Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Temporal Trespassers - 01/24

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just airlocked so many Jadiza's after the pilot events. Time to start pulling them out I guess. I was hoping for more Borg events. Do you think it's safe to airlock them now?

I just FE/FF'd my first gold crew this week and it happened to be Temporal Prisoner Chakotay so that's pretty cool though.

New Kirks are fun. Someday I'll have an Army of Kirks.

Yes haa if the Kirk is the one from voyage home. I'm poor on temporal agents so I might give this a miss. Depends if I can get my own army of daxes to decent levels
    It is a galaxy event so u don't need more than like 4 top crew for recipe bonuses.

Maybe it'll be like that Galaxy where Crazy Eyes was dropping SuperRares better than the 4* Event Crew.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    If Incognito Kirk is one of his visits to 20th Century Earth ("Voyage Home" or "City on the Edge of Forever", whatever), I would love to see a 20th Century Earth collection - note just from those two visits, but "Future's End", "Assignment: Earth" (TERI GARR PLEASE), etc. Heck, they could even expand to include the Bell Riots characters.

+1
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    If Incognito Kirk is one of his visits to 20th Century Earth ("Voyage Home" or "City on the Edge of Forever", whatever), I would love to see a 20th Century Earth collection - note just from those two visits, but "Future's End", "Assignment: Earth" (TERI GARR PLEASE), etc. Heck, they could even expand to include the Bell Riots characters.

Actually the Bell Riots take place on September 2024, so it's the 21th Century. But I love the idea of a 20th Century Earth collection. Others visits are Little Green Men (Nurse Fay Garland) or Carbon Creek (T'Mir?).

And yeah, Hippie Kira would be great!

wakz7youavp9.jpg
  • Options
    So the event after next week is Discovery related. Well I guess I'm taking a break next week then. Don't need to worry about trying to get a new Disco card

You should reconsider. She will probably be event crew for the first week of Discovery Mega Event!!!!!!!!! Get on board, Disco is great!
    03uuqdmvmvk5.gif

Nope.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    But I think that outfit is the very antithesis of "incognito."
    I may be remembering this wrong, but I think I heard somewhere that sometime early in production of the film they sent a bunch of extras out to wander around San Francisco in the costumes, just to see if it'd be slightly believable that people wearing those wouldn't draw crowds, and nobody even gave them a second glance.

Well, "San Francisco". People probably would have paid no notice to Starfleet uniforms. Hollywood is in that state, after all.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the event after next week is Discovery related. Well I guess I'm taking a break next week then. Don't need to worry about trying to get a new Disco card

You should reconsider. She will probably be event crew for the first week of Discovery Mega Event!!!!!!!!! Get on board, Disco is great!
    03uuqdmvmvk5.gif

I’m sure she will. Discovery is a terrible show so I couldn’t care less about a Discovery themed Mega event.

Well you are missing out. It is fun and new with lots of action, humor and amazing special effects. You may change your mind about Discovery down the road and then regret not getting the Discovery crew.

Nah

First episode of season 2 was amazing! You are really missig out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Better person in charge of production, better overall production staff for Season 2. Looking forward to better things this season! First episode on track for better Trek!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Better person in charge of production, better overall production staff for Season 2. Looking forward to better things this season! First episode on track for better Trek!

Isn’t it still Alex Kurtzman in charge?
  • Options
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

I get that. That makes sense. Like the event with Scotty that people were so excited about. I liked Scotty but didn't love it like others did so I intentionally stayed out of top 1000 to let someone else have him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

But, then, you are not really "boycotting" Disco. You have a Disco Crew.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yeah I was impressed by how they could pack in action and humor in equal parts and make it blend together so well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DS9's first season isn't so bad, it's just slow. And that episode with Bajoran farmer on the moon was really good, so underrated.
  • Options

If people were Star Trek fans based on season 1 of any series alone, there wouldn't be any Star Trek fans (well, maybe just some older TOS fans). Disco's 1st season wasn't great, but in the grand scheme of things was it really that much worse than TNG's? DS9's? Voyager's? Enterprise's?

IMO, it didn't have anything as remotely horrible and offensive as TNG's Code of Honor, nothing as bad a DS9's Move Along Home, but also sadly nothing as amazing as Combs' Shran in Enterprise. I'll be honest, I don't remember Voyager's season 1 much, but I was never a big fan of Voyager and it's very uneven writing. I'm giving DiscoTrek time to breathe, but so far I've enjoyed it.

I noticed a little thing with the season 2 premiere: watching Saru walk, he gently sways his hands with each stride. Just a weird little thing to notice. I'll have to keep an eye out for that if I rewatch season 1.

All that said, I don't know how hard I'll play for a Chancellor L'Rell next weekend. I played the last full galaxy weekend fairly hard and it was a heck of a grind.
    I think Saru is much more comfortable with himself, his place, and current situation with the Federation and as such can do a more relaxed walk. Plus Doug Jones continues to add depth to his character of Saru.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

If people were Star Trek fans based on season 1 of any series alone, there wouldn't be any Star Trek fans (well, maybe just some older TOS fans). Disco's 1st season wasn't great, but in the grand scheme of things was it really that much worse than TNG's? DS9's? Voyager's? Enterprise's?

IMO, it didn't have anything as remotely horrible and offensive as TNG's Code of Honor, nothing as bad a DS9's Move Along Home, but also sadly nothing as amazing as Combs' Shran in Enterprise. I'll be honest, I don't remember Voyager's season 1 much, but I was never a big fan of Voyager and it's very uneven writing. I'm giving DiscoTrek time to breathe, but so far I've enjoyed it.

I noticed a little thing with the season 2 premiere: watching Saru walk, he gently sways his hands with each stride. Just a weird little thing to notice. I'll have to keep an eye out for that if I rewatch season 1.

All that said, I don't know how hard I'll play for a Chancellor L'Rell next weekend. I played the last full galaxy weekend fairly hard and it was a heck of a grind.

Okay. As soon as I finish Season Two of "Lucifer", I'll have to rewatch Season One of Disco. I thought Saru and Tilly both did the locked armed thing. I just thought he was on the Spectrum, too.

Any show {including TOS} has episodes someone is not fond of. Or that have problems.

• Options
    DS9 S1 includes "Duet" and for that alone, it is the best first season of all the spin-offs. That aside, it's pretty wild to look back on TOS and see how many fantastic, strong episodes it had at the outset:

"The Corbomite Maneuver"
    "The Menagerie"
    "Balance of Terror"
    "The Squire of Gothos"
    "Arena"
    "Space Seed"
    "The Devil in the Dark"
    "The City on the Edge of Forever"

Less iconic, but still solid: "The Conscience of the King", "The Galileo Seven", "Court-Martial", "The Return of the Archons" (The Purge before there was The Purge), "A Taste of Armageddon", "Errand of Mercy". "Shore Leave" is fun. "Mudd's Women" is clumsy, but fun in its way. A really good show has done well if it has that many stories that strong in their entire run. TOS had them all in its first season. That's just ridiculous.

Duet was a great episode. Very well crafted.