Home The Bridge

New picard campaign

Comments

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also came for the outrage! I expected more pitchforks. Its only been an hour I'll come back later

My Picard is at 2* so I'll probably still buy.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably would have gone with Smitten, or Mambo Picard. Something the majority might need / want.

Hell, I'd take Ent-E Picard over Mirror, at least I could freeze him then.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may still participate, but cash in the premium track at the very end to avoid all the DYC dodging whenever a Legendary card pops. But like the majority, I have both Immortalized.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna sit this campaign out
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    Hello MASSIVE gauntlet walls of Gun Show Picard.

How is this different from the present status quo? Gauntlet is just the same dozen or so cards, over and over again.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
    edited June 2019
    To be honest, my preference would have been for them to offer Mirror Picard (and frankly all of the other former mega event featured legendary crew) as a stand-alone, $10 special offer. But DB's analytics may very well indicate that making him a campaign reward will generate good interest---who knows. I believe that he and the Borg Queen are by far the best two cards from the megas, and players who missed them are likely at a noticeable disadvantage.

Because campaigns are generally a good deal even if the cards aren't of interest, this should be, at best, a mild disappointment for any given player. And for what it's worth, I don't mind having some good reasons not to spend money every single time. I happily sat out the Leland campaign, and I'll do the same for this one. Even though I know I'd still get good mileage out buying in, I don't really feel like I *need* to. And I'm glad for anyone who will get their first Mirror Picard out of this, because he's insanely useful.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is this the next Campaign? Or are people speculating?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • So, is this the next Campaign? Or are people speculating?

It's legit.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13946/june-campaign-announcement#latest
  • Thank you! A month where I don’t have to play the silly ship fights for the dailies 😊 next month again then hopefully.
  • edited June 2019
    I rarely complain, but I know a huge % of non-whale type players who have both of these Picards already immortalized :( I kinda think DB missed wildy on this one.

Campaigns seem so can't miss, making players happy, but this Picard selection (other Picards could have been selected) kinda stinks.

I know players that have one 5/5 immortalized and Mirror Picard is him.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
    So, is this the next Campaign? Or are people speculating?

It's legit.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13946/june-campaign-announcement#latest

Now I have the mail. Just popped up.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I rarely complain, but I know a huge % of non-whale type players who have both of these Picards already immortalized :( I kinda think DB missed wildy on this one.

Campaigns seem so can't miss, making players happy, but this Picard selection (other Picards) kinda stinks.

I know players that have one 5/5 immortalized and Mirror Picard is him.

My first 5* Immo.

If I had the money for the paid Track, and access at home to make sure I cleared, I would have two at the end of that Campaign......
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they don't want to make any money this month..
    DB: Do Better
  • My instinctive response was not positive
  • I'm on the list that would have preferred other Picards (I have them both immortalized). However, I use MJLP in Gauntlet and Voyages all of the time. A second copy will not go unused.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • FripFrip ✭✭
    Mirror Picard. I shake my head in disbelief.
  • mega stuff should stay mega and ofcourse added someday in a portal update. this is probably a good idea to not sell alot of premium campaigns
  • KwichKwich ✭✭
    I vowed to not spent any more money on DB besides the monthly abo. Then they introduced campaings and since this was a valid offer if you play daily I spent my 2 x 11 Euro. With this "slap in the face" of long time Timelines players I am glad to hold back on this month 11 Euros.

The marketing person at DB, really anybody working there, should play their own game. Than they wouldnt do so many stupid mistakes.......
    What a joke. Any mega crew pick is a TERRIBLE choice for a campaign reward. Add in Picard-gate, and it makes this all even dumber. Mirror Picard is THE WORST POSSIBLE crew choice for this, not counting Leland and Captain Spock. I would be willing to bet real money that mirror Picard is the single highest owned fully fused 5* in the game. Does anyone disagree with that claim? Please, PLEASE dispute it.

Without seeing DB's analytics, there's no way to validate a claim one way or another. It's just baseless speculation.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting choice DB...i may actually pass on this one, but $10 for a 5* citation and the 5 10x premium packs still does sort of seem like a good deal....how many people here would be more likely to buy if it was, say, Meme Picard and Wine Picard instead?
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    The campaign premium track is worth 10 for the citation and the other goodies. But I must say going Mirror Picard AND Admiral Picard was an odd choice for just the third campaign, especially if the goal is to keep people excited and logging in. Mirror Picard is a great card, but I have it as does literally everyone else who played that event because you gave away 5 copies. Admiral Picard is meh. I am not sure that is not the worst Picard. Probably would have gone with a less common gold or a new or harder to get purple
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't create a discussion yet but I'm curious after starting a faction event what is the best way to get the most vp points, sorry, I'm just dying to know. I there a certain strategy involving certain boosts or something?

@Tiffany Hope the best strategy is to" kickstart" the event, so that you hit high VP shuttles very quickly. Then send out shuttles with reduce time boosts. If your shuttle have a low success rate, then use skill boosts instead.

If you only have two shuttles, then buy a third, then forth with dil, if you are a paying customer. Shuttles are more important than extra crew slots.

My own method of kickstarting is to open (but not run) all faction missions for all factions, then repeat the same four factions missions until I hit 3 hour missions, then to run the rest that I have already opened.

This method is allegedly better.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4358/kickstart-ideas-for-12-missions
This discussion has been closed.