Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about event: Might Makes Right - 01/31 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kol House of Kor is it related whit Kor dahar master same family ?

Yes it’s supposed to be the same house. Can’t you see the resemblance...?

bsh95l3oo8tz.jpeg

4alv528ch2h1.jpg
    It is Goldilocks. Kor from tos isn't ridgy enough. Kol from House Kor is too ridgy. But Kor from DS9 is just right.

Heh.

Something-something-something augment retrovirus from something-something Enterprise Season 4 whose primary contribution to posterity was giving us a decent Timelines SR gauntlet crew. I have twisted my brain in circles trying to retcon orc-a-gons into canon by it being some mutation of the Enterprise-era virus that turned them grey and bald. But this falls apart when orc-a-gons have to evolve into Kor Rev A in less than a decade. OK, so bald was a cultural fetish, can write that one off, but silver-grey is just pointless. So, I hate orc-a-gons even more, really my only sticking point with Disco!
    I think the point was that the Discovery Klingons would not be friendly and as such the show made the Klingons less human looking and more animal, more predatory. T'kuvma and Kol look shark-like. I think the change from TOS Klingons to TNG/DS9 Klingons is about the same amount of change as TNG/DS9 Klingons to Discovery Klingons. The main problem I think was that in making the Discovery Klingons look not at all human-like they made it difficult for the actors to show emotion or speak clearly. If the Klingons could have shown more facial expressions and spoken clearly I think people would not have been as bothered by the way the Discovery Klingons looked. Whatever you think about the Discovery Klingons' makeup you have to admit that the Klingon outfits looked amazing!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

bsh95l3oo8tz.jpeg

4alv528ch2h1.jpg
    It is Goldilocks. Kor from tos isn't ridgy enough. Kol from House Kor is too ridgy. But Kor from DS9 is just right.

Heh.

Something-something-something augment retrovirus from something-something Enterprise Season 4 whose primary contribution to posterity was giving us a decent Timelines SR gauntlet crew. I have twisted my brain in circles trying to retcon orc-a-gons into canon by it being some mutation of the Enterprise-era virus that turned them grey and bald. But this falls apart when orc-a-gons have to evolve into Kor Rev A in less than a decade. OK, so bald was a cultural fetish, can write that one off, but silver-grey is just pointless. So, I hate orc-a-gons even more, really my only sticking point with Disco!
    I think the point was that the Discovery Klingons would not be friendly and as such the show made the Klingons less human looking and more animal, more predatory. T'kuvma and Kol look shark-like. I think the change from TOS Klingons to TNG/DS9 Klingons is about the same amount of change as TNG/DS9 Klingons to Discovery Klingons. The main problem I think was that in making the Discovery Klingons look not at all human-like they made it difficult for the actors to show emotion or speak clearly. If the Klingons could have shown more facial expressions and spoken clearly I think people would not have been as bothered by the way the Discovery Klingons looked. Whatever you think about the Discovery Klingons' makeup you have to admit that the Klingon outfits looked amazing!

I think you're spot on ... all the prosthetics makes acting next to impossible! How could we ever get Martok's magnificence under all that?
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

bsh95l3oo8tz.jpeg

4alv528ch2h1.jpg

Heh.

I think you're spot on ... all the prosthetics makes acting next to impossible! How could we ever get Martok's magnificence under all that?

Would Gowron's crazy eyes show? Be a shame to not have had that part of the perormance!!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I realize they listed the discovery crew, so I guess if we wanna see if we have them in the ice vault, we have to search person by person lol
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    wnv2ldjvjkol.jpg
    wnv2ldjvjkol.jpg

wow, Bryan Fuller actually wanted to make Klingons look like Cardassians...
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Might Makes Right
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Chancellor L'Rell 5* (New), Section 31 Philippa Georgiou 4* (New), and Mirror Garak 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 01/31 until Monday 02/04

Ranked Reward 5*: Number One (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 02/07.

Mega-Event recurrent featured crew: Kol of House Kor 5* (New)

Event Factions:
    Section 31, Klingon Empire, Klingon-Cardassian Alliance

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Georgiou, L'Rell, Garak, and Discovery crew.

Current Discovery crew:

2 Desert Michael Burnham
    2 Prisoner Michael Burnham
    2 Lieutenant Commander Saru
    2 Off-Duty Tilly
    4 Lt Commander Airiam
    4 Graduation Michael Burnham
    4 Tactical Michael Burnham
    4 Prospect Michael Burnham
    4 Armed Philippa Georgiou
    4 Commander Ellen Landry
    4 Time Loop Mudd
    4 Sarek
    4 First Officer Saru
    4 Reinforcements Stamets
    4 Celebratory Ash Tyler
    4 Lt. Ash Tyler
    4 Torchbearer Voq
    5 Away Team Michael Burnham
    5 EV Suit Burnham
    5 First Officer Burnham
    5 Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    5 Dr. Hugh Culber
    5 Desert Philippa Georgiou
    5 Emperor Philippa Georgiou
    5 Kol of House Kor
    5 Covert Operative Leland
    5 Captain Lorca
    5 Vengeful L'Rell
    5 Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    5 Number One
    5 Torchbearer Rejac
    5 The Prophet
    5 Suus Mahna Sarek
    5 Away Team Saru
    5 Mirror Shukar
    5 Ripper
    5 Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    5 Captain Killy
    5 T'Kuvma
    5 Tyler, Son of None

is weird why The prophet (Mirror Sarek) is not in this list for bonus is from discovery ?

You mean the 5* The Prophet that is in the list?? 😂

Edit: wow, that's a cheeky edit to totally change your comment! At least have the honesty to stand by a mistake! 😁

ur right when i am searching on sarek i make mistake i clic on post comment to find out is on name on wiki is the prophet that why i changed me question lol because i dont find away to remove it :D
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what Discovery does with Klingons in season 2. The Klingon look was widely hated by almost everyone. Makeup wasn't all bad though. Saru looks great. Detmer's prosthetic eyepiece looks great. Commander Airiam looks great.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Is that a SEC/CMD/DIP exclusive event crew? Other than Tailor Garak's tertiary ENG and barring a stretch (L'Rell could argue for SCI or MED, though not as much as Chancellor), every variant is some combo of SEC/CMD/DIP, right? So, does that mean (virtually) zero SCI/MED shuttle seats?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a SEC/CMD/DIP exclusive event crew? Other than Tailor Garak's tertiary ENG and barring a stretch (L'Rell could argue for SCI or MED, though not as much as Chancellor), every variant is some combo of SEC/CMD/DIP, right? So, does that mean (virtually) zero only SCI/MED shuttle seats?

FIFY, if the person responsible for planning the shuttle seats from the Vulcan mega last year is put in charge again.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Artwork

Love it! The facial expressions are spot on to my eye; Kol's smugness, Mirror Stamets's arrogance, Section 31 Georgiou's...I don't have a word for it, but they nailed it. We have yet to meet this Number One, but the stoic gaze is consistent with the composure and poise of the original.

Re: Mirror Garak being recycled

I'm totally down for more Garaks, and Liberator Garak from "What You Leave Behind" is at the top of that wish list. There aren't many canonical options for KCA crew, but there are several prime universe characters we never saw that could make for intriguing Timelines' Originals: Damar, Dukat, Enabran Tain, Gowron, Kang, Koloth, Kor, Kurn, Martok, and the Sisters of Duras (who were named in "Crossover" but never appeared). I think it'd be fun to get Kor, Koloth, and Kang from a period set between TOS "Mirror, Mirror" and DS9, from when the KCA was formed. Also, it occurs to me that we still don't have Prime Universe Duras.

Re: Pike

Presuming we get a Discovery Pike (I can't fathom that not happening), I love that we'll have a character in game with two different likenesses. My hope is that with that precedence established that DB will go ahead and give us other crew where there were two different performers, including a Majel Barrett Number One and Robin Curtis Saavik. And, yes, more Jeffrey Hunter Pikes, like the one @Dirk Gunderson proposed!
    We do have two different Sareks. Likely to get the new Spock at some time too.

Mothersmurfer. I knew I'd overlooked something painfully obvious. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner wearing the dunce cap.
  • Options
    Where to begin first garak isn't in discovery in any varietnt, section 31 wasn't created until 2345, Georgeau wasn't In section 31, number ones uniform is 200 years older than she is, there is no cardasia yet not discovered for 147 years on the events timelines, I could go on but I won't.
    Try reading the books and comics then you will have a better understanding of the timelines.
    Oh n when will we get andromeda crew and ships its star trek as well?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Re: Artwork

Love it! The facial expressions are spot on to my eye; Kol's smugness, Mirror Stamets's arrogance, Section 31 Georgiou's...I don't have a word for it, but they nailed it. We have yet to meet this Number One, but the stoic gaze is consistent with the composure and poise of the original.

Re: Mirror Garak being recycled

I'm totally down for more Garaks, and Liberator Garak from "What You Leave Behind" is at the top of that wish list. There aren't many canonical options for KCA crew, but there are several prime universe characters we never saw that could make for intriguing Timelines' Originals: Damar, Dukat, Enabran Tain, Gowron, Kang, Koloth, Kor, Kurn, Martok, and the Sisters of Duras (who were named in "Crossover" but never appeared). I think it'd be fun to get Kor, Koloth, and Kang from a period set between TOS "Mirror, Mirror" and DS9, from when the KCA was formed. Also, it occurs to me that we still don't have Prime Universe Duras.

Re: Pike

Presuming we get a Discovery Pike (I can't fathom that not happening), I love that we'll have a character in game with two different likenesses. My hope is that with that precedence established that DB will go ahead and give us other crew where there were two different performers, including a Majel Barrett Number One and Robin Curtis Saavik. And, yes, more Jeffrey Hunter Pikes, like the one @Dirk Gunderson proposed!
    We do have two different Sareks. Likely to get the new Spock at some time too.

Mothersmurfer. I knew I'd overlooked something painfully obvious. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner wearing the dunce cap.

It's all good. Weird is that we have the same actor playing Kor but different makeups as one is of him on TOS and the other is him on DS9. Also weird that you said "mothersmurfer" as the Smurfs didn't seem to have moms but did have a Papa Smurf. All the Smurfs seemed to be male except Smurfette who was created by Gargamel.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    If the Klingons could have shown more facial expressions and spoken clearly

I having the guy basically driving the plot on day one be as emotive as an automated supermarket checkout really hurt the premiere.

f.

This made me laugh out loud before I’ve had coffee which is quite an accomplishment.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a SEC/CMD/DIP exclusive event crew? Other than Tailor Garak's tertiary ENG and barring a stretch (L'Rell could argue for SCI or MED, though not as much as Chancellor), every variant is some combo of SEC/CMD/DIP, right? So, does that mean (virtually) zero SCI/MED shuttle seats?

No, that means MOST of the shuttles will be Sci/Med..... :tongue:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

No, that means MOST of the shuttles will be Sci/Med..... :tongue:

So we have Burnham for those
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    We're getting a 2 star L'Rell!

h10yokv3dlyk.png

Bridge Officer Number One: CMD/DIP/ENG
    Kol of House Kor: CMD/DIP/SEC
    Section 31 Philippa Georgiou: CMD/DIP/SEC
    L'Rell: DIP/SEC

Also: calling her "Bridge Officer Number One" definitely leaves room for more versions to enter the game later.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

h10yokv3dlyk.png

Also: calling her "Bridge Officer Number One" definitely leaves room for more versions to enter the game later.

Nice.... except after the addition of warpable cadets it's hard to get excited about 2*'s anymore
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kaitee wrote: »
    If the Klingons could have shown more facial expressions and spoken clearly

I remember thinking that after the Binary Stars two-parter - not even so much the makeup (I mean a lot of it's just exaggerating what Klingons already had, like how the Borg got souped up in First Contact), but the spoken Klingon fell really flat for me. Granted Klingon's been a real thing for decades, so it's not entirely just a case of jumping on the bandwagon of sci-fi/fantasy making up languages just to impress everyone, but they really needed to hire whoever hangs around the Game of Thrones crew and advises them on speaking convincing gibberish. Credit where it's due, L'Rell wrangled her Klingon well in a couple of the later episodes, but T'Kuvma was basically just barking out every syllable on its own - maybe nobody bothered sitting down with him and running him through the full five-week Khal Drogo School For Sounding Like You Know What You're Saying since he was only around for a few scenes, but having the guy basically driving the plot on day one be as emotive as an automated supermarket checkout really hurt the premiere.

I'm hoping we see a lot more Klingons speaking English, basically. If they build more mobility into the makeup that's great too, but I feel like the main thing is if you've got a Klingon on set for two days to shoot scenes for one episode, don't saddle the poor petaQ with having to hit Dany levels of foreign language fluency fifteen minutes after seeing the script for the first time.

Piece of trivia. James Doohan was a linguist. He actually creatd the Klingon and Vulcan dialog for The Motion Picture. A college professor of linguistics created Dothraki. They need someone for this show who can create a believable language, and teach people how to speak it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

h10yokv3dlyk.png

Nice.... except after the addition of warpable cadets it's hard to get excited about 2*'s anymore

Oh, I still love two and even one star characters. New cards, easy to level, help you with immortalizing achievements, fun versions of characters...bring 'em on, DB!

This. Any Event that drops a new 2* is great. Consider the people starting out. Maybe they can't Warp Cadets yet. Maybe they CAN get 750 Points to FF a new 2* that will most likely have good Stats, with the power creep. Adding a 2* might not help everyone. But it likely WILL help SOMEONE
    Even if it does not help it is a fun new avatar and a chance for a non whale to be first to immortalize a crew card.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    C. Reese wrote: »
    I’m hoping that there will be some fairly new Disco crew as thresholds and lower level achievement rewards. Once the VP structure changed to nosebleed high levels to meet all thresholds, I’m struggling with even meeting thresholds on faction events. So, the gold crew in the 1500 place range aren’t even a concern for me, since I won’t be achieving that level for a while. Anyway, I find the new VP/reward structure very frustrating.

I'd love for us to get some new 2* Crew. Got everyone but the EMH from Honour Hall done.

Not me. I have all of them cryo'd and it's nice not using resources on them, or having them use crew slots.

• Options
    opinions if philippa will have mirror universe trait? wondering if I should be running some Terran shuttles.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    opinions if philippa will have mirror universe trait? wondering if I should be running some Terran shuttles.

Yes, she does.