Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crimson Spark - 06/06 - ME part 1- bonus correction

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ripper has great security and will give Disco bonus. Sato has pretty good diplomacy.

Yeah well lookee here. Both my two skill Loque’eque Sato’s will have Dip at 2752. And all month!!! Guess she’s not that worthless after all you two skill haters

Some of us have to be more thrifty with our dilithium. But heck, if you want to bankroll me I will buy many packs of every two skill legendary in the game.

Those aren’t packs those are event earned. Tastes much sweeter that way
    Hehe, congrats but lordy that's even more expensive.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ripper has great security and will give Disco bonus. Sato has pretty good diplomacy.

Yeah well lookee here. Both my two skill Loque’eque Sato’s will have Dip at 2752. And all month!!! Guess she’s not that worthless after all you two skill haters

I'd like to stress I'm not trying to be sarcastic or judgmental with this statement (because it's easy to infer that from text). When you are a heavy spender, you don't have to be as careful to target maximum flexibility from a crew as someone whose Legendaries level very slowly and in low volume. Personal perspective can make a big difference in determining careful selection of priorities.

This was actually meant for those who attempted to make me feel small but if I may shape your point into a slightly different mold I have to agree with you. I should let it go and as of this moment I will.

• Options

I'd like to stress I'm not trying to be sarcastic or judgmental with this statement (because it's easy to infer that from text). When you are a heavy spender, you don't have to be as careful to target maximum flexibility from a crew as someone whose Legendaries level very slowly and in low volume. Personal perspective can make a big difference in determining careful selection of priorities.

This was actually meant for those who attempted to make me feel small but if I may shape your point into a slightly different mold I have to agree with you. I should let it go and as of this moment I will.
    Who made you feel small? I said Loque sato had pretty good diplomacy then you seemed to get upset. This is a game people can play it however they want that is fun for them.

Spend big or spend small
    We are players all.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Who made you feel small? I said Loque sato had pretty good diplomacy then you seemed to get upset. This is a game people can play it however they want that is fun for them.

A long time ago in a thread far far away (okay it wasn't that long ago and the thread is around here somewhere ;))
  • Options

A long time ago in a thread far far away (okay it wasn't that long ago and the thread is around here somewhere ;))
    Hmm, idk, "pretty good" seems pretty good to me.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having more time to think about it, still stewing is pretty petty. Bad form by me and I apologize that I sounded ignorant
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    To come back to Janeway murdering Tuvix, if you will, I think it's important to consider The Search for Spock. That's the closest similar scenario. There, Kirk had to try to get Spock's katra purged from McCoy because the melding was overwhelming and damaging for Bones. With Tuvix, however, there was no such conflict.

During his examination, he makes clear that he has Tuvok's and Neelix' memories, but that he has a single consciousness. Even after being separated, there's a sense that while Neelix and Tuvok were comfortable having been revived as individuals, neither had been in agony while fused. Tuvok and Neelix were perfectly well reconciled with one another. Tuvix was at peace with them. The only conflict is that Kes is squicked out and Janeway makes Tuvix into a symbolic rejection of accepting being stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Tuvix is entirely right to call out Janeway for committing murder.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    After having more time to think about it, still stewing is pretty petty. Bad form by me and I apologize that I sounded ignorant
    It was never my intention to belittle your accomplishment Banjo in getting first in the Loque sato event. I like you and I had no idea who had come in first in that event. I will never get first in an event, prolly will never get top 10 either. Getting so high in an event takes a huge amount of sacrifice. I was just trying to speak generally about the cards for people thinking of buying the packs now not doing the event long ago. DB gave a little higher stats to Ripper because he was in one of those Tuesday packs when he came out. Loque Sato has good diplomacy and almost all of the crew that have a little higher base diplomacy came after the Loque Sato event. Loque Sato is also in the delphic expansion cryo collection. I do believe Loque Sato has value which is why I made sure to get her in the Loque Sato event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    🥓
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, idk, "pretty good" seems pretty good to me.

???? I was referencing the fact that the "who made him feel small" was in a completely different thread a while back. It had nothing to do with your post.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never my intention to belittle your accomplishment Banjo in getting first in the Loque sato event. I like you and I had no idea who had come in first in that event. I will never get first in an event, prolly will never get top 10 either. Getting so high in an event takes a huge amount of sacrifice. I was just trying to speak generally about the cards for people thinking of buying the packs now not doing the event long ago. DB gave a little higher stats to Ripper because he was in one of those Tuesday packs when he came out. Loque Sato has good diplomacy and almost all of the crew that have a little higher base diplomacy came after the Loque Sato event. Loque Sato is also in the delphic expansion cryo collection. I do believe Loque Sato has value which is why I made sure to get her in the Loque Sato event.

It was t you Apollo. We have always been on good terms and hope to remain so. As Unkie said it was many moons ago in a galaxy far far away and as I said it was petty for me to keep carrying it. You’ve never given me ill will.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Group hug! :)

The measure of a man is taking care of his family and not being too prideful to admit he is wrong. Not how much he knows about football or how much beer he can drink or how good he can fix a car.....but I guess that’s easy for me to say cuz I do none of those things

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    To come back to Janeway murdering Tuvix, if you will, I think it's important to consider The Search for Spock. That's the closest similar scenario. There, Kirk had to try to get Spock's katra purged from McCoy because the melding was overwhelming and damaging for Bones. With Tuvix, however, there was no such conflict.

During his examination, he makes clear that he has Tuvok's and Neelix' memories, but that he has a single consciousness. Even after being separated, there's a sense that while Neelix and Tuvok were comfortable having been revived as individuals, neither had been in agony while fused. Tuvok and Neelix were perfectly well reconciled with one another. Tuvix was at peace with them. The only conflict is that Kes is squicked out and Janeway makes Tuvix into a symbolic rejection of accepting being stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Tuvix is entirely right to call out Janeway for committing murder.

You know, that's true, and it makes me feel like there's a whole other angle to that episode... the scientific achievement one. I had been thinking of it more in the sense of TNG's "Measure of a Man" Data style, but this is CRAZY outlandish science.

"We've just successfully combined two consciousnesses into one!"

For a Star Trek plot, that's almost as "out there" as Voyager's episode Threshold.
  • Options

It was t you Apollo. We have always been on good terms and hope to remain so. As Unkie said it was many moons ago in a galaxy far far away and as I said it was petty for me to keep carrying it. You’ve never given me ill will.
    Ok, cool. Hard to tell when you quoted me when you said your stuff. But good luck in the event. I wish everyone luck in the event. May you all finish close but slightly behind me. :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Group hug! :)

HEY! Watch it there handsy! Shan said group HUG not group GROPE!! :open_mouth::unamused:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, to think a Janeway is going to be near the very top of my Engineering crew! Weird!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janeway has fantastic engineering, she will be my forth decent engineer.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Janeway is a Jury-Rigger!

Thank you, thank you, thank you DB for this. This definitely sparks joy.

If she has the "Time's Up" audio, she will be perfect.
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Great stats and combo on both Janeway and Neelix. Met Ethan Phillips when I was a kid and he was very kind so will be looking forward to finally having a good Neelix card!
  • Options
    Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Janeway is pretty much a carbon copy of Delta Flyer Torres. If you've been living under a rock for the past 2 months, and haven't gotten your fill of Eng/Sec by now, congratulations.
    Beyond that, she does have the #3 Eng base, so that's nice. Her Eng/Sec shuttle pair comes in #3, after Ishara Yar and Saboteur Garak, and just ahead of Resilient Tuvok, Delta Flyer Torres, Conditioned Laforge, and Irina. Poor Falcon O'Brien dropping to 8th place.
    -- getting her 4/5 right away devalues any new legendary you got in the last two months

Tactical Neelix, on the other hand, is the new #8 voyager, displacing Merry Men Troi. He's also got the 2nd highest Sec voyage score, with a rare Med Secondary.
    There are only 9 legendaries with Dip/Sec/Med, though two of them are former megas Cornwell and Darth Bashir. of those 9, only 2 aren't Med Primary, and only 3 aren't Sec Tertiary, so it's an unusual skill set which will find its way on to your ship fairly regularly even at 1 star.
    Couple that with the #8 base Sec and #14 base Med, pushing out Warship EMA for the new #1 Sec/Med pair

oh, in case anyone thinks I forgot, both of them are gauntlet non-starters, and if you have room for them in the Arena, you're not doing it right.
  • Options
    Yay DB! So happy with the Janeway! Thank you for listening!
    w8kcngctm9hs.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Neelix looks great too!
    x3zeyrilpj6m.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    This will be interesting:

Obrist is SCI CMD (ENG)
    Tuvok is ENG SEC (SCI)
    Janeway is ENG SEC (CMD)
    Martock is SEC CMD

I'd expect to see a lot of SCI/CMD, ENG/SEC and CMD/SEC shuttles, but for some reason I fear they'll all be MED DIP :wink:

Borg Queen, Ru'afo and Armus will likely prove to be valuable survivalists.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    I just have one question:

Why is Obrist giving a lecture?