Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Fireside Stories - 05/09

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is ironic I can just see the federation enrolment charter

Section 310.31 - should any organ become damaged in service we will only be able to replace it with a technologically enhanced one, we are the federation, your organs will be assimilated and perfected.

Hmmm sounds familiar.

It's possible that they never developed the ability to grow an organ. We've seen the ability to clone a full body, but growing a living body to harvest an organ could be considered murder (see Sim as an example). So given the ability to create mechanical organs, that is considered the moral option and medical best practice.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...why is Darmok Dude in the rewards?

Also, that Kira artwork is superb.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought the $25 dettmer. Got 4 Torres and with a cite now at 100. Best RNG luck of my life. Gonna buy a scratch off later.....

Or, alternatively, you've just used up the last of your luck!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought three packs. Third and Forth star on Picard, Second star for Torres.

I am really lacking on event crew, so it makes things easy this weekend, thresholds and out.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be just me, but I'm not excited about Kira's stats. They seem low, or at least not unique.
  • Bought 5 packs - 2 Picards(don't need) and 3 Toresses. Amazing.

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, second Picard. I'm out, honor it is. Oh well.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 packs and no Torres. I saw the writing on the wall and gave up.
    Let’s fly!
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be just me, but I'm not excited about Kira's stats. They seem low, or at least not unique.

Delta Flyer Torres (New) 5*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 554 (60-132), ENG 1278 (190-397), SEC 1021 (79-246)

Decoy Kira (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 05/16.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 544 (62-160), DIP 1273 (192-381), SEC 1006 (93-235)

Basically Delta Flyer Torres with DIP instead of ENG.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend not to look too much at stats. Yeah they are useful but it's more for me about characters from the various series that I want to have. I can live with missing out on most of the featured crew as I don't want a random 1/5 star taking up space for example unless I really like that character. Same with a lot of 4 star characters. I'm more limited on slots than anything else (130 all full) and having to bin characters ive waited ages for that I've wanted to make room is not something I like to do.

That's fair. I hope you get a slot increase soon. Which is also selfish because I'm ready for a slot sale. But out of curiosity, who will get your SR citation at the end of the campaign?

Haven't made my mind up yet. Possibly Prisoner Bashir, I've got about 8 or 9 others all FE at 3 stars so it will be whoever I want to do. Possibly Test Pilot Archer, Sheriff Worf. I haven't got round to buying into the premium track but I might do as the 5 star cite can go to Thrax or possibly Minuet.

Prisoner Bashir sounds like a solid choice. I would recommend Thrax over Minuet, unless you want to freeze Minuet for space. Detmer is a new Vosk with different traits. I'll be freezing Vosk to make room. If you don't keep Detmer, I don't think you'll be missing much based on stats and ship ability. Your original assessment sounds right: it's a good week for 600 honor.

As for the premium campaign track... I got a lot of stuff from that. Like five 10x pulls, rental shuttles, boosts, dilithium... Just a lot of goodies. Leland is kind of like Thrax. Not sure if you want both of them hanging around. But both at 4/5... it might be worth finding someone to freeze. Just a couple things to consider.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It is ironic I can just see the federation enrolment charter

Section 310.31 - should any organ become damaged in service we will only be able to replace it with a technologically enhanced one, we are the federation, your organs will be assimilated and perfected.

Hmmm sounds familiar.

It's possible that they never developed the ability to grow an organ. We've seen the ability to clone a full body, but growing a living body to harvest an organ could be considered murder (see Sim as an example). So given the ability to create mechanical organs, that is considered the moral option and medical best practice.

Once they perfect the process, I will 100% murder my clone and steal his intestines to replace my own. Might upgrade some other stuff while I'm at it. And with my A- blood, I could do well selling off stuff to people too squeamish to murder their own clones.

Unrelated: One pack, one Keyla Detmer. I'm pleased. Got a 1/4 Admiral Picard, and if all goes well, I'll get his three other stars along with a Decoy Kira on Monday.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pack pull, 1 (4th) Detmer. Quitting while I am ahead! Already got Delta Torres in the Event rewards.

My personal reasoning for liking Detmer (Aside from only needing 2 Purples to complete the entire set) is I like Discovery and I like the character on the show, especially after Season 2.

LOVING the artwork on Kira! Whoever the new artist is at DB, please stay! :smile:
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • KarthonKarthon ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    With Picard already FF/EE I took a chance on packs...got a Delta Torres! Woo-hoo. Went for a second pack (I usually only get one). 4th star for Bashir and my first Duchamps!
    06bsd35mmmuw.jpg
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Delta Flyer Torres (New) 5*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 554 (60-132), ENG 1278 (190-397), SEC 1021 (79-246)

Decoy Kira (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 05/16.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 544 (62-160), DIP 1273 (192-381), SEC 1006 (93-235)

Basically Delta Flyer Torres with DIP instead of ENG.

The traits are even meh.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    We demand cheescake seven! Or failing that can we get some cheesecake?
    Let’s fly!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

So now a legendary with the 5th(or 4th, same as Admiral Kirk)highest DIP Base status , 1200+ and the 2nd skill 1000+ is considered to be low status?

Lol... sorry thats redicilious.... ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got two packs hoping for the 4th Detmer. Got two more Torres instead. :) Almost have enough honor for the 4th star, but not before the event starts.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    pulls in order
    1 - Picard (dil)
    2 - Picard (dil)
    3 - Picard ($10 pack freebie)
    4 - Torres ($10 pack first pull)
    5 - Torres ($10 pack second pull)
    6 - Torres (dil)

still need the fourth star for Detmer, but I'll take 4/5 Torres :) Already have Picard FF so I'll likely just ff and freeze a second one since its a Picard. Any extras after that I win I'll airlock.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Loving the Artwork on Kira, but already pretty Dip heavy, so think I might coast on this one, best of luck to everyone else;)
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Loving the Artwork on Kira, but already pretty Dip heavy, so think I might coast on this one, best of luck to everyone else;)

That's my thinking as well. I'll go for threshold and see where I land.
  • We demand cheescake seven! Or failing that can we get some cheesecake?
    We demand cheescake seven! Or failing that can we get some cheesecake?

Will totally take either or.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my fishing, I get a begold with one immortal, and two unowned. One of them is COP Founder Picard.

While helpful, might be too late to get Fully Equipped in time for the event.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

So now a legendary with the 5th(or 4th, same as Admiral Kirk)highest DIP Base status , 1200+ and the 2nd skill 1000+ is considered to be low status?

I should speak (write) differently. It seems to me that her 1/5 stats are not tempting enough to me to truly desire a push for her when her 5/5 stats are not unique enough to fill special needs in my crew at this time. In other words, I can't justify giving her citations and without the citations I won't use her. I'm sure she would fit very well in many crews.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I should speak (write) differently. It seems to me that her 1/5 stats are not tempting enough to me to truly desire a push for her when her 5/5 stats are not unique enough to fill special needs in my crew at this time. In other words, I can't justify giving her citations and without the citations I won't use her. I'm sure she would fit very well in many crews.

That’s a fair assessment. It’s going to take a lot of money (or some money and a lot of luck) to get Kira to the level where she will stand out from the crowd without using honor for citations. I have plenty of crew with about 900 base DIP, I really don’t need another at this time.
    Flemming wrote: »
    In my fishing, I get a begold with one immortal, and two unowned. One of them is COP Founder Picard.

You still have time. Do as much as you can and do all ur replicator uses before the reset tonight. You can also use a supply kit and use it for him and Detmer tomorrow.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

You still have time. Do as much as you can and do all ur replicator uses before the reset tonight. You can also use a supply kit and use it for him and Detmer tomorrow.

I used replicators to FE my new Torres. But you are right, every little bit helps, and there are 4 days of this faction event.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    That Torres was crazy to lvl up. So many big time replications needed.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on Detmer and Torres, COM and ENG seats are likely, but DIP and SCI is where I think the pinch will be.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on Detmer and Torres, COM and ENG seats are likely, but DIP and SCI is where I think the pinch will be.

That seems likely. Of course, we could always get something out of left field and end up being pinched for MED, and ENG will be tight even with Detmer and Torres.