Home The Bridge
Options

December Campaign - Thoughts and hopes?

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm in "collectors mode" lately, since I'm happy with Gloria (was 1/5 pre-campaign) and wouldn't mind seeing another card of her type. Specifically, one that I would never bother to use 200K honor to FF, but one that fills a collection slot. (I'm not completely selfish - I don't need to have the card yet either.)

Beowulf Kim
    Satin Dress Lily Sloane (collection repetition, I know)
    Jazz Musician Odo
    COP Founder Picard
    Bashir, Julian Bashir
    Garak, Elim Garak

A set of well-dressed folks ready for holiday parties. (Kim's party is themed rather than just formal.) I realize that many of these are weaker and/or older, so the drawback for DB is the potential impact on sales, but they can count on my $10 for it. :)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Beowulf Kim joined a very, very short list of new 5* crew I sent on an unassisted spacewalk a little while back when he dropped from a merit pack. I understand if you really liked the episode and/or Harry Kim in general, but his stats are so putrescent I figured I wouldn’t even take him in an otherwise all-immortal behold, never mind use citations to finish him. To each their own!

That's quite an odd statement after suggesting the Rozhenkos... Anyone not having unlimited funds for crew slots should send them to the trash can ASAP.

Overall after reading this thread I'm really puzzled by half of the requests asking for some of the most awful cards in the game. If you want a doctor, why not shoot for the stars and ask for warship EMA instead of bottom tier crew?

In the first part I was coming up with theme ideas, not really commenting on their actual in-game usefulness. I have no doubt that the torches and pitchforks would come out if the Rozhenkos actually were a campaign 5*. In the interest of full disclosure, I would buy into that campaign not only for the citation at the end but also because I got stuck with a 1/5* Rozhenkos a while back that I didn’t have the heart to airlock.

As far as asking for great crew...well, how to put this so that I don’t get Shan’s Blue Text of Shame: wish in one hand and pour soup into the other, see which fills up first. None of the campaign 5*s have been top-tier, must-have crew like the Warship EMA or Indulgent Seven. We’ve gotten some decent crew (Sisko and Sato have excellent bases, Leland has that immensely useful Disco bonus, and many of the others are situationally useful) but we’re not going to be seeing really amazing crew in campaigns unless DB sees a trend of falling campaign sales and injects a little extra star power into a future campaign to get the numbers back up.

Building up unreasonable expectations is a great recipe for bitter disappointment...so in the meantime we can ask for weaker crew that match a particular theme (based on a holiday, trait, faction, actor, or other unifying concept) and/or that can fill a more niche role, like a hard-to-finish collection.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Beowulf Kim joined a very, very short list of new 5* crew I sent on an unassisted spacewalk a little while back when he dropped from a merit pack. I understand if you really liked the episode and/or Harry Kim in general, but his stats are so putrescent I figured I wouldn’t even take him in an otherwise all-immortal behold, never mind use citations to finish him. To each their own!

That's quite an odd statement after suggesting the Rozhenkos... Anyone not having unlimited funds for crew slots should send them to the trash can ASAP.

Overall after reading this thread I'm really puzzled by half of the requests asking for some of the most awful cards in the game. If you want a doctor, why not shoot for the stars and ask for warship EMA instead of bottom tier crew?

In the first part I was coming up with theme ideas, not really commenting on their actual in-game usefulness. I have no doubt that the torches and pitchforks would come out if the Rozhenkos actually were a campaign 5*. In the interest of full disclosure, I would buy into that campaign not only for the citation at the end but also because I got stuck with a 1/5* Rozhenkos a while back that I didn’t have the heart to airlock.

As far as asking for great crew...well, how to put this so that I don’t get Shan’s Blue Text of Shame: wish in one hand and pour soup into the other, see which fills up first. None of the campaign 5*s have been top-tier, must-have crew like the Warship EMA or Indulgent Seven. We’ve gotten some decent crew (Sisko and Sato have excellent bases, Leland has that immensely useful Disco bonus, and many of the others are situationally useful) but we’re not going to be seeing really amazing crew in campaigns unless DB sees a trend of falling campaign sales and injects a little extra star power into a future campaign to get the numbers back up.

Building up unreasonable expectations is a great recipe for bitter disappointment...so in the meantime we can ask for weaker crew that match a particular theme (based on a holiday, trait, faction, actor, or other unifying concept) and/or that can fill a more niche role, like a hard-to-finish collection.

In a vacuum your argument is valid, the problem is, DB listens to feedback and if people keep asking for the bottom of the barrel, eventually DB will do it. On the other hand, it costs nothing to at least ask for some top shelf picks. DB may or may not do it, but they see what people want. That's why when I read suggestions like rogue Kai Winn, beowulf kim or Jazz musician odo, I can't help myself from facepalming so hard it hurts.

All in all though I'd say DB kind of created this issue, if the campaign had 1 crew and 4 cites no one would care that much about good or bad crew being offered, the problem is, we have the opposite, and it matters a lot since it's the soviet-style same sweater for everyone this winter so I'd rather have good crew rather than someone else's crew for lulz or useless collections.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

In a vacuum your argument is valid, the problem is, DB listens to feedback and if people keep asking for the bottom of the barrel, eventually DB will do it. On the other hand, it costs nothing to at least ask for some top shelf picks. DB may or may not do it, but they see what people want. That's why when I read suggestions like rogue Kai Winn, beowulf kim or Jazz musician odo, I can't help myself from facepalming so hard it hurts.

All in all though I'd say DB kind of created this issue, if the campaign had 1 crew and 4 cites no one would care that much about good or bad crew being offered, the problem is, we have the opposite, and it matters a lot since it's the soviet-style same sweater for everyone this winter so I'd rather have good crew rather than someone else's crew for lulz or useless collections.

They listen to feedback. That is why we got Whoopi Goldberg when everyone was asking for Nog

Everyone was asking for Nog. There was no 4* Nog to offer. Despite players asking for new characters, DB has never offered a new 4*/5* in a campaign. They've now introduced a 4* Nog. They can now offer a Nog campaign in a month or two just like people have asked for.

TL/DR, DB does respond to feedback when it's reasonable.

The 4* didn’t have to be Nog. The 4 and 5 haven’t always been the same character

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

They listen to feedback. That is why we got Whoopi Goldberg when everyone was asking for Nog

Everyone was asking for Nog. There was no 4* Nog to offer. Despite players asking for new characters, DB has never offered a new 4*/5* in a campaign. They've now introduced a 4* Nog. They can now offer a Nog campaign in a month or two just like people have asked for.

TL/DR, DB does respond to feedback when it's reasonable.

If there were a 5* Nog in the campaign, it probably wouldn’t have mattered who the 4* crew was (Niners Rom would have been the best choice, or maybe a 4* Quark).
  • Options
    Irina because Christmas colors.
  • Options
    with Nexus Guinan this month maybe it'll be a new Nexus Picard next month with may Renee/Robert being new as well. or even Santa Claus. Hey we do have the Easter Bunny.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

The window was a bit short, they probably prepare campaigns a couple months in advance. The only card they could have given is Tuxedo Nog (captain is really, really bad), and a lot of us still have him at 1/5 in the mail, so they probably chose not to add him to the campaign because we're basically getting a citation to use where we want. Now there's always a chance they do something in a couple of months with the new 4* Nog but I suspect it's a business decision and pleasing the crowd wasn't a priority in this case.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like we have a winning theme for the next campaign...

olq04df8ki9u.png9xo79gqhy6x9.png

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

That works for me, I love it. :D
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I just took Pinafore Data in a behold. I'm on board for that.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    yknow there IS a certain movie that has its 40th anniversary coming in December and several potential new crew we don't have yet...

05943d74d29fa9fc85566ae7d0ca4b81.jpg
    maybe we can even build our own awkwardly hanging 2x4s!

that could be a future Mega, as soon as they finish the ST IV with Adm. soon to be Capt. Kirk. Whale Kirk. I am not a fan of the "pajama" unis like the actors, producers, company ect. But it would make an interesting collection. and thanks for reminding me i am older than this film(by 10 months lol)
    Could have a Movie collection going then too.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    yknow there IS a certain movie that has its 40th anniversary coming in December and several potential new crew we don't have yet...

They are not going to add new crew in a campaign. But they could always take from the existing bunch.

5*: Kolinahr Spock, Lt. Commander Uhura, Ilia Probe
    4*: Drafted McCoy, Lieutenant Chekov, Doctor Chapel
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

They are not going to add new crew in a campaign. But they could always take from the existing bunch.

If this is the route they go, here's hoping they pick Kolinahr Spock. I've already got him at 1/5.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

If given the choice--and I haven't--I'd pick Ilia Probe (the single most TMP-centric image) and Doctor Chapel ('cause I finished fusing the others recently and my Chapel languishes at 1/4).
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Kolinahr spock would allow me to FFE him, I'd rather have Ilia. As to the 4* I'm not too concerned what gets picked as the odds of it being a need are slim to none.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm not particularly fond of the Birthday campaigns... seems kind of uninspired. Plus it gave us a Guinan campaign, which is a big yawn for me. Though, I actually am glad they didn't go with a Nog event... smacks of profiting off of a death. I think their solution was just fine.

How about a Christmas themed one? You could have Data as Scrooge from Devil's Due, and Helen Noel from Dagger of the Mind.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    I'm not particularly fond of the Birthday campaigns... seems kind of uninspired. Plus it gave us a Guinan campaign, which is a big yawn for me. Though, I actually am glad they didn't go with a Nog event... smacks of profiting off of a death. I think their solution was just fine.

How about a Christmas themed one? You could have Data as Scrooge from Devil's Due, and Helen Noel from Dagger of the Mind.

I for one hope they don't begin introducing new crew via Campaigns. That said, I have also been campaigning for Ebeneezer Scrooge Data since 2016. He can be a 3* for all I care!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I for one hope they don't begin introducing new crew via Campaigns. That said, I have also been campaigning for Ebeneezer Scrooge Data since 2016. He can be a 3* for all I care!

Curious why u would not want new crew in a campaign? It would be guaranteed that no one would already have it. Sales would be up and everyone would I would think be happy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Agreed. I do not want the campaigns used as a vehicle to introduce new crew. Personally, I’d like some of the Decrepit Legendaries from long ago. While that may not be a realistic outcome for a campaign, it’s just my “want” on it.

On a side note, I support adding Scrooge Data!

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

Agreed. I do not want the campaigns used as a vehicle to introduce new crew. Personally, I’d like some of the Decrepit Legendaries from long ago. While that may not be a realistic outcome for a campaign, it’s just my “want” on it.

I do like the idea of putting in legendaries that people could have gotten 1/5 of in an event but I would also occasionally like a brand new crew person too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do like the idea of putting in legendaries that people could have gotten 1/5 of in an event but I would also occasionally like a brand new crew person too.

I support the idea of new crew in a campaign. Beats passing up on Tuesday pack roulette.

• Options

Curious why u would not want new crew in a campaign? It would be guaranteed that no one would already have it. Sales would be up and everyone would I would think be happy.

Same reason I don't want new crew added via the Daily Mission rewards. I'm looking for mechanisms that let me finish fusing crew I already have. These are chances for me to make some admittedly minor headway. If they're replaced with new crew, then I go back to treading water while new water is being dumped into the pool with me. It's counterproductive.

I hear that but counter with how annoying it is when the new campaign is announced and it is someone you already have at 5/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Same reason I don't want new crew added via the Daily Mission rewards. I'm looking for mechanisms that let me finish fusing crew I already have. These are chances for me to make some admittedly minor headway. If they're replaced with new crew, then I go back to treading water while new water is being dumped into the pool with me. It's counterproductive.

I hear that but counter with how annoying it is when the new campaign is announced and it is someone you already have at 5/5.

I don't have enough 5/5's to worry about that anytime soon. I'd name the few I have, but I fear that would jinx me.