Home The Bridge

Yet another botch-up!!

Comments

• I want in on this. Lol
    saafc8uwl4ym.gif
  • Not a face palm but still works:
    ors2nre6m1b5.gif
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • ZEB wrote: »
    Same here I sent a Ticket requesting Honor Citation as maybe that would be easier.sr68ep2n5a6t.jpg

Hope it gets rendered better than this debacle. env8ssi23wm2.jpg
  • Dammit JIM!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The compensation RNG gave me what I was supposed to get, in case anyone is keeping tally.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This is awesome! I didn’t craft one item and I’m just sitting back collecting all this free stuff. I’ll take more honor please. But NO Data for everyone. That upsets the balance of this coming event and that’s not right.

I do not think a 1/5 data in a galaxy event is a balance tipping addition.

I respectfully disagree

• My rank:
    l8sgpm0e60pe.jpg
    My reward:
    18,000 honor
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just when I thought this couldn’t get funnier, DB delivers!

So not only was the event botched...but also the compensation! 2 for 2 and batting 1.000.

Seriously, it’s like screwing up whilst trying to boil water.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respectfully disagree

Where for a rare change I disagree with you coolest forum dog. You know what you have in the tank when you attack a Galaxy. Those kinds of reserves apply to a tiny percentage of the userbase. If you don´t have a a wagonload of Chrons saved up, many many items in the backhand as well you could even have a 5/5 Data and it would not stand in the way of people who go hard on an event like this.

• Grrr.... Ranked 318. Got an honor email instead of Data. Not cool DB. Not cool.e79gfbdsw611.png

acqnceev8dcy.png

• Surely there are procedures for customer service that have checks, and double checks, like any other company? Hmmm...perhaps not. I am sure someone at the upper levels @ DB is kicking themselves for firing all those employees now.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    edited November 2018
    This is awesome! I didn’t craft one item and I’m just sitting back collecting all this free stuff. I’ll take more honor please. But NO Data for everyone. That upsets the balance of this coming event and that’s not right.

I respectfully disagree

Imho it won’t upset the balance for the upcoming event. The vast majority of player points come from the initial crafting of items, not the “special items” turned in at the end (or as one goes). I would make the argument it is more dependent upon the amount of chrons/stockpiled items one possesses coupled with a willingness to play more time, as opposed to the quality of the crew and whether or not someone has an extra copy of the 5*. This isn’t to say that crew doesn’t help, but even with poor crew you can craft at 1025 vp a pop until the cows come home. Personally, I have Data at 3/5 and plan to be thresholds and out... My extra copy will be home consuming adult beverages.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I respectfully disagree

Imho it won’t upset the balance for the upcoming event. The vast majority of player points come from the initial crafting of items, not the “special items” turned in at the end (or as one goes). I would make the argument it is more dependent upon the amount of chrons/stockpiled items one possesses coupled with a willingness to play more time, as opposed to the quality of the crew and whether or not someone has an extra copy of the 5*. This isn’t to say that crew doesn’t help, but even with poor crew you can craft at 1025 vp a pop until the cows come home. Personally, I have Data at 3/5 and plan to be thresholds and out... My extra copy will be home consuming adult beverages.

And excitingly proclaiming “this is revolting!!!”

edited November 2018

I respectfully disagree

And excitingly proclaiming “this is revolting!!!”

It shall be revolting and exhilarating!
  • Jim Steele wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one, I can see the funny side, just have to... vkca5mkof0z7.gif

I'll raise you a Sisko

pxcmki0a3kml.gif
    And I'll raise you a Janeway! :)

giphy.gif

Rats, you beat me to it. I’ll add this, then:

2ijqc33t66yw.jpeg

tumblr_lunocz3mMX1r24lq9o1_250.gif
  • So I got a bad RNG luck for my CS rep. I cited Data twice before the compassion to FF him and they are refusing to give me a citation back instead of the Data. SERIOUSLY!?!?

can someone tell me how to get a more logical outcome!?!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I got a bad RNG luck for my CS rep. I cited Data twice before the compassion to FF him and they are refusing to give me a citation back instead of the Data. SERIOUSLY!?!?

Have you told them to escalate your ticket yet?
  • So I got a bad RNG luck for my CS rep. I cited Data twice before the compassion to FF him and they are refusing to give me a citation back instead of the Data. SERIOUSLY!?!?

Have you told them to escalate your ticket yet?

Thanks, just did. I seriously hope this works. 1498 players get to add a star on their Data and all I get is 450 honors because I didn’t wait to see if they’ll compensate THEIR mess.
  • Even a broken clock is right twice a day... I got my expected 18k honor!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm very intrigued to see what DB's solution is for this mess, which they've promised to have implemented before the upcoming event begins. As it stands, this is making Picard-gate, Yar-gate, etc... pale in comparison, when it comes to overall ineptitude and a complete failure of customer service.

I just hope this isn't the death knell for ST Timelines.