Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Sum of Its Parts - 02/07 (Mega-Event Part 2)

15678911»

Comments

• Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first time breaking the top 1k in an event ever (661st). But great bird of the galaxy was that grindy.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    And having just woken up and having recieved/leveled my shiny new Mirror Stamos, does anybody else feel his stats are VERY underwhelming?!

It's not just the raw stats, it's the skill mix and the traits. SCI/ENG/MED is extremely rare, and he will find his way onto many more voyages than his raw score might suggest, though it is still quite good. Plus he will be event crew for all Discovery AND Mirror events going forward. You will be glad you have him.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    My first time breaking the top 1k in an event ever (661st). But great bird of the galaxy was that grindy.

Good job. Be proud.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    And having just woken up and having recieved/leveled my shiny new Mirror Stamos, does anybody else feel his stats are VERY underwhelming?!

It's not just the raw stats, it's the skill mix and the traits. SCI/ENG/MED is extremely rare, and he will find his way onto many more voyages than his raw score might suggest, though it is still quite good. Plus he will be event crew for all Discovery AND Mirror events going forward. You will be glad you have him.

Not saying you're wrong, but I mostly disagree. Two of his stats are bad and the third is underwhelming, and none of his proficiencies are good either. He is a thoroughly inferior Leonardo da Vinci.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wish he had more traits. His lack of traits hurts him in voyages. Then his stats are a little worse than the other sci/eng/med Leo DaVinci and Caretaker. He is still good and worth having I just wish his med was not his tertiary skill as it is with DaVinci and Caretaker.
    Let’s fly!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not saying you're wrong, but I mostly disagree. Two of his stats are bad and the third is underwhelming, and none of his proficiencies are good either. He is a thoroughly inferior Leonardo da Vinci.

When you compare all the stats, I think he's actually very comparable to Leo — who is probably one of my 10-most-employed crew members. The fact that Stamets is main cast makes him even more valuable. I agree with BMLH — he'll make it to a lot of players' Voyages, quite regularly. Will I use him more than Leo? Probably not, but I think I'll definitely use him (once I get him FF, that is). And players who don't have Leonardo would do well with the next best thing, imo.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    edited February 2019
    Data1001 wrote: »

When you compare all the stats, I think he's actually very comparable to Leo — who is probably one of my 10-most-employed crew members. The fact that Stamets is main cast makes him even more valuable. I agree with BMLH — he'll make it to a lot of players' Voyages, quite regularly. Will I use him more than Leo? Probably not, but I think I'll definitely use him (once I get him FF, that is). And players who don't have Leonardo would do well with the next best thing, imo.
    He is definitely valuable I just do not know why he has so few traits. Very rarely will he give you the +25 am. I will wait to see what Pike's stats are and if we are getting cheescake seven before I decide to buy packs or not.
    Let’s fly!
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wish he had more traits. His lack of traits hurts him in voyages. Then his stats are a little worse than the other sci/eng/med Leo DaVinci and Caretaker. He is still good and worth having I just wish his med was not his tertiary skill as it is with DaVinci and Caretaker.

I'm with you ... base-wise, he'll be my 4th best in a number of his skill pairs, and will make nice event crew when the time comes, so no complaints there, but his traits mean he'll only infrequently get a bonus in Voyages (not that that's a driver, but it is a drawback).

From my last 30 or so Voyages, here's where his traits would have ended up for SCI, ENG and MED seat bonuses:

SCI:
    √ Human (9% of the time, tied with Astrophysicist for most frequent)
    x Mirror Universe
    ~ Brutal (2% of the time, bottom of the SCI seat list)
    x Exomycologist ... yeah, I'll just stop calculating that one from here on out ...

ENG:
    ~ Human (2% of the time, bottom of the ENG seat list)
    x Mirror Universe
    √ Brutal (5% of the time, middle of the road)

MED:
    √ Human (17% of the time, 3rd from top of the pack with Starfleet, Federation)
    x Mirror Universe
    X Brutal

Overall that works out to a 31% chance of claiming a Voyage seat bonus. He'll be nice to plunk alongside Leonardo in the other MED seat during ENG voyages especially...

Leonardo, for comparison:

SCI:
    ~ Hologram (2%)
    √ Prodigy (7%)
    x Inspiring
    √ Innovator (7%)
    √ Civilian (5%)
    √ Human (9%)
    x Artist
    x Cultural Figure

ENG:
    x Hologram (0%)
    √ Prodigy (5%)
    x Inspiring
    √ Innovator (10%)
    √ Civilian (9%)
    ~ Human (2%)
    x Artist
    x Cultural Figure

MED:
    √ Hologram (14%)
    x Prodigy (0%)
    x Inspiring
    x Innovator
    √ Civilian (14%)
    √ Human (17%)
    x Artist
    x Cultural Figure

Crunching the numbers, Leonardo had a whopping 65% chance of claiming a voyage seat bonus during my last month of Voyages vs Stamets' 31%.

Excluding most of the MED-primary crew (whose chances are inflated because the MED seat only uses a couple of the same traits over and over), he's top of my pack for bonuses, with runner-ups going to Gangster Spock (63%), Temporal Chakotay (55%), Mademoiselle de Neuf (53%) and Enemy Lines Sisko (52%).
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
    edited February 2019
    Excellent analysis 5000 Quatloos. It matches my thoughts from when I do voyages. Would have liked his medicine skill to be secondary after science to differentiate him from the others. And as far as bonus for future Discovery events I think it will be quite small. I unfroze all my Science heavy Sarus and Burnhams and they have gotten zero use this month. There has been almost zero Science or Engineering or Medicine in the one faction event, then a galaxy event and skirmish where they continued to not do much. Would be good to see DB use Science more when so many of the Discovery crew have it and to use Engineering and Medicine as well for the Stamets, Tilly, and Cornwell to be of use.
    Let’s fly!
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent analysis 5000 Quatloos. It matches my thoughts from when I do voyages. Would have liked his medicine skill to be secondary after science to differentiate him from the others. And as far as bonus for future Discovery events I think it will be quite small. I unfroze all my Science heavy Sarus and Burnhams and they have gotten zero use this month. There has been almost zero Science or Engineering or Medicine in the one faction event, then a galaxy event and skirmish where they continued to not do much. Would be good to see DB use Science more when so many of the Discovery crew have it and to use Engineering and Medicine as well for the Stamets, Tilly, and Cornwell to be of use.

Agreed. I was massively disappointed that the single-seat fest during Faction put the kibosh on half of the bonus crew ... hoping we get some more Mirror events to put some of the newer mirror crew into use. But I know, right? It's a SCIENCE vessel! What the heck with all the CMD seats??? Grumble grumble.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a valid argument for sure on Mirror Stamets — I honestly hadn't considered his small number of traits when figuring him as a Voyage star.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply don't see any of this. At 1/5 FE he is not going on hardly any voyages, he will likely never set foot in a shuttle, nor will he ever be useful in Gauntlet. After this upcoming event, his use seems limited to being an honor sacrifice.

If he was a 4* with these stats, yeah, he'd be cool, but he's a 5* people had to score 850,000+ victory to earn.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    That is a valid argument for sure on Mirror Stamets — I honestly hadn't considered his small number of traits when figuring him as a Voyage star.

It definitely puts a cap on his overall usefulness. I will say, as someone that does not have Da Vinci, I use Sarina Douglas very extensively on just about any SCI/ENG/MED voyage, and she rarely has a trait match for any voyage slots that I'm aware of, though I have not tracked it. I think Stamets will take over for her there, certainly once I add a couple of stars.
  • ByloBand wrote: »

Da Vinci is excellent for voyages, but entirely useless for events. Stamets SCI skill is currently the top base shuttle SCI for both mirror AND discovery crew. Unless you think you're getting near 10 hour voyages (depends on how much money you spend on the game because you need a LOT of FF legendaries to consistently be above 10 hours currently), event crew are much more important until power creep makes consisten 10 hour voyages easier to reach.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I think traits are overblown for Voyages. It's a +25 AM. If you're not going to extend your voyage, missing a trait loses you 1 minute of Voyage time. Would I rather he have more traits, sure, but if his skills are worthwhile I'd still use him even with a trait.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I think traits are overblown for Voyages. It's a +25 AM. If you're not going to extend your voyage, missing a trait loses you 1 minute of Voyage time. Would I rather he have more traits, sure, but if his skills are worthwhile I'd still use him even with a trait.

Agreed. And I would even say that @5000 Quatloos 's analysis shows that, though a short list, his collection of traits is still quite useful for Voyages. Although he's barely top 50 for overall Voyage characters, his mix of stats puts him near the top of my list for citations.
  • I now have both Da'Vinci and Mirror Stamets. And both at 1/5. Da'Vinci was on my shortlist for citations, but now I am confused. As folks have pointed out, he is overall better. But Stamets is main cast and potentially more event value. :*

FWIW, even at i/5 Da'Vinci makes it to a lot of my voyages. So I expect Stamets to be a valuable addition - especially if you do not have Da'Vinci.
    edited February 2019
    Drone_one wrote: »
    I now have both Da'Vinci and Mirror Stamets. And both at 1/5. Da'Vinci was on my shortlist for citations, but now I am confused. As folks have pointed out, he is overall better. But Stamets is main cast and potentially more event value. :*

FWIW, even at i/5 Da'Vinci makes it to a lot of my voyages. So I expect Stamets to be a valuable addition - especially if you do not have Da'Vinci.

DaVinci goes on almost every one of my voyages. Science was almost completely absent from this Discovery mega event. Next Discovery mega event will probably not be for 6 months. But both are good choices. I guess it depends on how many Discovery crew you have. I have a ton of Burnhams and Sarus for science, Tilly for engineering, and Cornwell for medical.
    Let’s fly!
  • Drone_one wrote: »
    I now have both Da'Vinci and Mirror Stamets. And both at 1/5. Da'Vinci was on my shortlist for citations, but now I am confused. As folks have pointed out, he is overall better. But Stamets is main cast and potentially more event value. :*

DaVinci goes on almost every one of my voyages. Science was almost completely absent from this Discovery mega event. Next Discovery mega event will probably not be for 6 months. But both are good choices. I guess it depends on how many Discovery crew you have. I have a ton of Burnhams and Sarus for science, Tilly for engineering, and Cornwell for medical.

dont forget that riker told us that Stamets missing mirror was an error and would be corrected. so he's disco AND mirror events.