Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Sum of Its Parts - 02/07 (Mega-Event Part 2)

Comments

• Not sure if anyone noticed nor even if they did, if they cared, but the opening dialogue of this event is incorrect. That is to say, Kol has stolen Pike’s Enterprise, since that’s the version we’re fighting, and NOT the Enterprise-A. For those that need the reminder, Pike’s, the one we’re fighting in the Skirmish, is NCC-1701. The A, which came much later under Kirk/Spock is NCC-1701-A. They’re two completely different ships. Ok, nitpicking complete.

And neither of them are from the 22nd century as stated in the opening dialogue

They’re both from the 23rd aren’t they? I never can remember that part.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone noticed nor even if they did, if they cared, but the opening dialogue of this event is incorrect. That is to say, Kol has stolen Pike’s Enterprise, since that’s the version we’re fighting, and NOT the Enterprise-A. For those that need the reminder, Pike’s, the one we’re fighting in the Skirmish, is NCC-1701. The A, which came much later under Kirk/Spock is NCC-1701-A. They’re two completely different ships. Ok, nitpicking complete.

IIRC, Enterprise series was 22nd Century, The Cage, Disco, TOS, TAS and first six Movies 23rd Century, TNG, DS9, and Voyager 24th Century?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • And Buck Rogers and the Earth Directorate is 25th century ;)
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    witm12t499vq.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone noticed nor even if they did, if they cared, but the opening dialogue of this event is incorrect. That is to say, Kol has stolen Pike’s Enterprise, since that’s the version we’re fighting, and NOT the Enterprise-A. For those that need the reminder, Pike’s, the one we’re fighting in the Skirmish, is NCC-1701. The A, which came much later under Kirk/Spock is NCC-1701-A. They’re two completely different ships. Ok, nitpicking complete.

IIRC, Enterprise series was 22nd Century, The Cage, Disco, TOS, TAS and first six Movies 23rd Century, TNG, DS9, and Voyager 24th Century?

Correct! Other than intentional time travel incidents, these are the years covered by the TV shows and films:

Enterprise: 2151-2155 (not counting the finale)
    TOS/TAS/Disco/first six films plus opener of Generations: 2254-2293
    TNG/DS9/Voyager/last four films: 2364-2378ish
  • Not sure if anyone else has noticed but even with my default language set to English, Pike’s Enterprise ship abilities are in German!

I kinda like it.

9bgn0n9hke86.png
  • Not sure if anyone noticed nor even if they did, if they cared, but the opening dialogue of this event is incorrect. That is to say, Kol has stolen Pike’s Enterprise, since that’s the version we’re fighting, and NOT the Enterprise-A. For those that need the reminder, Pike’s, the one we’re fighting in the Skirmish, is NCC-1701. The A, which came much later under Kirk/Spock is NCC-1701-A. They’re two completely different ships. Ok, nitpicking complete.

I saw that too. I'm a detail freak, so those things are a little annoying. Hope they remember to fix it in case they do a repeat.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Running a little late on next week's announcement?

SunshineRiker had been doing so good up until now while Shan was away.

AGREED!
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I like the jokes in the narrative.

Chekov: “We wouldn’t want to damage such a historic wessel, wouldn’t we Captain?”
    Every Player Captain: “Oops.”

3hfa4ibbkqez.png
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does that 4th ship from Phase 2 have absolutely no chill!?
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    I like the jokes in the narrative.

Chekov: “We wouldn’t want to damage such a historic wessel, wouldn’t we Captain?”
    Every Player Captain: “Oops.”

3hfa4ibbkqez.png
    Me: "I wanted to capture it!"
    AEC: "A lucky shot, sir!"
    Me: "Who let an AEC on the bridge!?"
    zysvfmckpz2z.jpg
    Me: "Quick, cloak and get us out of here! No one saw anything."
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

It is definitely a nuisance. I am going into 5th battle with half my hull gone after that one.

Anyone else seeing odd drop rates? I am getting less than half the usual chroniton drop and I am in the negative for this event. Also, I haven't seen a premium pull since about the second skirmish way back when.

It’s definitely one of the tougher battles since Skirmish events started. I actually switched bonus crew from O’Brien to Kol, who was utterly worthless even st 2/5* FE, and actually saw a big improvement with my 3/4* L1 Lieutenant Chekov. I went from having half or a third of my hull left after the fourth battle to barely getting scratched.

It is definitely a nuisance. I am going into 5th battle with half my hull gone after that one.

Anyone else seeing odd drop rates? I am getting less than half the usual chroniton drop and I am in the negative for this event. Also, I haven't seen a premium pull since about the second skirmish way back when.

I actually got my first premium single pull since maybe the first Skirmish, or at least the second. I haven’t paid much attention to other drops - without any evidence, I would say that the ratios of intel/credit/chron/VP drops is roughly in line with previous events.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Been getting lots of chrons here, would prefer more honor. As for premium pulls I've only gotten two over the course of all skirmish events, but they have a very low drop chance (0.13%).

Correct! Other than intentional time travel incidents, these are the years covered by the TV shows and films:

And then we skip the 25th century to come back to Earth for Cleopatra in the 26th century.
    middlehead wrote: »

And then we skip the 25th century to come back to Earth for Cleopatra in the 26th century.

And here I thought I was the only person who remembered that show...high school me was pretty in to Jennifer Sky thanks to that show.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

And here I thought I was the only person who remembered that show...high school me was pretty in to Jennifer Sky thanks to that show.

I was more of a Gina Torres fan myself. :smiley:

Understandable! How she never made it into a guest role on any Trek show in the last 25 years is kinda mind-boggling.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Understandable! How she never made it into a guest role on any Trek show in the last 25 years is kinda mind-boggling.

That show needed Bruce Campbell.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »

He had his own show at the time. Jack of All Trades. It would air right after Cleopatra and it was an even better show.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

It was definitely stabbing with it’s last breath...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

He had his own show at the time. Jack of All Trades. It would air right after Cleopatra and it was an even better show.
    Jack had one of the all time great theme songs/intros.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy Khan wrote: »

It was definitely stabbing with it’s last breath...

Yeah, the Reliant always seems to be the most consistently challenging ship in Skirmishes, for whatever reason. Tough little ship.
  • Did anyone else not get the ending story portion? I clicked “done” and it just gave me the win screen.
  • Major KonigsMajor Konigs ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Look like is good event i Bégin Buy 1 pack got Number one And Mirror Kirk make 884 100 pts in event making me finish position #1390 got Mirror Stamets is already Nice évent like that but whit me 3 free premium pull got 3 behold in a row lol first i take Hippocrate Noah to FF me 2nd pull i take Mirror kes And me last pull is this screenshot
    5lcstteulkl0.png
    Take insectoide because dip\sci is one weak point i got
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Look like is good event i Bégin Buy 1 pack got Number one And Mirror Kirk make 884 100 pts in event making me finish position #1390 got Mirror Stamets is already Nice évent like that but whit me 3 free premium pull got 3 behold in a row lol first i take Hippocrate Noah to FF me 2nd pull i take Mirror kes And me last pull is this screenshot
    5lcstteulkl0.png

Think I'd have to go Insectoid there, with consideration to the second star on the Doc.
    Look like is good event i Bégin Buy 1 pack got Number one And Mirror Kirk make 884 100 pts in event making me finish position #1390 got Mirror Stamets is already Nice évent like that but whit me 3 free premium pull got 3 behold in a row lol first i take Hippocrate Noah to FF me 2nd pull i take Mirror kes And me last pull is this screenshot
    5lcstteulkl0.png

Think I'd have to go Insectoid there, with consideration to the second star on the Doc.

Agreed. Additional stars are usually the way to go, of course, though the Xindi Councilor is so good that he’s well worth considering over even a fourth or fifth stat.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Jack had one of the all time great theme songs/intros.

A Jack of All Trades could do a past-to-future crossover.
    It would have been
    PUew.gif
    groovy...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the following set up for both phases...

SHIP: 9/10 HMS Bounty
    SEAT 1: Kol of House of Pancakes
    SEAT 2: American Gladiator Spock
    SEAT 3: Captain Planet
    SEAT 4: Emergency Medical Roomba

My strategy was pretty solid. Phase 2 required a few minor adjustments and tightening up of my timing, but once I made the necessary observations and adjustments, I cruised to just over 1M points (first time ever!) and only stopped because I chose to.

And having just woken up and having recieved/leveled my shiny new Mirror Stamos, does anybody else feel his stats are VERY underwhelming?!