Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

Comments

• Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone gotten EMA from the event packs?
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Wow, way to listen to your customers DB and continue to have the repeat 5* out of reach of new players, you know, the ones that have more use for him.
    /s

Yup, thought they would have heard the rage last time and thought better of the stupidity, but there it is out of reach again

Leave it to DB to take a good idea like putting the previous legendary in the thresholds and make everybody hate it.

Honestly surprised they didn't make it even harder to get.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Looks like they're leaving McCoy at 400k VP.

5k and out for me. I'll take the free supply kit and premium community pack and run. Have the 4*s immortalized and galaxies cost too many chrons and cause too many repetitive strain injuries for a crappy 5*.

Isn't that new? Usually just the Supply Kit at 70k?

There are two Supply Kits, one at 5k, the other one at 70k.

Not sure, if I play much this time. I have McCoy at 3/5, but getting to 400k will be so expensive...

I guess I never noticed the 5k one before. I miss stuff a lot!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

Yes, I got a second star for him from the event packs. It is of course the one pack I didn’t get a screenshot of from my purchasing spree, in my excitement over getting him, my first DA McCoy, and a surprise BeGold that led to my first Sarah Sisko.
  • Options
    Newbie here :) Love the events but why are Galaxy events hated so? I like the community rewards and the supply runs are fun to me. It gives me a chance to level up other crew. Either way, look forward to it!

People hate them because you have to spend all your resources rather than earn them like in factions and skirmishes

Makes sense now, thanks for the clarity.

Conversely, those of us who get boned by Fraction Events love that we can clear the Threshold if we save Chronies or pre-farm. At least the original Threshold of 130k.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

Yes, I got a second star for him from the event packs. It is of course the one pack I didn’t get a screenshot of from my purchasing spree, in my excitement over getting him, my first DA McCoy, and a surprise BeGold that led to my first Sarah Sisko.

Huh. She and Dancing Uhura were in my Begold, with the second Star for my Mirror Kirk. I was blanking on who Sarah was, so thanx!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Grats. I wanted EMA but he wouldn't drop for me. I did get two "Dark Age" McCoys though.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is dropping, but its a harder pull than usual since 2 golds in the packs. Makes his odds about 1/20 instead of 1/10 like a normal event gold.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    KayJay47 wrote: »
    Why are we getting faction transmissions for a Galaxy event?

My bad!
    A new in-game mail with Chronitons has been sent out.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Why are we getting faction transmissions for a Galaxy event?

My bad!
    A new in-game mail with Chronitons has been sent out.

Thanks!😊
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, most people don't even clear the 350 000 threshold in Galaxies, they clear an old threshold and that is it.

• Options
    So I did 5 pulls with my dilithium. And bought the $10 and $25 packs. So that’s 12 pulls total. I got two extra stars on my DA McCoy. One extra star for EMA. An extra star for Rura Penthe Kirk, an extra star for Honey Bare, and two new golds I have no room for, Protomorphosis Worf and Geordi La Borg.

And of course a whole bunch of Danara Pel...

I just wanted more of the EMA...
  • Options
    Wow, way to listen to your customers DB and continue to have the repeat 5* out of reach of new players, you know, the ones that have more use for him.
    /s

This. Like to see the whole thing "tightened up". Nice they added stuff, but it is out of reach for a lot of people. Best way to encourage new people is to have them feel like they have a chance. Onder how many people start this and other games, then quit in three or less months because they get discouraged.

The timing is probably more like 3 or less days on the make or break.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    So I did 5 pulls with my dilithium. And bought the $10 and $25 packs. So that’s 12 pulls total. I got two extra stars on my DA McCoy. One extra star for EMA. An extra star for Rura Penthe Kirk, an extra star for Honey Bare, and two new golds I have no room for, Protomorphosis Worf and Geordi La Borg.

I also wanted the EMA. Did 6 pulls, got 4 Danaras (already immortalized), 2 Chakotays (now immortalized) and 1 Lon Suder (4th star). No golds, no other extra goodies. If I'd had your luck, I'd be ecstatic!
  • Options

I also wanted the EMA. Did 6 pulls, got 4 Danaras (already immortalized), 2 Chakotays (now immortalized) and 1 Lon Suder (4th star). No golds, no other extra goodies. If I'd had your luck, I'd be ecstatic!

Yeah I can't say the $35 was a waste, I just wanted more of the EMA since he's one of the best base MED in the game now. I think he's higher than Darth Bashir.
  • Options

Yeah I can't say the $35 was a waste, I just wanted more of the EMA since he's one of the best base MED in the game now. I think he's higher than Darth Bashir.

Without looking at the wiki, I think the EMA’s base MED is 1277 and Darth Bashir’s is 1195 before starbase bonuses. The EMA is right up there with Culber and Surgeon Pulaski.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a positive note, Hawk looks amazing.
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »

He does. His stats are alright, but the art is spectacular
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Looks like they're leaving McCoy at 400k VP.

I'm OK with this. My new Years resolution was to stop spending on STT and I just look at this as DB giving me an extra push. =)

To be clear: I can hit the threshold in question no problem. BUT.... I don't know if I care enough at this point. As it stands, Skirmish is a better use of resources, and arguably easier to determine final rank based on how much time one wishes to invest.
  • Options
    Pel & Chakotay already immortalized, FE 3/5 McCoy.

I was going to go for another star on McCoy, but... yech. No thanks. Not sure how much I'll play, if any. A Galaxy event feels too much like flushing resources down the toilet with nothing to show for it.
  • Options
    Ward SerpentineWard Serpentine ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    V. wrote: »
    Galaxy is now my favorite. Why? I'm not on the clock and I can get top 1000.

Expedition is second. Same reason.

Skirmish is painful and a very distant 3rd. Could make top 1000 but it would hurt bad.

faction is a very very very distant 4th. Would be lucky to make top 3000.

Skirmish is probably my favorite. Need to spend lots of chrons, but earning 5K VPs every 5-10 minutes makes it worthwhile. I do agree on the faction events, though. They are a major PITA.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

Not sure about the science stat. I guess diplomacy would have been right out :smiley: and engineering and medical wouldn't have made much sense either.
  • Options

Not sure about the science stat. I guess diplomacy would have been right out :smiley: and engineering and medical wouldn't have made much sense either.

Engineering actually makes more sense than the Science. He was on the EVA to do Engineer stuff when he got bit..........
  • Options

Engineering actually makes more sense than the Science. He was on the EVA to do Engineer stuff when he got bit..........
  • Options
    Ward SerpentineWard Serpentine ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Guess I gotta watch it again. I thought the whole point was for him to provide overwatch and pull the damned lever... I guess when half of your crew has been assimilated, you don't have much to work with.

EDIT: Definitely not engineering or science. When he suggests shooting the deflector array (which would have destroyed or seriously damaged the ship), Picard has to correct him.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the science stat is more for the Borg part and less for the Hawk part.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that he was analyzing atmosphere or something in one scene of the movie.
  • Options

I guess the science stat is more for the Borg part and less for the Hawk part.

Deep down I think all Borg crew should have SCI, ENG, or both. I’m certain that is the case with all current Borg in the game, of course, but I bet we’re going to see more real soon and hope the trend continues.
  • Options
    Decided to buy some packs to try to get my 4th star for McCoy. First pack gave Chakotay (boo) and a behold in which I took Miral (other options were Cardie Kira(who is frozen) and Toby Russell).

2nd pack...boom DA McCoy. Rest of the pack was junk but I’m happy. Now to grind to 400k for that 5th star...
  • Options
    ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭
    /s

Yup, thought they would have heard the rage last time and thought better of the stupidity, but there it is out of reach again

Leave it to DB to take a good idea like putting the previous legendary in the thresholds and make everybody hate it.

Honestly surprised they didn't make it even harder to get.

Yes, this was a really bad move. Even if I had the chrons to go there there's no way I'm going to grind this. I'll go to 100k as I am still missing Chakotays's uniform to freeze him, and then I'm out.
    In my point of view, the older legendary in reruns should replace the SR in its 3rd spot (130k in this case).