Home The Bridge
Options

Where Are You in the Campaign?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    36. I'm not going to make it. And I'm really starting to feel the chore aspect of this.

77 logins a day, and an impossibility to finish in the last 4 hours of the day is just too much.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    36. I'm not going to make it. And I'm really starting to feel the chore aspect of this.

77 logins a day, and an impossibility to finish in the last 4 hours of the day is just too much.

77 log ins a day(i know 77 wasn t meant serious)? Sorry but you clearly must do something wrong. You only need to log in twice to finish all dailies(if u have 4 shuttles) and if you use an add on 1 Scan.

And logging in twice a day(or even 3 times, when u don t have 4 shuttles) isn t really magic or impossible to do, right?

And even if it is for you, you still end up with more free stuff than before campaigns were introduced. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, what @Zom[BAD] Squirrel said. I have been sick for 4+ days, just managed to clear threshold rewards in the Skirmish but I still easily cleared the daily Accolades by logging in 3-4 times per day (when awake). 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating to see how close we all are - I'm at 49 or 50, can't check now due to watching playoff hockey on my phone :)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mon night, 12 days done, 49.5 tiers complete.

Side note: in other threads, there was a fair amount of praise for DB's clarity about what you get for your campaign purchase (as opposed to the randomness of packs, etc.). And yet...

Equipment crates - random (but as promised/expected). Sure, some of the equipment has been more useful than Dabo, but a lot of it is just the usual assortment of character-specific items for crew I don't even have (and I have a lot of them).

VIP effects on rewards - uh, dunno. The only details I've read about this are sourced from the players, with only a cryptic mention of it in DB's original announcement, specifically "Depending on a Captain’s VIP level, they can also sometimes earn double Accolades from claiming their Daily Rewards." Yeah, ok, but what does that mean?
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    51.5 before reset

Edit: after reset 56.
    3rd Leland tomorrow
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    51.5 before reset
    I am curious what VIP people are at that have 51. I am VIP 12 and at 49 doing all dailies.

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    51.5, like many others. I've done 11/11 dailies the entire time, if that helps people gauge.
  • Options
    51.5 here as well. As far as VIP and slight differences in tier placements, it was stated that higher VIP would receive more accolades daily. But if everyone participating finishes their daily board every day then Everyone should still be able to finish the campain completely. The rest of us at 51.5 are going to finish before the 28 days. We are 12 days into a 28 day process and just over 50% complete. Therefore will be 100% complete on day 24, with 4 days to to spare.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Side note: in other threads, there was a fair amount of praise for DB's clarity about what you get for your campaign purchase (as opposed to the randomness of packs, etc.). And yet...

Equipment crates - random (but as promised/expected). Sure, some of the equipment has been more useful than Dabo, but a lot of it is just the usual assortment of character-specific items for crew I don't even have (and I have a lot of them).

VIP effects on rewards - uh, dunno. The only details I've read about this are sourced from the players, with only a cryptic mention of it in DB's original announcement, specifically "Depending on a Captain’s VIP level, they can also sometimes earn double Accolades from claiming their Daily Rewards." Yeah, ok, but what does that mean?

From the Wiki:

“It is possible to receive a double reward (2x bonus) for each alternating daily reward in the monthly list. This is achieved by having the specified VIP level shown for the reward. If your Captain is VIP 3, you will receive the 2x bonus for the reward shown with (2x 1), (2x 2), and (2x 3). These rewards are not retroactive. All other 2x bonus days will only receive one (1) of the item.”

Source: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Daily_Rewards#VIP_Bonus

Perhaps this also explains why the VIP level stops at 14, given that one month every year has less than 30 days. 🤔🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    51.5 and expecting to finish on day 23 or 24. I am going to be so depressed when I don't have any tiers to complete. :'(
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Go and look at your daily login rewards screen. Depending on your captains VIP level, you might see ‘2x’ on some days. At VIP 14, every other day is a 2x. VIP 0 doesn’t get any double days. You might need to wait until it resets tomorrow to get the full picture, but here is a screenshot from mine about a week ago:

i56j2tv7whn3.jpeg
    When it is a 2x day you get 200 accolades for that daily achievement, instead of 100.

Regarding other comments I’ve seen in this thread:

Even if you’re VIP 0 with no double reward days, it’s possible to earn the maximum of 20,000 accolades needed to clear all tiers in 25 days (25 x 800), giving 3 days leeway.

A simple, but effective, way to measure your performance: At the daily reset at the end of Wednesday (1st May), we’ll be exactly 1/2 way through the 28 day campaign so you should have unlocked tier 50 (or higher) if you are on track to clear everything in time. The week after you need to be at tier 75 or higher.

It might be worth keeping a little dil ready to top up if you fall behind. In my opinion, the citations at tier 100 are the best reward of them all and easily worth a few hundred dilithium to obtain.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ha! It is tempting. I’m on tier 83 cuz I got a DIP/SEC voyage and I wanted Leland at 5/5 before I started so I bought my way to his immortalization

Hear, hear. Saying because you were a very outspoken opponent of the Campaigns in some dicussions bud. Glad you changed your mind. Cause the goodies are simply too good too pass up on them...

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ha! It is tempting. I’m on tier 83 cuz I got a DIP/SEC voyage and I wanted Leland at 5/5 before I started so I bought my way to his immortalization

Hear, hear. Saying because you were a very outspoken opponent of the Campaigns in some dicussions bud. Glad you changed your mind. Cause the goodies are simply too good too pass up on them...

What changed my mind was the 5* crew was the last piece I needed to complete my crew puzzle. It could not have worked out better

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

From the Wiki:

“It is possible to receive a double reward (2x bonus) for each alternating daily reward in the monthly list. This is achieved by having the specified VIP level shown for the reward. If your Captain is VIP 3, you will receive the 2x bonus for the reward shown with (2x 1), (2x 2), and (2x 3). These rewards are not retroactive. All other 2x bonus days will only receive one (1) of the item.”

Source: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Daily_Rewards#VIP_Bonus

Perhaps this also explains why the VIP level stops at 14, given that one month every year has less than 30 days. 🤔🖖🏻

(my bolding)

The wiki is slightly wrong here. Every five days a VIP 14 player will receive double rewards three times.
    Days 1,3,5,6,8,10,11,13,15,16,18,20,21,23,25,26,28,30 So that's 17 double rewards in February, and 18 in all other months.

• Options
    I'm only at 43. I don't know how I am so far behind :s
  • Options
    48 with most of today's stuff not finished ...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to only needing 2 or 3 logins/day to finish everything, it's also possible with 4 shuttles and an ad-scan to complete everything in 3 hours.

Login, do a scan, watch an ad for a second scan, send out 4 shuttles, resolve a dilemma on your voyage(or start a new voyage depending on where it is). Then go do all the normal tasks, 20 away missions, 20 ship missions(possibly only using 160 chrons). Play your 5 cadet missions and 5 arenas. This could take ~15 minutes, but you could also start it while doing the other items and mix in tasks while waiting for the timers. Level/equip your crew. Make a purchase. At this point all you should have left 1 scan, 3 shuttles, and maybe 1 dilemma. Quit the game, log back in 3 hours after your scan. Do your third scan, your shuttles are back so send out a new batch of four. If you started your voyage 3 hours ago you now have a first dilemma to play.

You've now completed all your daily missions in ~3:02. Is it a lot to do at once, yes. But if you are pressed for time and can only log in 3:05 before reset it is doable.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

In addition to only needing 2 or 3 logins/day to finish everything, it's also possible with 4 shuttles and an ad-scan to complete everything in 3 hours.

Login, do a scan, watch an ad for a second scan, send out 4 shuttles, resolve a dilemma on your voyage(or start a new voyage depending on where it is). Then go do all the normal tasks, 20 away missions, 20 ship missions(possibly only using 160 chrons). Play your 5 cadet missions and 5 arenas. This could take ~15 minutes, but you could also start it while doing the other items and mix in tasks while waiting for the timers. Level/equip your crew. Make a purchase. At this point all you should have left 1 scan, 3 shuttles, and maybe 1 dilemma. Quit the game, log back in 3 hours after your scan. Do your third scan, your shuttles are back so send out a new batch of four. If you started your voyage 3 hours ago you now have a first dilemma to play.

You've now completed all your daily missions in ~3:02. Is it a lot to do at once, yes. But if you are pressed for time and can only log in 3:05 before reset it is doable.

That is a very detailed and descriptive way of saying, "Sorry, but you do have to play the game to advance in the game" :)

Your plan is quire thorough and well thought out!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMA going to try it out this thursday ;)
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I'm currently at 50, so I'm sure I'll finish. I really like it so far, keeps me on my toes and I've been able to level up some crew in the process. It worked well with the last event, because the Skirmish helped with space battles and the warp 10 for intel helped with additional away missions. Plus my merits are considerable high also. I only find the arena battles to be tiresome, never cared for them. But with the right ship I can win on autopilot lol.

Another incentive is the dilitium and 10 packs scattered thru. I can do well with just the campaign and a monthly card.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 55 after maxing today
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @~peregrine~ , @{ACE} Pasty
    Thanks! Clearly I do not pay enough attention to the daily reward screen. Reading is fundamental, as they say.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just crossed tier 50 this morning and it DID give me two beholds...sadly they were both 4*s I have on ice already! On to the next one...and is anyone else now swimming in merits ever since the campaign started?
  • Options
    55 on tuesday.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be onto tier 55 tonight.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    47, but I haven't done most of today, probably add a few more to that. I'll probably be okay, but it'll be tight if I miss a day or two. Which could very well happen.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    11/11 dailies done daily including today, VIP 13, Tier 53.5. Bought pay tier for Legend Cite & 4/5 Legend at end, but will stop buying Monthly Card for 1 - 2 months to balance $$. If Campaigns are monthly, then possibly buying Pay Tier over Monthly Card for Legend Cites & 4/5 Legend cards.