Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

Comments

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure I'll go as far as 100k for the uniform - I mean okay, three purple uniforms and two purple furs for the 5* version, that's a bunch of chrons, but more than would be wasted getting to 100k anyway? I'm feeling pretty tempted to just do a single mission to get in on the community rewards, then blow all my saved up chrons on Saturday levelling whoever's important for next week instead.
  • Options
    Not even worth it to go to last threshold for me, DA McCoy is already immortalized for me.
  • Options
    Not even worth it to go to last threshold for me, DA McCoy is already immortalized for me.
  • Options

As would we all, but then you eventually reach a point in the game where you don't have very many crew to level anymore, and your stockpile of items and credits/replicators let's you FE anyone in less than an hour, so... either you let your chronitons accumulate without end, or you periodically commit to blasting them into the galaxy abyss to achieve whatever personal goal(s) you may have. Just how it is.

Which is why I added the 'for me' bit - I appreciate it is different for others. I was just rather hoping the McCoy would be in the range I'd consider putting in the effort, as Cap'n Crane was.

I'm still a few months out from the point of having everyone FE, having got around 40 crew left to FE, some who have been languishing for the best part of a year as more important/easier to FE crew have joined the roster. I FE 4-10 a month, depending on mood, and add 4-8 new crew who I usually get FE in under an hour, so not that far off that point.

When I get to that point I'll likely start to hoard enough chrons to aim for my first top spot in an event, purely to get the achievement, as I'm not really inclined to keep tapping away for ages, but I still doubt I'll be willing to invest the time to hit 400k for a 5* unless they're 4/5 or have a monster base.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Decided to buy some packs to try to get my 4th star for McCoy. First pack gave Chakotay (boo) and a behold in which I took Miral (other options were Cardie Kira(who is frozen) and Toby Russell).

2nd pack...boom DA McCoy. Rest of the pack was junk but I’m happy. Now to grind to 400k for that 5th star...

Grats. I did the same thing and got my 4th McCoy from a pack but it took me 4 packs.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I guess their strategy is working because I see a lot of people did what I did: Buy some event packs to get McCoy instead of grinding to get to the threshold. I wonder how that will pan out in the long term though.

In any case, I got the final one I needed to immortalize him so I won't be playing much this weekend.
  • Options
    I'm surprised there is so little enthusiasm to play for Hawk. The art is great, and his base sec is about 100 below Falcon Obrien after starbase bonuses FF so not bad, but he is a voyage MONSTER. Higher total voyage score than Surak, higher voyage Sec score than High Roller Sisko, and a more valuable tertiary skill (sci). I know he's not bridge crew so has very rare event potential, but the list of very high SEC score voyage crew is not that long.

He's not a super desirable card, but he's pretty good imo.

I kind of glossed over it, but you're 100% right. Definitely more to think about.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised there is so little enthusiasm to play for Hawk. The art is great, and his base sec is about 100 below Falcon Obrien after starbase bonuses FF so not bad, but he is a voyage MONSTER. Higher total voyage score than Surak, higher voyage Sec score than High Roller Sisko, and a more valuable tertiary skill (sci). I know he's not bridge crew so has very rare event potential, but the list of very high SEC score voyage crew is not that long.

I wanted him from the moment he was announced (anything First Contact and I'm pretty much in) and then the stats were released and that was just icing on the cake
  • Options

I'd like to have him, but I only have about 12k chrons to work with, which I doubt is enough for a top 1k finish. Since I already have both 4* immortalized, I can't see just flushing away 12k chrons for no net gain. Had McCoy been in a more reasonable position I'd have gone for another star on him, but as it is... [shrug]
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop making my decision of whether or not to go for it in a Galaxy event so hard! :smile: I am already tempted to put a second star on the Dark Ages McCoy that dropped from an event pack yesterday and seeing how good Hawk is doesn’t help (even though I am reasonably loaded on high-SEC crew for voyages). The last time I even remotely applied myself in a straight Galaxy event was for New Providers in August and I have actually only had three top-10,000 performances in any straight Galaxy event in the last 18 months.

I suppose after lollygagging for so long I have enough resources to make a real go of it this time around...I suppose I will shoot for my usual 70,000 VP threshold for re-runs and see how my thumbs feel.
  • Options

I'd like to have him, but I only have about 12k chrons to work with, which I doubt is enough for a top 1k finish. Since I already have both 4* immortalized, I can't see just flushing away 12k chrons for no net gain. Had McCoy been in a more reasonable position I'd have gone for another star on him, but as it is... [shrug]

I would be truly shocked if a hoard of 12k chrons before the event even starts were not enough for top 1k. That should be top 200 at least. I had 4.5k before the last galaxy event start and ended up ranked 1070 and missed out of sphere builder. I did not buy any chrons, though I did grab about 1k from my mailbox trying to catch up unsuccessfully at the end. I suppose if you're really short on event crew you might need a lot more chrons but that seems excessive.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    for me it's usually between 6000 and 8000 for top 1000. this is coming from someone who doesn't spend any chronitons at all outside of events.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    for me it's usually between 6000 and 8000 for top 1000. this is coming from someone who doesn't spend any chronitons at all outside of events.

That’s my experience too. You’d have to have almost no pre-farmed / accumulated items to require more than 8000 chrons to hit a ~500,000VP target consistent with the recent 1000 cutoffs, given the last few month’s galaxy mission costs. Including the stockpiles I accrued just from normally equipping characters i’m closer to 6000 per event.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    The start of this event has the worst lag/delay I've had in the game in a long time. Yikes.
  • Options
    The start of this event has the worst lag/delay I've had in the game in a long time. Yikes.

Same here. It also does not appear to be doing the auto-kick to the main screen most galaxies do. I wonder if this is an old code issue.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Good, I suppose. I thought it was just me. I think I'll be sitting this one out even earlier than I initially anticipated.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a server error now. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

Yup.
  • Options
    ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭

Yes, I also get a server error (Bad Gateway) and cannot login.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely slow and errors on restarting
    vti9xsictzjq.jpg
    g199klf0j19w.jpg

Please don't tell me CenturyLink is down... again
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I had issues, logged out and am having issues logging in.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Can't load the app now.
  • Options
    guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thought it was iampicard having issues when it was slow/wouldn't accept a dilemma selection but got the same Gateway error message that HaBlack posted when I tried to access the game itself.
  • Options
    Very laggy for me as well. All actions hang on "Hailing Starfleet..." for many seconds.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    the game ran fine 15mins ago, but then the event happened lol.

sooo laggyy

edit wow look at the time.. 30 mins ago.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Second event failure in a row
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least with galaxy, a minor delay has a whole lot less impact.
  • Options
    DB aware:
    Shan wrote: »
    We are working on it!