Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

Comments

• Options
    Luckily I stocked up on a lot of components from the last skirmish so I’m hoping I don’t need to use that many chronitons to get Hawk. I’m hoping event crew will net me plenty of super rares too
  • Options

Imokles wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »
    Dark McCoy at 400 000 vp, but in galaxy rerun that's not such a big issue.
    I hope they put him somewhere more reasonable again.

Yes, they better not put him where they put Troi last time...

Why not? Its a galaxy, and even a free player can farm the needed chrons via voyages, in advance, easily.

That’s not entirely true.

Maybe not an all fresh 4 weeks old free player, but in general i think it is. And i run a LV33 5 week old, monthly card only, toon so i know pretty good whats possible and what not.

Not to mention the grind needed to reach the higher threshold. When I am not going for the ranked reward, I prefer to take it easy and not waste time grinding.

Lately it seems DB is hell bent on making that impossible. Both this and the earlier next week’s legendary business. I can see their point, but it’s a balancing act between player burnout and players spending more time on the game.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Easy pass
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both 4* crew immortalized, but will be happy to add a 3rd star to DA McCoy! Hopefully Hawk is worth going for, if I'm going to clear 400k thresholds to get McCoy anyway.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The components are meaningless. The difference is the chronitons. Going from 6 to 8 or 9 hours can double the amount of chronitons you receive.

Sure it can double, it can also give you only 45-60 chrons more if the rng gods are not on your side.

The better arguments for why you still want to max voyage length is better quality crew and more honor earned or that you still need 2* components for equipping crew, from a galaxy performance it’s close to a toss up.

• Options
    Voyages are 100% about the chronitons for me. I don't even look at the other rewards when checking my voyage. Still upset by DBs chroniton nerf.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages are 100% about the chronitons for me. I don't even look at the other rewards when checking my voyage. Still upset by DBs chroniton nerf.

Anything besides Chronies is just bonus to me.

75,000 be enough to get Hawke?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

75k of what?
  • Options

75k of what?

Chronies. Should I keep farming?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Does the 2* EMH program gained from the honor hall count as the Doctor (Voyagers' ) for this event?
  • Options

75k of what?

75,000 as in seventy five thousand chronitons. That is more than you would ever need.

If you mean 7,500 chrons, then you should try to get as close to 10,000 as you can before the event.
  • Options
    Does the 2* EMH program gained from the honor hall count as the Doctor (Voyagers' ) for this event?

Yes he would. Being a 2* though he wouldn't be of any use.
  • Options

75k of what?

75,000 as in seventy five thousand chronitons. That is more than you would ever need.

If you mean 7,500 chrons, then you should try to get as close to 10,000 as you can before the event.

But I really want Hawke!!!!!!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get past 10k chrons it isnt the amount of chrons you have but the amount of clicking you can do without your hands falling off. Top 25 people seem to spend about 10k chrons a day which is just cray cray.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yes he would. Being a 2* though he wouldn't be of any use.

Well, in a Galaxy, sometimes even a 2* Secondary Bonus Crew can drop the SuperRares pretty good. Crazy Eyes Jadzia did really good in one before.

That being said, I don't think that we should encourage DB to charge 15,000 Honour for a 2*.........
  • Options
    WOW. I don't think I've ever had more than 6000 Chronitons max, ever. Maybe there will be a time I won't have so many crew to work on, so I can just let them build up.
  • Options
    7,500 should be enough to get top 1,000. If you want top 100 or higher, you’ll need to spend 10-15k+.
  • Options
    Why not? Its a galaxy, and even a free player can farm the needed chrons via voyages, in advance, easily.

I'd rather spend my chrons on FEing crew than peeing them up the wall of a galaxy event.

If DA McCoy is at Troi level, it's highly unlikely I'll bother, since I have the 4* immortalised already, so mostly a waste of chrons. If he's a bit closer to where Bateson was, then that'd be worth the investment for me.
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    I will be going at least as far as McCoy, I got his 4th star in packs this week. And decided to dump my honor stash into EMA so I have both purples thawed and ready, and the two golds FFFE & 4FFE. So expecting lots of crits.
  • Options
    furyd wrote: »
    I'd rather spend my chrons on FEing crew than peeing them up the wall of a galaxy event.

As would we all, but then you eventually reach a point in the game where you don't have very many crew to level anymore, and your stockpile of items and credits/replicators let's you FE anyone in less than an hour, so... either you let your chronitons accumulate without end, or you periodically commit to blasting them into the galaxy abyss to achieve whatever personal goal(s) you may have. Just how it is.

That's exactly where I am. I have run out of crew to train so my stockpiles are just growing. I was lucky enough to pull Governor Worf today and I had him FE within 10 minutes.

I still have 17k chrons for the upcoming galaxy. Everyone will get to that point if they keep playing.
  • Options
    I don't remember with reruns, will Bones be in the event packs or just in thresholds?
  • Options
    I don't remember with reruns, will Bones be in the event packs or just in thresholds?
    He will be in event packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    He will be in event packs.

Thanks. I might try for him in a pack. I would only need one to immortalize.
  • Options
    Good luck to you. May you have better luck with the packs than I have been having. Make sure the pack says McCoy on it before you buy it just to be sure.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Newbie here :) Love the events but why are Galaxy events hated so? I like the community rewards and the supply runs are fun to me. It gives me a chance to level up other crew. Either way, look forward to it!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbie here :) Love the events but why are Galaxy events hated so? I like the community rewards and the supply runs are fun to me. It gives me a chance to level up other crew. Either way, look forward to it!

People hate them because you have to spend all your resources rather than earn them like in factions and skirmishes