Home The Bridge
Options

What do you expect DB should do to compensate current event (Joy to the World) login/lag issue?

Comments

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I lost 3 crew members that were in the countdown to dismissal due to lack of crew space, I couldn't make room on time. I just would like to have a little extension, so I have to chance to free space and get them back.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Pinafore Data thing with the EMA, but don't screw it up and anger everyone :smiley:
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some shuttle tokens should help those affected. They can use em at night with the 9hr shuttles.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    I want to address a few things:
    - this does not affect only European players
    - it would be impossible for us to identify who was affected and to what extent

We will discuss it internally and keep you updated.

I would assume it would be safe to say that players actively playing during this period are NOT affected

And to intentify those players, still would be impossible for DB, or to say would include too much time and menpower to handle. And where do u draw the line between regular unaffected active and affected active, since some ppl report they can log in and send some shuttles from time to time? Impossible to figure and to compensate fair.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    1/4 K'mtar would be ideal compensation so that we can get him immortalized (without spending).

A 4/4 is way better than another 1/5 in my book anyway, the latter will just hog a crew slot forever until he is overtaken by a 4/5 from a mega event.

For me, doing faction events where getting a 4/4 is impossible, it just means I can't be bothered to put in any effort at all. I can't keep all the 3/4s that we get, so they just end up in the airlock anyway.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Etana Jol to all players, sent as a New Years present 31st Dec.

I'll Get Me Coat.
  • Options
    Sorry I'm a newb....since I can't login to the game anymore is there a way to submit a ticket/mail to support for my account outside of the game ? It was lagging pretty bad for about an hour and when I restarted the app it never loads and I get an error screen.....everything else works fine :(
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally on faction event weekends I get home from work, stay up about two hours later than normal to do my early shuttling/share my event crew with the squad, and then go to bed late. This time I chose to stay up just late enough to share my High Roller Sisko and then I went straight to bed. Reading this thread it seems I may have lucked into some pretty excellent timing.
  • Options
    Hunter247 wrote: »

I would assume it would be safe to say that players actively playing during this period are NOT affected

Not really , it's cleared up a little for me, so it is semi playable , but at its worse I could not log on for hours. Still a pain in the behind ,5-10 mins just opening the shuttle tab, then 3 -4 mins wait once i pick a mission and finally 2-4 mins wait after i click send.

Should we get compensation for this, and if so what? I can not answer that ,as i'm not sure, but in the end I will wait and see.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Tenel Ka wrote: »
    Sorry I'm a newb....since I can't login to the game anymore is there a way to submit a ticket/mail to support for my account outside of the game ? It was lagging pretty bad for about an hour and when I restarted the app it never loads and I get an error screen.....everything else works fine :(

Here's a link for submitting a ticket: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us click on "submit a request" on top right to get into ticket form..

But you will need your DBid so the CS can recognize you and help you. If you can't login into the game, then login here https://games.disruptorbeam.com/login with your email and password. Then, click on "account" on the top and you will see your DBid #

EDIT: before all this you can try uninstalling and installing the game again. If you manage to run it this way, it will probably create a new account for you but don't worry. Just play out the intro missions until you reach level 3 (or 4?), when you should be able to click on your avatar on top left and switch it back to your original account.
  • Options
    20 cronitons (and if not too much, 100 credits?)

LLaBugfree
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll Get Me Coat.

Remember PicardGate? THAT was the problem. People buy the DYC to Fully Fuze the Mega Crew. Then they hand out a free one.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MagpieMagpie ✭✭✭
    Yup. Lost time boosts, cadet mission doubles and will need to boost more to recover.
  • Options
    A solution that fits the actual situation.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    I have a solution. You give players a choice.

Free EMA.
    Free Sisko
    50 000 honors

This is what I'd like. This would make players happy. It would buy DB a lot of love and loyalty, and take the sting out of the problem.

But it's really hard to actually say we're entitled to anything, as it is actually probably not really their fault. Service providers have issues, and their customers can't help that.
    Sure, Amazon, Microsoft, or Google would have had this resolved much more quickly. And DB could have had services in two zones so when this did happen it wouldn't have this effect.
    But again, CenturyLink is actually a tier 1 provider and one of the largest providers, in the largest and most stable internet zone on the planet.

But back to the first point, this is a great chance for DB to provide clear communications and buy a lot of love.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll Get Me Coat.

Remember PicardGate? THAT was the problem. People buy the DYC to Fully Fuze the Mega Crew. Then they hand out a free one.

You know, they could do a database query, and send out 50,000 honor to to people that have her 5/5, and a copy to anybody that doesn't.
    But yeah, let's not PicardGate again.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Free EMA.
    Free Sisko
    50 000 honors

I'm not affected, but this would be a very nice solution, with 1 caveat. The choice would need to be in the form of an in-game "behold". There is no way I would want 25,000+ players submitting CS tickets to request their desired option.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A free legendary seems excessive if the problem has been resolved and many of the people affected were not going to get the EMA. Seems like you want to make them whole and to do that DB just needs to give out some shuttle boosts or shuttle tokens or both to people in Europe affected. Enough so that these people can get back to where they would have been without the server problems but not enough to give them an unfair advantage.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    A free legendary seems excessive if the problem has been resolved and many of the people affected were not going to get the EMA. Seems like you want to make them whole and to do that DB just needs to give out some shuttle boosts or shuttle tokens or both to people in Europe affected. Enough so that these people can get back to where they would have been without the server problems but not enough to give them an unfair advantage.

^
    I
    I
    I
    THIS
  • Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    nvm :)
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭

It would be impossible for them, to identify exactly which players was impacted, and how much. (For example I was able to launch some wery slow shuttles before I went to bed, but several fellows werent so lucky.)
    So the only possible solution it to give everyone a free gift (gift is not a compensation for affected players, its a gift for everyone). Question is if they will do so, since that annoying outage was not a DB's fault.

DB, if you decide to send us some kind of gift, please DO NOT repeat the same mistake from last year (with Mirror Picard) and DO NOT send us free Etana Jol. That would be leading to much bigger problem...
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    The whole event is obviously a screw up now.... Nobodies results are based on a fair start. Everyone is affected including those who have been able to play, because their current ranking is not based on a fair competition.
    People have spent real money to compete in this and we all lose when the game isn't fair.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love for DB to hand out a free EMA. However I expect nothing.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

I'll Get Me Coat.

I expect they did. Hence the comment about getting their coat.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

Free EMA.
    Free Sisko
    50 000 honors

This is what I'd like. This would make players happy. It would buy DB a lot of love and loyalty, and take the sting out of the problem.

But it's really hard to actually say we're entitled to anything, as it is actually probably not really their fault. Service providers have issues, and their customers can't help that.
    Sure, Amazon, Microsoft, or Google would have had this resolved much more quickly. And DB could have had services in two zones so when this did happen it wouldn't have this effect.
    But again, CenturyLink is actually a tier 1 provider and one of the largest providers, in the largest and most stable internet zone on the planet.

But back to the first point, this is a great chance for DB to provide clear communications and buy a lot of love.

You have to remember that any in game compensation costs DB literally nothing and depending on their SLA with their provider they might be actually entitled to compensation.

DB could actually come out of this ahead financially.

If a tier 1 ISP is unable to handle this sort of problem it is a pretty poor show. Any reliable network requires built in redundancy so a broken link does not bring down the entire network.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    easypeasy wrote: »
    The whole event is obviously a screw up now.... Nobodies results are based on a fair start. Everyone is affected including those who have been able to play, because their current ranking is not based on a fair competition.
    People have spent real money to compete in this and we all lose when the game isn't fair.

I bought too event packs for a faction event I could not start playimg until over 12 hours in and the response so far from DB has been almost Bethesda levels of bad!