Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

Comments

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy is now my favorite. Why? I'm not on the clock and I can get top 1000.

Expedition is second. Same reason.

Skirmish is painful and a very distant 3rd. Could make top 1000 but it would hurt bad.

faction is a very very very distant 4th. Would be lucky to make top 3000.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbie here :) Love the events but why are Galaxy events hated so? I like the community rewards and the supply runs are fun to me. It gives me a chance to level up other crew. Either way, look forward to it!

I remember when I was newer to the game that I liked galaxy events the best. I could save my chronitons and do reasonably well. Thanks to the community reward, it's how I earned my first fully fused super rare crew member (Angel One Riker, two years ago).

Welcome to the game!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well put on pros and cons, Dirk.

I used to like galaxy events the most. My crew is now deep enough that I don't, but I also don't hate them. I have plenty of supplies for it and like the community rewards. It does take more of my time to hit the 500K needed for top 1000. I'm not sure I'm going for top 1000 this time, yet.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heads -up: there will be a slight delay before the Event Announcement and Event Packs are live.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite event is hybrid faction/galaxy. You get the faction event shuttkes but also get the community rewards. Straight factions are bad if you cannot buy packs because you will be stuck with a lvl100 3/4 clogging up your crew slots for six months or more before you can get the final star.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Heads -up: there will be a slight delay before the Event Announcement and Event Packs are live.

Out of curiosity, would these be up by 1 pm EST or would it be later than that? I am antsy to try and put extra stars on my Warship EMA with the extra dilithium from last week’s special offers...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event announcement and packs are now live.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they're leaving McCoy at 400k VP.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

5k and out for me. I'll take the free supply kit and premium community pack and run. Have the 4*s immortalized and galaxies cost too many chrons and cause too many repetitive strain injuries for a crappy 5*.
  • Options
    As long as it makes them money, DB doesn't care.
  • Options
    Drone_one wrote: »

Which is, you know, the point of a business.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be less bad, if they have added him to the Community Rewards. Even at 1,500,000,000
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

@Shan Was REALLY hoping for a new 2* Helmsman Hawke!!!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Wow, way to listen to your customers DB and continue to have the repeat 5* out of reach of new players, you know, the ones that have more use for him.
    /s

This. Like to see the whole thing "tightened up". Nice they added stuff, but it is out of reach for a lot of people. Best way to encourage new people is to have them feel like they have a chance. Onder how many people start this and other games, then quit in three or less months because they get discouraged.
  • Options

Which is, you know, the point of a business.

Short term yes. But if excessive grinding leads to player burnout, then not so much. Particularly since for a game like this, they have a finite pool to star trek fans that they can tap.

Absolutely correct. Short-term earning is one thing. Long-term customer loyalty and spending SUSTAINS a business.
  • Options
    I’m with the majority here, it’s irritating that the legendary had remained at 400k. If I didn’t already have him 3/5 I wouldn’t bother. Or, if it was a mediocre legendary I didn’t have, I wouldn’t bother. I have enough of those at 1/5.
  • Options

@Shan Was REALLY hoping for a new 2* Helmsman Hawke!!!!!!!!!

Technically he's only a reward this week. He's an event character next week, so we might still get him.

This new format still throws me.

@Shan They have time to Make It So!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    On the bright side , Borg Faction should drop what we need for his 5* to Level........
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k and out for me. I'll take the free supply kit and premium community pack and run. Have the 4*s immortalized and galaxies cost too many chrons and cause too many repetitive strain injuries for a crappy 5*.

Same for me.

• Options

Isn't that new? Usually just the Supply Kit at 70k?
  • Options
    Why are we getting faction transmissions for a Galaxy event?
  • Options

Isn't that new? Usually just the Supply Kit at 70k?

There are two Supply Kits, one at 5k, the other one at 70k.

Not sure, if I play much this time. I have McCoy at 3/5, but getting to 400k will be so expensive...
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Newbie here :) Love the events but why are Galaxy events hated so? I like the community rewards and the supply runs are fun to me. It gives me a chance to level up other crew. Either way, look forward to it!

People hate them because you have to spend all your resources rather than earn them like in factions and skirmishes

Makes sense now, thanks for the clarity.