Home The Bridge
Options

What do you expect DB should do to compensate current event (Joy to the World) login/lag issue?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Why was JesterGenie banned?

He/she was a bit crazy but I had to chuckle at some of the things they came out with.

No. JesterGenie was fun!!! Every Forum needs a ranter. Some of the funniest threads on the Pirate game Forum are the meltdowns.

#SaveJesterGenie

No way, this forum is much better off without his/her contributions...

Agreed. It went from productive/useful, to annoying, to disruptive. Knowing where the line is is a skill, hopefully this will help JG learn where that is in the future. If a person like JG goes unchecked on a community forum such as this it threatens the very life of the forum, because people will simply stop contributing because they know the second they hit submit and try to participate in a discussion this joker will interject nonsense and derail every conversation.

This Forum should have one of those buttons where you can hide comments by a specific person. For cases like this.

It does! Just click on the user you wish to hide, then click the little thing that looks like a a person with a down arrow next to it, click ignore, enjoy the silence.

tk2euyginyyj.png

Almost as hard to find as the white on white x for deleting drafts

I CAN DELETE DRAFTS!?!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

He/she was a bit crazy but I had to chuckle at some of the things they came out with.

No. JesterGenie was fun!!! Every Forum needs a ranter. Some of the funniest threads on the Pirate game Forum are the meltdowns.

#SaveJesterGenie

Agreed. It went from productive/useful, to annoying, to disruptive. Knowing where the line is is a skill, hopefully this will help JG learn where that is in the future. If a person like JG goes unchecked on a community forum such as this it threatens the very life of the forum, because people will simply stop contributing because they know the second they hit submit and try to participate in a discussion this joker will interject nonsense and derail every conversation.

This Forum should have one of those buttons where you can hide comments by a specific person. For cases like this.

It does! Just click on the user you wish to hide, then click the little thing that looks like a a person with a down arrow next to it, click ignore, enjoy the silence.

tk2euyginyyj.png

5314cdbvuwid.jpg

The x only shows when you highlight it.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

#SaveJesterGenie

tk2euyginyyj.png

5314cdbvuwid.jpg

I just went from nine to zero. Thanx!!!!!!

I end up with "floating" Drafts when tablet acts up........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

#SaveJesterGenie

tk2euyginyyj.png

5314cdbvuwid.jpg

Amazeballs. I thought I was stuck with those things! Thanks, folks.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

#SaveJesterGenie

Perhaps this works (not in my experience) on most forums, but that would not work here. This forum is a community, not merely a collection of posts, comments, etc. Just look at the last event for proof of this: the competition to remain in the top 1,000 rank was FIERCE, shattering the previous record for required score from any previous galaxy event, and it would have been VERY easy for people in the top 1,000 to simply remain quiet about their scores to make it harder to be caught, but like always, there was a thread (in this case TWO threads!) where many people, against their own self interest, posted their scores, strategies, etc to benefit EVERYONE.

A couple months ago a whole bunch of in-game and real life events snapped at one time and I had a pretty epic and public meltdown on these very forums, and I lost count of the number of people who reached out to me to show support, wish me well, and let me know that if I did leave that the forums wouldn't be the same (thank you again everyone :) ). That is a community, not a collection of random game players.

We self police to a MASSIVE degree. I'll use myself as an example again, but when I first got to these forums I had to learn how to behave, how to act, what the expectations are. I was not always successful, but when I crossed a line people were willing to teach me, not condemn me. I eventually found my groove.

Given the prolific nature of JG's antics I hazard I was only aware of a fraction of his trolling toward the end, but let's call it what it was, trolling. I personally on several occasions attempted to guide JG back from self destruction as did many other people, and rather than listen and accept the advice/feedback, these attempts only seemed to fuel JG's need to drive the car off the cliff faster.

A banning on a forum such as this takes significant effort on the part of the person banned. It requires repeated and escalating anti-social behaviors and also requires running through numerous stop signs. JG earned this banning, not for pulling a few forum pranks or being a bit nuts/fun, but for threatening the integrity of the forums by holding oneself above the "law" and by discouraging others from sharing or communicating. It was not the desire to have fun that got JG banned, it was his/her lack of respect for the forum.

IMO.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

#SaveJesterGenie

tk2euyginyyj.png

Where is this? Deleting drafts drives me crazy.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

#SaveJesterGenie

tk2euyginyyj.png

Where is this? Deleting drafts drives me crazy.

Look up a couple of posts.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

#SaveJesterGenie

tk2euyginyyj.png

5314cdbvuwid.jpg

I just went from nine to zero. Thanx!!!!!!

I end up with "floating" Drafts when tablet acts up........

You know what I find real funny? That the mobile forum browsing experience makes deleting drafts rather easy but makes blocking people nigh impossible. I wonder if different people were responsible for the layouts on each?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

#SaveJesterGenie

Perhaps this works (not in my experience) on most forums, but that would not work here. This forum is a community, not merely a collection of posts, comments, etc. Just look at the last event for proof of this: the competition to remain in the top 1,000 rank was FIERCE, shattering the previous record for required score from any previous galaxy event, and it would have been VERY easy for people in the top 1,000 to simply remain quiet about their scores to make it harder to be caught, but like always, there was a thread (in this case TWO threads!) where many people, against their own self interest, posted their scores, strategies, etc to benefit EVERYONE.

A couple months ago a whole bunch of in-game and real life events snapped at one time and I had a pretty epic and public meltdown on these very forums, and I lost count of the number of people who reached out to me to show support, wish me well, and let me know that if I did leave that the forums wouldn't be the same (thank you again everyone :) ). That is a community, not a collection of random game players.

We self police to a MASSIVE degree. I'll use myself as an example again, but when I first got to these forums I had to learn how to behave, how to act, what the expectations are. I was not always successful, but when I crossed a line people were willing to teach me, not condemn me. I eventually found my groove.

Given the prolific nature of JG's antics I hazard I was only aware of a fraction of his trolling toward the end, but let's call it what it was, trolling. I personally on several occasions attempted to guide JG back from self destruction as did many other people, and rather than listen and accept the advice/feedback, these attempts only seemed to fuel JG's need to drive the car off the cliff faster.

A banning on a forum such as this takes significant effort on the part of the person banned. It requires repeated and escalating anti-social behaviors and also requires running through numerous stop signs. JG earned this banning, not for pulling a few forum pranks or being a bit nuts/fun, but for threatening the integrity of the forums by holding oneself above the "law" and by discouraging others from sharing or communicating. It was not the desire to have fun that got JG banned, it was his/her lack of respect for the forum.

IMO.

My quirky sense of humor makes me comment on comments like JG was making. I'm 98% sure it was Bylo who reminded me to withhold the Troll Kibble......

I'm sorry you hard a bad experience, and happy people helped you get past it!!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?