Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    500 Chronies in in game mail, for the issue.

Which I used to finish Hawk :)
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    hmm, can we no longer use the rares (vaccines in this case) in the replicator?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    V. wrote: »

Usually only while the Event is on. After that, they do not show up on the list of supplies.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

Usually only while the Event is on. After that, they do not show up on the list of supplies.

that's weird because I looked for them yesterday and today now that the event is over and they weren't there for the replicator. they are in the inventory however.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Well, I had both purples immortalized, McCoy 3/5* FE, and Warship Doc 1/5* FE.

Yes, I was running voyages and also burning those chrons. I average 8 hour voyages.

Knowing that people turn in their super rares at the end to try and snipe a win, I held mine as well. At 10 minutes before the end of the event, I was at Rank 994, which I was positive would drop sharply any moment.

Over the next couple of minutes I turned in my super rares and at 4 minutes before the end of the event, I had rank 212. I didn't check what my final rank was, but it was under 250 because I got the Event Rank 250 achievement.

I started with 10k chrons (and was ballparking I'd get about another 2k from voyages, etc during the event, for my stated 12k) and ended the event with 583 chrons.

I said earlier that I only had 12k chrons to work with, was planning not to aim for Hawk since I didn't think it would be enough for a top 1k finish. Others opinioned that should be plenty.

Got McCoy, decided if I invested that much, might as well go for Hawk. Burned 11.6k to get safely into top 1k. So I was very nearly right.

I apologize for nearly steering you wrong, but it honestly baffles me how you did not destroy me in rank. I had 6k chrons starting the event, and intentionally limited my chron spending to rank about 800 because I just wanted Hawk. I still had 1.5k chrons left at the end! I was running 8 hour voyages all weekend, maybe that's something you are unable to do yet? I still have lots of crew to level so I don't prefarm galaxy components at all, though have large piles of some of the components that are seldom used in character levelling.

When you say "burned 11.6k", does that include voyage and cadet chrons you gained during the event?
    Presumably you were still gaining them from starbase dailies and voyages every day and Friday/Monday cadet missions with double bonuses. Congrats on getting Hawk, I will need to be more careful giving advice on chron capacity for events.

edit: I just realized I had not considered your event crew. perhaps you did not have both purples and warship doc? Though I did not have Mccoy, I had the other 3 event crew (waited for a third star from community rewards on warship chakotay before I started).