Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: First Impressions - 10/12 - edited 10/10 04:49 PM ET

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Tachyonuk wrote: »
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Another galaxy? That's extremely disappointing for the player base.
    I'm fond of galaxies myself - community awards ftw ... and faction/galaxy hybrids are arguably the best of both worlds.Also DB have given us a faction that has some decent gear.

Everyone likes community rewards and the better character stats that they usually save for galaxy events, but the events themselves are generally not enjoyable for players. If they did those things for faction or expedition events, I suspect that they would be the most popular by a landslide.

It will never happen though. Being successful in galaxy events comes down to money, almost 100%. DB loves this and boosts their worst event with these things to appeal to the player base.
  • Oh well.. will have to work on my 5 or so Augments.. only around the 30's and 40's at the moment :D
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I have removed from this thread all the comments that were not about the topic at hand.
    Please follow the Community Guidelines for all discussions on this forum.

If you wish to discuss the show, in a respectful manner, you can do so in the appropriate category.
    As for political discussions they have no place here.

Thank you!
  • Political discussions have no place in this thread or on this forum? I ask because like I said in my deleted comment, I think it's dangerous to ignore reactionary sentiments in the name of keeping a non-existent peace.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Political discussions have no place in this thread or on this forum? I ask because like I said in my deleted comment, I think it's dangerous to ignore reactionary sentiments in the name of keeping a non-existent peace.

No place in this thread or on this forum.
    There are plenty of other venues where such discussions can take place.
    If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to message me :)

• Political discussions have no place in this thread or on this forum? I ask because like I said in my deleted comment, I think it's dangerous to ignore reactionary sentiments in the name of keeping a non-existent peace.

No freedom of speech is revoked because the people (Im not allowed to say their political view) who run Hollywood find offense everywhere especially where there is none. You must have to talk about how "great" discovery is because otherwise your comment gets deleted. I THINK IT'S REALLY GREAT THAT NOBODY IS BEING VICTIMIZED OR IS BEING OFFENSIVE ON STAR TREK DISCOVERY. IT IS REALLY GREAT AND I DIDN'T JUST CANCEL MY CBS ACCOUNT. ALSO I PLAN TO CONTINUE TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME BECAUSE THE GAME ISN'T OVER AT ALL AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF JUST DELETING IT FROM MY PHONE WITH MY VIP14 ACCOUNT.
  • No freedom of speech is revoked since Disruptor Beam ain't US government(last time I looked).

Or did you mean "No, freedom of speech is revoked"?
  • Dr. Said wrote: »
    Political discussions have no place in this thread or on this forum? I ask because like I said in my deleted comment, I think it's dangerous to ignore reactionary sentiments in the name of keeping a non-existent peace.

No freedom of speech is revoked because the people (Im not allowed to say their political view) who run Hollywood find offense everywhere especially where there is none. You must have to talk about how "great" discovery is because otherwise your comment gets deleted. I THINK IT'S REALLY GREAT THAT NOBODY IS BEING VICTIMIZED OR IS BEING OFFENSIVE ON STAR TREK DISCOVERY. IT IS REALLY GREAT AND I DIDN'T JUST CANCEL MY CBS ACCOUNT. ALSO I PLAN TO CONTINUE TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME BECAUSE THE GAME ISN'T OVER AT ALL AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF JUST DELETING IT FROM MY PHONE WITH MY VIP14 ACCOUNT.

First, I like your new avatar.

I observe this more and more nowadays, under the cloak of equalness or "justice" (or whatever those people pretend to be/do) people are more and more forced to share just the only one accepted view on things. If you have another opinion or view, other immediately try to silence or mute you. This is a terrible direction the (western) society is heading to. In the end we will have a communist system, where there is no individualism anymore. I don't know if this really is the society Roddenberry would have liked.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Said wrote: »
    You must have to talk about how "great" discovery is because otherwise your comment gets deleted

That's not what Shan said at all.

• Tarrant wrote: »
    No freedom of speech is revoked since Disruptor Beam ain't US government(last time I looked).

Or did you mean "No, freedom of speech is revoked"?

Freedom of speech is very important. If not the most important thing. I'm also not the government but I grant that right to everyone else. Don't you? And don't you think a good company should do also? Or do you prefer a company which tailors it down? So Dr.Saids post is more than valid, to fight for those rights, not only "against" the government, more important is to fight for those rights everywhere, because if we don't, maybe it doesn't take to long till they are gone.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    qxqx wrote: »
    Freedom of speech is very important. If not the most important thing. I'm also not the government but I grant that right to everyone else. Don't you? And don't you think a good company should do also?

This is very simple. We're in DB's house. They set the rules of conduct, and apparently one of those rules is no political discussion. You can follow their rules, or take your discussion somewhere else. That's it.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have removed from this thread all the comments that were not about the topic at hand.
    Please follow the Community Guidelines for all discussions on this forum.

If you wish to discuss the show, in a respectful manner, you can do so in the appropriate category.
    As for political discussions they have no place here.

Thank you!

very good....now how about adding the pertinent information?

Or is it a secret? People might know who the next characters are and they might upgrade them...that would be a no-no!...maybe you will be able to announce the characters thursday...after the event started

so...your rng is bad....your PS is bad...and now your planing is bad
  • qxqxqxqx ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Dralix wrote: »
    qxqx wrote: »
    Freedom of speech is very important. If not the most important thing. I'm also not the government but I grant that right to everyone else. Don't you? And don't you think a good company should do also?

This is very simple. We're in DB's house. They set the rules of conduct, and apparently one of those rules is no political discussion. You can follow their rules, or take your discussion somewhere else. That's it.

This is of course 100% true and I don't want to argue against that. My point is, a companies interests and their customers interests are (often) diametral in the end. of the day So if a company wants a thing, this is not necessarily the same thing a customer wants. To be honest, in most cases it is not. We as customers have interests in an open discussion culture, so we can express our views openly. A company could be more interesting in having less moderation costs.
    So, if people jump up, and line up with a company, it is often, they actually fight against their very own interests.

Btw, sorry, didn't want to be disrespectful against the moderation. But the thing is, this discussion is somehow bound to this thread. If I had put it into another thread or another forum, the chance was big that the involved people wouldn't see it and the not involved people didn't understand the context. So i was somehow in a dilemma. Sorry again for this.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this thread continues to derail, I will have no choice but to close it.
    It is my hope that it will not come to that.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭

Is this not political speech? Or is only some political speech censored?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

What on Earth are you talking about? You seem to be the only one offended about anything.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread updated and reopened.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx Shan for info. Seemed like T'kuvma was only giving 2x bonus last event. Will he be giving 3x bonus from now on?
    Let’s fly!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we are able to get Tilly and Burnham sometime this event month.
    Let’s fly!
  • IT IS THE DARK SHAN. THE ONE WHO WILL END THE WORLD. THE WORST OF THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Thanks for the update. I was hoping for a ENG/SCI/MED 5*. Lorca will probably have the same skills as the Klingon, so I think I will pass on him, even though I like his character.
  • I can't wait to see what Lorca's stats are. I'm even more interested in his traits. I smell Section 31.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I really want Lorca, but unfortunately this is a galaxy event so spending thousands of chrons to get him is simply out of the question. Stamets will be airlocked for being such a terrible character and I already have McGivers. I guess I can safely sit this one out!
  • So I'm guessing the Discovery news are CMD/SEC & SCI/CMD since we don't have enough of those lately and still no crew with MED. All the med shuttles and all the med galaxy recipes I've no clue who is supposed to be the prime characters used in these. Closest thing here is Julian and a few of his Augment pals get some bonus.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm bitterly disappointed why Marla? An unmemorable character from tos who's already been event crew. Meh I'd like lorca but a waste to try to get him, still at least I can get a community pull...
    DB: Do Better
  • It’s nice to see Stamets. He’s my favorite character on the show.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the med shuttles and all the med galaxy recipes I've no clue who is supposed to be the prime characters used in these. Closest thing here is Julian and a few of his Augment pals get some bonus.

I know I suffer from a Lack of Khan, but the only augments I have who aren't Bashir are Riker and Persis. Med is sufficiently covered by bonus crew here.
  • why Marla?

Same reason Augments get a Bonus:
    Voq is gonna be made into a TOS Klingon by those matriarchs infecting him with the Augment virus. Willing to bet all my money on this.
  • Finally, the Lorca I've been waiting for... Mwahaha...