systems... oof. I shudder at the thought of my employer doing that....
    edited November 2018
    Update!
    ❤️ the player formerly known as SilverRose until I see if that refund that was maybe promised actually goes through
    Best of luck FU6D formerly known as SR, I really hope they fix it for you! Honestly, the few times I have dealt with CS has been an unpleasant experience. I really don't know why I spend money on this car crash.

Jim

edited November 2018
    AMDG wrote: »

Just one example. The Schwarz Group ( chain of stores including Lidl and Kaufland ) wanted to change their software platform and signed with SAP, the largest ERP supplier in the world. After a few years and 500.000.000 EUR spent they gave up and returned to their old program.

At least here everyone is getting their Star Trek fix, whales included. No hard feelings :)

Ha, I read about that a while ago, I thought it was kind of hilarious tbh.
    Changing ERP systems... oof. I shudder at the thought of my employer doing that....

I’ve been involved in a few projects like that actually... Everybody always wants to keep working like they do.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update!

Overnight, the CS rep worked very hard and removed my 6th Data and all content from the DYS from my account. Those words alone put terror in my heart because, well, I don't trust CS to go into my account and remove the right things. Independence Day pack anyone? The survey of what she took is still ongoing.

Anyway.

So they told me to contact Apple to start the process to refund my $25 and they'd approve it.

Apple told me to contact the developer. I had to send a screenshot of the ticket.

Apple then said they'd reach out to the developer to confirm and it would be 5-7 business days for a refund if approved. But they couldn't guarantee approval blah blah legal blah. I told CS I had started the process. Haven't heard anything else. It would be nice if they kept me updated, but it would also be nice if my dad had bought me that pony he promised me when I was 5.

So now I have no extra Data and no items, but also potentially no $25 and I have no idea what to think. What kind of company takes your items from you before giving you your money back? And only giving a maybe at that? I'm just kind of speechless today, and I'm keeping the name until I get my damned $25.

But there is one thing I do know: dealing with CS is perhaps one of the worst and most stressful parts of this game, and that is absurd. I hate having to constantly fight with people to accomplish what should be very quick and easy things.

If DB is going to have a game equivalent of a Ford Pinto, they need to have the CS equivalent of Jaguar (who expect a lot of service issues and have procedures in place to alleviate customer pain). Jaguar is not a solidly built car but people keep buying them because the customer experience makes the service issues a little less of a pain point. If both the product and service are broken, then it's just a powder keg -- or yeah, Ford Pinto.

❤️ the player formerly known as SilverRose until I see if that refund that was maybe promised actually goes through

I have found myself inspired by you, FU6D.

As such, I hope my new name reflects another possible side of the equation involved. :)
    Update!

Overnight, the CS rep worked very hard and removed my 6th Data and all content from the DYS from my account. Those words alone put terror in my heart because, well, I don't trust CS to go into my account and remove the right things. Independence Day pack anyone? The survey of what she took is still ongoing.

Anyway.

So they told me to contact Apple to start the process to refund my $25 and they'd approve it.

Apple told me to contact the developer. I had to send a screenshot of the ticket.

Apple then said they'd reach out to the developer to confirm and it would be 5-7 business days for a refund if approved. But they couldn't guarantee approval blah blah legal blah. I told CS I had started the process. Haven't heard anything else. It would be nice if they kept me updated, but it would also be nice if my dad had bought me that pony he promised me when I was 5.

So now I have no extra Data and no items, but also potentially no $25 and I have no idea what to think. What kind of company takes your items from you before giving you your money back? And only giving a maybe at that? I'm just kind of speechless today, and I'm keeping the name until I get my damned $25.

But there is one thing I do know: dealing with CS is perhaps one of the worst and most stressful parts of this game, and that is absurd. I hate having to constantly fight with people to accomplish what should be very quick and easy things.

If DB is going to have a game equivalent of a Ford Pinto, they need to have the CS equivalent of Jaguar (who expect a lot of service issues and have procedures in place to alleviate customer pain). Jaguar is not a solidly built car but people keep buying them because the customer experience makes the service issues a little less of a pain point. If both the product and service are broken, then it's just a powder keg -- or yeah, Ford Pinto.

I have found myself inspired by you, FU6D.

As such, I hope my new name reflects another possible side of the equation involved. :)

Hey, at least you have a 3/5 Queen Aoleon! Or Queen Sarabi, if you will.
  • Update!

Anyway.

Obviously you have never owned/driven a newer Jag. You are mistaken about the cars, but absolutely spot-on about their CS.

My take is DB should only need a small CS, because they should have enough QC in place to alleviate problems before they exist. And they don't...

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, and I still spent more than I should this week on it, but someone needs to step in and fix this mess.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys -- I sympathize with everyone on here, but let's see what the fix is and how it's implemented. Then individuals for whom the one-size-fits-all approach isn't appropriate will know what to ask for and we'll see how CS responds. It's likely CS reps aren't fully briefed yet on what to do as DB is still deciding what the main fix will be.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Jassada wrote: »
    I really hope something goes wrong again so we can get compensation issue compensation issue compensation. :D

Has something else already gone wrong? I logged in expecting to see the event stuff for tomorrow which generally goes live at noon but...but nothing. Maybe it changed with daylight savings time?