Home The Bridge
Options

What do you expect DB should do to compensate current event (Joy to the World) login/lag issue?

The sky is the limit...

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'd say an immortal copy of the whole warship crew would do nicely
    In all seriousness, they'll probably give out shuttle tokens or something, which really doesn't even help the people affected
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

What do you mean by immortal? :)
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

Freezer ready I assume FF FE
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Free Warship EMA.

I say this as someone who is unaffected by these issues.

This would be nice but would be unfair on those who don't have the issue (unless it was for everybody)

What I expect we will get is a message (basically) saying "**tsk tsk** to be you!"
  • Options
    Hunter247 wrote: »

Freezer ready I assume FF FE

I was hoping for something like weariless/tireless in Gauntlet. :p
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Sisko or free EMA.

But we all know that they will give free tokens or sorrytons.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Warship EMA.

This would be nice but would be unfair on those who don't have the issue (unless it was for everybody)

What I expect we will get is a message (basically) saying "**tsk tsk** to be you!"

Seriously you can't say an 's' word that rhymes with ducks here?

I play a game that automatically censors the common abbreviations for 600,000 and 900,000........

{The abbreviations that use "k" for "kilo"}

I think whatever compensation {if any} is going to cause Discord. Those of us not affected would get an advantage, if it is EMA
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    End the event and everyone gets rank 1 reward. :-)
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Its missing out on the extra Etana star that smarts.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expedition tickets of course!
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Free EMA. Remember the Pinafore Data fiasco.
  • Options
    Probably nothing unfortunately. They're saying that their servers are running as they should, so if there's an issue for many people, it might be out of their hands
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    if i were honest i'd say nothing. otherwise 5 gold citations!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably nothing unfortunately. They're saying that their servers are running as they should, so if there's an issue for many people, it might be out of their hands

That excuse doesn't wash when you are talking about a hosted environment.

If we told our customers "it works fine for us" when they have an outage, they would not be our customers for long.

It works in DEV!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't consider the impact on the other aspects of game play. That considered, I reconsider my considerations and feel that even if large compensation is not absolutely due, DB should consider at the very least:

500 honor, a voyage revival token, and 200 chronitons to all affected players. That is easy and cheap and no sane and kind player could have an issue with it.

After that, we can question the event compensation. How about: everyone in affected areas gets boosted one reward level after the even finishes?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    I want to address a few things:
    - this does not affect only European players
    - it would be impossible for us to identify who was affected and to what extent

We will discuss it internally and keep you updated.

That will make making everybody happy very hard/ next to impossible. Well, best of luck then!
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I would assume it would be safe to say that players actively playing during this period are NOT affected
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very difficult to put this right with a blanket compensation. I think most of us would appreciate how it would be difficult to work out who was affected and to what extent.

So, with that in mind, I’d expect something like this:

50K honor points to all players (can’t be specific 5* crew, as that has its own problems) with an apology and commitment to look into resilience for connectivity issues within DB’s control.

And the offer to look into cases one by one if people have made extra purchases in preparation and were severely affected due to timezone issues (Eg most European players won’t be able to get to the higher VP missions until tomorrow now).
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Free Warship EMA.

Seriously you can't say an 's' word that rhymes with ducks here?

That's why I've moved to blows. But yeah, DB's censorship seriously blows. But at least it has the upside of censoring their own name in the ingame chat!

I would assume it would be safe to say that players actively playing during this period are NOT affected

Not completely. As others mentioned, it effects other aspects of the game, like I can't spend my cadet tickets with ad doublers. And while I've been able to work around with my VPN on Steam, that caused issues, including hosing up my kick start and making it impossible for me to have the same rank and reward without spending additional resources.