Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: First Impressions - 10/12 - edited 10/10 04:49 PM ET

Comments

• Shan wrote: »
    And letting you know also that the announcement in game will be delayed.

Exactly what I came here wondering about. It's not related to the Facebook downage, is it?
    Confirming here that T'Kuvma will provide a bigger bonus, for both phases of this event.

Yippee! I might not be last in the event, have a :cookie:
    Shan wrote: »

That.... doesn't really matter much. Maybe people wanna buy their event packs earlier, but I can wait - delayed things > broken things
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Where are the event packs??
  • Probably waiting for the event announcement. Less time to lvl up your crew, but it's the same for us all, so save some chrons for now
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam

Why not delay the event until next week. Maybe then everything will be ready.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    magik wrote: »
    Stamets doesn't personally empower me, but I can respect that he may do so for other LGBT people. Personally, I find him to be the kind of person I don't like lol - arrogant, judgmental, snide. I hope his personality gets some kind of revamp as he grows.

Agreed, though I am a bit partial because yay science! but doesn't change that he's a very one note character? Like so far he's the usual jumble of mean nerd/pacifist scientist tropes. But. Science. :(

But Star Trek hasn't had a mean nerd pacifist science officer before. Of course everyone in Starfleet 'wants' peace, but all the science officers have been willing to use force easily. Spock, Data, Tuvok, Jadzia, T'pol. This guy seems to mean it when he says he doesn't want his sciencey stuff used for war. Data actually might be the closest to him - like when he refused to let the exocomps be destroyed.

Tuvok wasn't a science officer, he was Chief of Security, so naturally he used force easily.

Just 'cause he's a Vulcan doesn't make him a science officer, jeez. :P

Also, all the science officers (that I can recall, maybe T'Pol is an exception here) had moments like the one you described for Data (Spock and the Horta for instance).

Lt. Stamets is definitely unique in that he really doesn't care for the military aspect at all, not just one moment of "don't destroy this important thing".

Usually the "pacifist" role was playing more by the CMO, which we haven't seen much of yet in DSC.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

If ranked/threshold info or stats are available, we would greatly appreciate that in the forums at least. Thanks Shan!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the new show. I like the good graphics but I love the new characters. I like that we are seeing different people than the usual trek characters. Tilly, Stamets, Georgiou, Burnham, Lorca and the others are unique and fun characters. There is no call for the intolerance and hatred that is growing and being expressed these days. Some people wrongly believe that being tolerant is a new thing to which I refer them to the old golden rule, "do unto others as you would have done unto you." Don't emulate the people of hatred that you see and hear on tv and radio. They are using you to push their own agenda and make money. Good luck all in the event and have a good day.
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event is announced, pack is available - make sure to restart the game.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, somebody's got to say it. Security on Stamets? None on Lorca? Did anybody even watch any of the episodes?
  • @Shan ,

event announcement with complete stats are unavailable. please post 1/5 stats for lorca as well.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Lorca 1/5s:

Com 873 (232-542)
    Dip 566 (131-260)

Lorca 5/5s:

Com 1263 (232-542)
    Dip 1014 (131-260)
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Sam ReedSam Reed
    edited October 2017
    YOU BEAT ME BY TWO MINUTES. D:
  • Damn it... I failed. :( I tried... I tried so hard...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Lorca have the Section 31 trait?

/tinfoilhat
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    The announcement in Starfleet Communications incorrectly states that Reinforcements Stamets is a legendary. Thread here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/414/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-first-impressions-10-12-time-portal-additions#latest
    edited October 2017
    OK, somebody's got to say it. Security on Stamets? None on Lorca? Did anybody even watch any of the episodes?

Stamets is holding a phaser! Clearly that means he has SEC skills. :P

EDIT: a draft of my last post randomly inserted itself into this post

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    The announcement in Starfleet Communications incorrectly states that Reinforcements Stamets is a legendary. Thread here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/414/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-first-impressions-10-12-time-portal-additions#latest

Fixed
  • Yeah, as a gay member of this forum, gotta say I'm a little annoyed that my comment *against* reactionary ideas in these forums was deleted and now I come to see the re-opened thread has open homophobia.
  • Ivanstone wrote: »

/tinfoilhat

Just you wait, Lorca will turn out to be a good person! Flawed and reckless, but good.

It's Tilly who's the Section 31 agent!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    FE Stamets stats? Good stats are all that can save this awful character from my airlock.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    FE Stamets stats? Good stats are all that can save this awful character from my airlock.

Reinforcements Stamets (New) 4* Super Rare
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: SEC 614 (58-183), SCI 853 (87-228)
    Traits: Human, Starfleet, Federation, Exomycologist, Prodigy
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit disappointed that Stamets doesnt have engineering or medical as well. Regular lieutenant stamets would have been science and engineering or science and medical but when they made him reinforcements stamets I was afraid one of his skills would be security. We have so many security skill players and so few mixed medical science and medical engineering crew.
    Let’s fly!
    Sam Reed wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

/tinfoilhat

Just you wait, Lorca will turn out to be a good person! Flawed and reckless, but good.

Psshhh that's Snape, not Lucius. :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a hard time accepting short haired Jason Isaacs.

Jason-Isaacs-The-Patriot.jpg
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

Thank you. In the airlock he will go, not useful for much at all.
  • eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    UnkieB wrote: »

He has the prodigy trait (which is required for 4 nodes), his base SCI is like # 2 for 4*s, and he's SCI/SEC which is a fairly rare combination.

Seriously? What more do you want from a character? Like does he need to also go to the store for you to buy iTunes giftcards to replenish your dilithium?

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Dralix wrote: »

I have a hard time accepting short haired Jason Isaacs.

But with the short hair, his ears stick out adorably. ... ......
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose not, if you have some good SCI 5*'s starred up. He's one of the best 4* SCI's in the game.