Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about event: Might Makes Right - 01/31 (Mega-Event Part 1)

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    This conversation is now wildly off topic lol
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I echo what others have said about the single skill shuttle seats and lack of useful Disco crew. I thawed out First Officer Saru and Tactical Burnham for CMD and niether made it on one of my four shuttles I sent. Two of my four overnight shuttles failed going out in the 60% range.

Based on what I’ve read it looks like I’ll be switching to S31 missions. They seem to have more variety, these COM SEC shuttles are killing me.

Edit: typo
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I echo what others have said about the single skill shuttle seats and lack of useful Disco crew. I thawed out First Officer Saru and Tactical Burnham for CMD and niether made it on one of my four shuttles I sent. Two of my four overnight shuttles failed going out in the 60% range.

Based on what I’ve read it looks like I’ll be switching to S31 missions. They seem to have more variety, these COM SEC shuttles are killing me.

As tough as it is to fill slots on the Klingon missions with primary-COM crew, there are so few MED or ENG bonus crew on my ship that the extra variety might hurt more than help. Graduation Burnham is my top bonus engineer and Prisoner Cornwell is my only bonus doctor. :/
  • Options
    gobolts07 wrote: »

As tough as it is to fill slots on the Klingon missions with primary-COM crew, there are so few MED or ENG bonus crew on my ship that the extra variety might hurt more than help. Graduation Burnham is my top bonus engineer and Prisoner Cornwell is my only bonus doctor. :/

So much for switching factions. Every S31 mission I opened was some mix of CMD DIP SEC. One had a SCI thrown in.

My strategy for this event has definitely become just send them out and see what happens. I get what I get, I’m not going to waste resources. I’ll be at 150k when this round comes back, I’m going to keep sending them for the sake of stocking up on items but not going to push for anything special.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've, also, been simply sending out whatever missions I get. I have plenty of crew and my rank is maintaining at a good place. I am saving a bunch of merits.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few diplomacy missions for L'Rell, Cornwell and Mirror Garak. But very few. Sometimes one of my Mirror Garaks does not even make a shuttle and he is event crew! Not sure why so much command when two of the event crew are Diplomacy heavy. I am lucky to have Killy and T'kuvma but I know many do not. Just do your best and keep going.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Command seats: T'Kuvma, Killy, FO Burnham and Emperor Georgiou.

Diplomacy seats: Chancellor L'Rell and Katrina Cornwell.

Security seats: S31 Georgiou, Kol, Obsidian Order Garak, Suus Mahna Sarek and Mirror Garak.

Engineering seat: Time Loop Mudd.

I'm running Klingon Empire exclusively so I don't have any science or medical seats. I can run four shuttles over 90% with these crew but I noticed even with high successes, I'm still falling gradually. It seems that time boosts/extra shuttles are becoming a requirement for top 1000/1500.
  • Options
    Cornwell and Airiam haven’t been used once on any shuttles this event for me. It’s a shame
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell and Airiam haven’t been used once on any shuttles this event for me. It’s a shame

I've been using Cornwell for something. Diplomacy?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell fills a place on KCA missions. I was running Section 31 missions, but since that is going to win, I switched to KCA.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell has been filling diplomacy for me also.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 98% it was Diplo. The Med Seat I have been seeing is usually Med/Sci, so Doctor Hugh usually goes.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Been running S31, I may give KCA a try next. Staying above 80%, my best is a COM/SEC with T'Kuvma and Georgiou. Hoping to get to 350k, but it's going to be close.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearing the thresholds is presently in the 200 rank neighborhood
    ltql90zg5118.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    I am running sec 31. 6 shuttles at a time, and any that start over 90 get a double up. Every one going over 90 with boosts
    Failed about 6 so far. Earlier today 4 out of six failed all over or about 90. I cannot complain.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been using Airiam in Command slots.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell fills a place on KCA missions. I was running Section 31 missions, but since that is going to win, I switched to KCA.

Same approach for me. I am lucky to have good secondary crew to help fill all the CMD slots, regardless of faction.

CMD - T’Kuvma, Emperor Georgiou, Captain Killy, Mirror Garak x2 (thanks to him getting 3x boost)

SEC - S31 Georgiou, Kol, Away Team Saru, Lt Tyler (big drop to him after top-3)

DIP - Cornwell, Garak, Armed Georgiou, Voq

The lack of ENG and SCI seats across all 24 missions is crazy, especially for a Discovery event. It is the anti-Burnham Disco event!
  • Options
    Been running S31 with Cromwell, Stamets and Burnham on the Med/Sci mission. I haven't been pushing hard and should just clear the thresholds with maybe 1 extra set of shuttles. Currently just outside the top 2000 and just under @Travis S McClain . Hi Travis!
  • Options
    Very much appreciate the purple crew being expanded down to the 5000 rank/level.