Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Fireside Stories - 05/09

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    So I decided to go for a pack to try for Detmer.

First pack: Boo Picard, did get a 2nd star for Vic and an all frozen SR behold so not a complete loss.

pwo9efjkvlmx.png

Since I’m a glutton for punishment I decided to go for another. Pleasantly surprised, 2nd star for Torres. Yay!

49qx8pzc2k90.png

Well shoot now I’ve got to go for another, right?

Third star for Torres!!

cblo2zixwomj.png

For now I’ve quit while I’m ahead. I have 120k honor is been saving to finish Honey Bare so now I’m considering citing up Torres since I’m ENG poor and letting the chips fall where they may with Detmer.

Good piece of luck tonight. Glad I went for Torres in the event.
    Hehe. So that's where all my Torreses went.
    Let’s fly!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could only afford 2 pulls. First pull got me my 1st star on Torres, second pack got me an Admiral Picard. Admiral Picard is already immortal. If it had been Detmer it would have been perfect.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be in the minority on this - and perhaps the problem is my phone's screen - but I'm not impressed with Kira's art. Most of it is good, but the face just looks wrong to me. Too flat? Something with the nose? I don't know, but something's off.

If I'm the only one that thinks this way, so be it. Art is in the eye of the beholder after all.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be in the minority on this - and perhaps the problem is my phone's screen - but I'm not impressed with Kira's art. Most of it is good, but the face just looks wrong to me. Too flat? Something with the nose? I don't know, but something's off.

If I'm the only one that thinks this way, so be it. Art is in the eye of the beholder after all.

She does look a bit like a mannequin to me, for some reason. But in a way, that makes sense - a decoy Kira!
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    So I decided to go for a pack to try for Detmer.

First pack: Boo Picard, did get a 2nd star for Vic and an all frozen SR behold so not a complete loss.

Is this "Boo Picard" as in "I'm disappointed to get Picard" or "Boo Picard" as in "Picard, whom I love"? If the latter, is it specifically Admiral Picard who's your boo or just Picard in general? In any event, I shall hereafter refer to him as "Boo Picard".

After watching “The Wounded” yesterday I’d say Picard is my boo because I had forgotten what a bad uh a** he could be when he had to. He did the “ready room back turn” to Maxwell then the “we’ll be watching” then chair back turn to Dukat um I mean Moset. I’ve been watching some random TNG episodes lately and forgot how good this one was. Had great character development for O’Brien too who is also one of my favorite Trek characters.

Sadly however, it was boo as he’s immo. Definitely more than happy with the rest of my pulls though.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

She does look a bit like a mannequin to me, for some reason. But in a way, that makes sense - a decoy Kira!

I'm not mad about this one, either. I get the mannequin vibe. Partly, that's to do with the static posture, but also her face has a sort of waxy aesthetic to it like Commander Keras had.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea who this Detmer is. According to youtube, her job on Discovery is for other people to tell her "Maximum warp".
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I have no idea who this Detmer is. According to youtube, her job on Discovery is for other people to tell her "Maximum warp".

tenor.gif?itemid=4934851

Detmer flies the ship so she is more like this but with real controls:
    tkgcbesywb8y.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

tenor.gif?itemid=4934851

tenor.gif?itemid=4934851

Detmer flies the ship so she is more like this but with real controls:
    tkgcbesywb8y.gif

Love it. Galaxy Quest is my favorite Star Trek movie.
  • Flemming wrote: »
    Based on Detmer and Torres, COM and ENG seats are likely, but DIP and SCI is where I think the pinch will be.

While it may provide some limited help, Admiral Picard has both stats and gets the 3x boost being event crew. Granted his stats aren't great, but for anyone who got a few copies trying to get Detmer, it may help.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    These AND seats underscore how few of my top shuttle crew are CMD or ENG primary. I've actually used Maquis Takeover Torres for one of the ENG AND SEC seats.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    These AND seats underscore how few of my top shuttle crew are CMD or ENG primary. I've actually used Maquis Takeover Torres for one of the ENG AND SEC seats.

I gave serious consideration to taking her out of the freezer but decided to save my merits and just use the likes of RAF O’Brien, Protomorphosis Barclay, and Mirror Cochrane during the kickstart. We’ll see if that strategy still works from here on out.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to feel the pinch in ENG and MED, but I'm not cherry picking my shuttles yet.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even without having any SEC, Ruafo is still a decent option with such a high base ENG stat. With monster scores in the other seats, his ~1500 in an ENG/SEC seat can still result in a 90%+ 4k shuttle. I'm also using Klingon Torres and Assimilated Torres in ENG/SEC seats, along with my Delta Torres.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling Detmer quickly and having DF Torres are really helping with the squeeze here.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ru’afo and Braxton are also options for me but even with Torres and Detmer I’m still getting one or two fails I’ve just reached 4K and starting to feel the pinch fourth shuttle is having to have a skill boost and is out of sync. Going to be a late one tonight
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch that hurts, thankfully I had a Sec Cmd voyage start up - much more palitable
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the honor for two Legendary Citations, I was going to use them to level out 3/5 E-Picard, but I think I'll use them to move 1/5 Assimilated Torres to 3/5.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the honor for two Legendary Citations, I was going to use them to level out 3/5 E-Picard, but I think I'll use them to move 1/5 Assimilated Torres to 3/5.

I think you'll love that choice for 3.5 days.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

Both horrible choices to waste 2 citations on, imho. But its ur game, so do whatever pleases you. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

Seems like a high cost to pay for an event win. Then again, it prevents you from wasting citations on one of the worse 5* crew, so maybe it’s not so bad. If you just love that Picard version for non-Timelines reasons, though, more power to you in whatever you do.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I know, I have a couple of 4/5s that would benefit the attention. But I hear the roar of the crowd, better to think stategically than tactally.

But, what I did not hear, how to put said weak 5s into the freezer where they belong.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    Oh I know, I have a couple of 4/5s that would benefit the attention. But I hear the roar of the crowd, better to think stategically than tactally.

But, what I did not hear, how to put said weak 5s into the freezer where they belong.

Understandable!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really game?!

Given the onslaught of ENG shuttle seats demanded this weekend, the LEAST you could do is prevent this nonsense from happening!

bmu5y4j52n0m.png
    Ouch that hurts, thankfully I had a Sec Cmd voyage start up - much more palitable

I have a COM SCI voyage, but you bet I was paging past my high ENG MED crew, even ignoring rare trait boosts
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I unfroze her, but she hasn't seen any use. But I am not going for rank this time, so I've just been doing basic shuttles without attention to which. Good luck to all who need it.