Home The Bridge

Yet another botch-up!!

Comments

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    Jassada wrote: »
    I really hope something goes wrong again so we can get compensation issue compensation issue compensation. :D

Has something else already gone wrong? I logged in expecting to see the event stuff for tomorrow which generally goes live at noon but...but nothing. Maybe it changed with daylight savings time?

No, it should have been there half an hour ago. But they aren't putting it up until they figure out the compensation thing, I guess?
  • Yes, they're delaying it because of the issue with the compensations. Shan wrote it in another thread:
    Shan wrote: »
    We are still working on this.
    The event announcement and packs will be delayed today.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just got a Pinafore Data DYC popup, yet I don't have an in-game message and/or 2nd copy of data in my crew... to channel Detective Data, something is afoot...

EDIT: restarted the game and a 2nd copy of Data (I finished 692) has appeared in my crew listing, and I currently still have the accidental in-game message with 18k honor
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine
  • I have mine as well.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    I just got a Pinafore Data DYC popup, yet I don't have an in-game message and/or 2nd copy of data in my crew... to channel Detective Data, something is afoot...

EDIT: restarted the game and a 2nd copy of Data (I finished 692) has appeared in my crew listing, and I currently still have the accidental in-game message with 18k honor

I got the same thing; Double popup but no new Data, restarted and new Data appeared in my overflow.
  • Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Nothing about players stuck with a 6th Data. Great
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Now „some“ (and mostly always the same) ppl will complain that puttin the Data already into crew quarters, triggered their DYC.....the whining will continue....lol...

...and of course about that ppl ranked 1500+ and got Data by accident are allowed to keep him(and no, my toon ranked 1500+ wasn t this lucky, but i still don t mind)... mimimi... :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Allowing those who incorrectly received the data to keep him is wrong, as it gives them an unfair advantage going into the next event where they now have event crew they would not usually have had. This means everyone who finished in the top 1000 earning data are now seriously disadvantaged going into the next event.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    So done players are getting a free Data because DB screwed up and those of us who didn't get the screw up are stuck with nothing?
  • edited November 2018
    So basically, everybody got double compensation (Data + 18k honor) except players ranked above 1501 who already got correct honor or nothing at all?

Edit: I just saw that also players above 1501 who previously got Data can keep it whether they wanted him or they'd prefer honor..
    :

We are taking the following actions to correct this situation:

- Rank 1: will receive an in-game mail with 68,000 honor

- Ranks 2-1500:
    The following will be done automatically without the need for an in-game mail. Please restart your client to see the changes.

• players who received one copy of H.M.S Pinafore Data will have 18,000 honor added to their account.
    • players who received 18,000 honor will get one copy of H.M.S Pinafore Data added to their account.
    • players who have not received any reward will have 18,000 honor and 1 copy of H.M.S Pinafore Data added to their account.

- Ranks 1501+:
    • players who received one copy of H.M.S Pinafore Data will be allowed to keep this crew member.
    • no changes will be made for players who already received 18,000 honor.
    • players who have not received anything will have 18,000 honor added to their account.

[end quote]
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Allowing those who incorrectly received the data to keep him is wrong, as it gives them an unfair advantage going into the next event where they now have event crew they would not usually have had. This means everyone who finished in the top 1000 earning data are now seriously disadvantaged going into the next event.

While I don't disagree, the issue is if they put any kind of effort in leveling the new Data, now they also have to reimburse chrons and items that were potentially used. Ultimately people who got 2 - 1000 got an extra Data. 1001-x get a Data (edit: Forgot that those who didn't get anything yet didn't get a Data).. So you are right that there is an imbalance, but those who technically earned him (not getting into the issue of those who quit because they didn't think they could) have a bigger Data than those who didn't already.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    So basically, everybody got double compensation (Data + 18k honor) except players ranked above 1501 who already got correct honor or nothing at all?

No, I think that if you ranked 1501+ and received Data you get to keep it but don’t get the 18k honor.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone in the 1500+ bracket, I did expect to get a copy of data since quite a lot of other players in that situation got one. As it it, it feels insanely unfair and my goodwill towards the game is plummeting at light speed. If you can't make things fair there's no point playing this game at all.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Not exactly. If you finished 1501 or lower, and you got a Data, you keep it, no honor. If you got honor, you keep it. If you got neither, you get the honor. Nobody in that group should be double compensated, barring implementation errors.
  • Very "smart" of DB to drop Data into the roster and not via in game mail. All those players who would have bought the DYC on today's pack..... can't.

Hmmm.... I don't see how is a good way to make money.

Gotta love this company and how they do things. It is entertaining. Who's running Tilting Point you may ask?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinsegalla/

Hey, Kevin. Better check in and be a bit more hands-on ;)
    [QH] Hassinator
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!
  • Friendly FireFriendly Fire ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Allowing those who incorrectly received the data to keep him is wrong, as it gives them an unfair advantage going into the next event where they now have event crew they would not usually have had. This means everyone who finished in the top 1000 earning data are now seriously disadvantaged going into the next event.

While I don't disagree, the issue is if they put any kind of effort in leveling the new Data, now they also have to reimburse chrons and items that were potentially used. Ultimately people who got 2 - 1000 got an extra Data. 1001-x get a Data (edit: Forgot that those who didn't get anything yet didn't get a Data).. So you are right that there is an imbalance, but those who technically earned him (not getting into the issue of those who quit because they didn't think they could) have a bigger Data than those who didn't already.

I realise that, but I spent 7000 chrons to have an advantage of having the new data going into the next event, that is chrons that are now wasted as I no longer have any advantage over those who incorrectly got him, The least DB could do is reimburse us the chrons we also wasted.
  • Honestly DB, letting some keep their free Data, which was sent in error, is a bit unfair.

I'd have sent everyone who didn't get a Data, a Data, and i'd have sent another copy on top of that to the 4-1500 lot. Maybe honor for rank 2 and 3, they've already got a lotta Data.

Bet you'd have sold a lot more DYC for those with a 3* Data, and let's be honest, it's pixels on a screen. Do you not think it's better to be over generous and have lots of happy players? Or do you prefer the bang as everyone shuts their wallets in sync?

This.

Everyone should submit tickets
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, it absolutely does not at all matter that some of us put a lot of time and resources into getting Silva only to have her be useless.

Good to hear.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket wanting a Data instead of that 18,000 honor. I get that I was in the bracket that should have got the honor, but it's also insane to me that people got an accidental Data and get to keep it and I'm just left being told to deal with my honor.

Sorry but I value a 5* Data a LOT higher than 18K honor. Asking for a straight swap should be no problem I would think. If I new that trying harder in this event would give me so much better event rewards and so much better "we can't do anything right" compensation I'd certainly have gone harder at the event
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ren~ wrote: »
    As someone in the 1500+ bracket, I did expect to get a copy of data since quite a lot of other players in that situation got one. As it it, it feels insanely unfair and my goodwill towards the game is plummeting at light speed. If you can't make things fair there's no point playing this game at all.

I did not expect a copy of Data and I think it wouldn't have been a good move to send us one, but I did expect something in addition to the 18000 honor. I was not particularly affected by the event bug, but some others who ranked below 1500 were (they bought packs, got Silva, spent money...) and they will feel even worse now that an unknown number of people down to rank 100000 got the ranked 5* they had planned to play for, while they didn't get any additional compensation. It was already quite random to only have two types of compensation based on rank (I can only imagine how everyone ranked between 1500 and 1550 must feel now, for example...).
    Well, whatever.
  • Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Oh hey lets give everyone Free Everything on this botched Event, but on my Botched Gauntlet requesting the Caretaker.....gcadrs2vlczu.gif