Home The Bridge
Options

December Campaign - Thoughts and hopes?

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I doubt that the delay has something to do with any sort of spoiler avoidance.

At this point I speculate about the following options:

1. They abandoned the concept as it turned out to damage their overall turnover.
    2. They planned to introduce something new (different reward structure, more than 100 tiers, a second premium track, a new character) but could not finish it in time.
    3. They want to surprise us with something special but not before December 1st, like some sort of Adventcalendar. This would mean that the December campaign would start on Sunday only instead of Thursday though. With the current schedule lots of people had cleared their December campaign before Christmas already which might feel bitter to some.
    4. Like (3) but nothing special, just adjusting the timing to make sure that there will be rewards on December 24th and 25th.

I consider the Christmas date reason the most likely, so I expect the campaign to start a few days later than usual.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

1. They abandoned the concept as it turned out to damage their overall turnover.
    2. They planned to introduce something new (different reward structure, more than 100 tiers, a second premium track, a new character) but could not finish it in time.
    3. They want to surprise us with something special but not before December 1st, like some sort of Adventcalendar. This would mean that the December campaign would start on Sunday only instead of Thursday though. With the current schedule lots of people had cleared their December campaign before Christmas already which might feel bitter to some.
    4. Like (3) but nothing special, just adjusting the timing to make sure that there will be rewards on December 24th and 25th.

I consider the Christmas date reason the most likely, so I expect the campaign to start a few days later than usual.

I think maybe number 3 but just to align the start date with the start of the month.
  • Options
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Maybe they are planning a tie in with the December Mega-Event and the required artwork isn't ready yet.

I can just see Shan up with her manager saying " I know we want to link in to the Picard Mega-Event but I really don't think Mirror Jean-Luc Picard is a good idea for the campaign. You're not the one that has to deal with all the tantrums."

If they do that....well @Banjo1012
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I doubt they are abandoning the idea of campaigns. Pretty sure no one hates them

This is going to change in a hurry XD
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Maybe they are planning a tie in with the December Mega-Event and the required artwork isn't ready yet.

I see that as a very likely possibility. Also maybe they are trying hard to get the permission to add some teaser content from the new Picard show even before it airs. We will see soon...

• Options
    I'm getting excited with all the cool ideas and anticipation.

How cool would it be if we got one 4* and two 5*, one MED and one ENG.

I'd like to see a break from either the DIP or COM stats and balance out the voyage stats a little.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Weird. So far the next campaign has been announced a week before the end of the current campaign. Late for 3 days now. Hoping they have an announcement tonight together with the 5* reward for next week's event.

Probably a delay because its the start of a new mega and theres a connection between the campaign and the mega?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

5 - Someone left and they're one designer short and really have nothing ready. I don't believe in any unannounced surprise or new concept, it doesn't make sense as this is something they would tell us at least a week in advance as usual, but the campaign not being ready is totally in line with the "TBD" character for the next event.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ren~ wrote: »

5 - Someone left and they're one designer short and really have nothing ready. I don't believe in any unannounced surprise or new concept, it doesn't make sense as this is something they would tell us at least a week in advance as usual, but the campaign not being ready is totally in line with the "TBD" character for the next event.

Having existing character images animated as the Campaign rewards should be a copy & paste job of 5 minutes. I do not even believe there has to be a designer involved.

/edit: Ready or not - the first announcement always used to be plain text anyway.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    The holiday season is pretty hectic. It doesn't surprise me if some things are a tad off schedule.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Also, lets not forget the campaigns run on a 4 weekly schedule but are talked of in calendar month terms.

There are thirteen 4-week blocks in a year, and 12 calendar months, so this campaign may not start until the first week in December to allow for that.

I'm certainly not averse to the odd week off from them, just be nice for it to be communicated though.
  • Options
    my preferences in order:
    Humbled Archer (didn't chase him in event, didn't realize how good he was)
    Boothby Replicant (on my citation short list)
    Mountaineer Spock
    HMS Pinafore Data

Survivalist Kirk honorable mention because of being such a great event crew, but since we already got a free copy I don't think that's realistic. Would be funny if they threw a santa hat on his head for some temporary seasonal art though.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Mountaineer Spock is one of my guesses if DB tries to keep it seasonal. (I know for the Southern Hemisphere, it is summer, but ya’ll are weird. 😉 j/k)

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Speaking of December crew, we were all given holiday gifts last two years of a year-ish old 1/5 : Will Scarlett (2017, 52 weeks old) and Niners Sisko (2018, 56 weeks old). Of course, we might all get lumps of coal. But, if you're interested in speculating a year-ish old 5* holiday gift, here's your pool of contenders:
    11/05 H.M.S. Pinafore Data [beloved main character established to be in Picard series]
    11/06 Commodore Robert April
    11/12 Weyoun Clone 6
    11/13 Joseph Sisko [parent of a main character]
    11/13 Prince Bashir [Game of Thrones enticement freebie]
    11/19 Captain Spock [featured in a Campaign]
    11/20 Survivalist Kirk [recent "come back" enticement/apology for "come back" enticement freebie]
    11/26 Layna
    11/27 Armus [almost certainly not, being a Gauntlet exclusive]
    11/27 Mirror Sulu
    12/03 Mountaineer Spock [30th anniversary of that movie, but that was in June so whatever]
    12/04 Away Team Michael Burnham [a Burnham]
    12/04 Sergey and Helena Rozhenko [parents of a main character]
    12/06 Etana Jol [December mega recurring 5*; hopefully not, given Picard Campaign backlash]
    12/10 Sphere-Builder Presage
    12/17 Humbled Archer
    12/18 Boothby Replicant
    12/24 High Roller Sisko [featured in a Campaign]
    12/25 Juliana Tainer [parent of a beloved main character established to be in Picard series]
    12/31 Warship EMA

Tuxedo Nog was added a month before this pool, and was already given to everyone because of the event reward paradigm shift, but I think he might make for an appropriate holiday gift this year.

Prince Bashir, Tuxedo Nog and Mountaineer Spock sound like the most plausible to me. Prince Bashir would be really nice, given that lots of players probably have him at 2/5*.

But personally I'd love if it was the Sphere-Builder Presage.

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Prince Bashir please ... I citied him to 5/5 (pretty decent voyager) already :)
    Tuxedo Nog would be excellent.

One's I'd like:
    - Sphere-Builder Presage (to help complete the Delphic Expanse collection and a solid voyager).
    - Away Team Burnham (skill combo for voyages).

But a lot of good options really.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    No Prince Bashir please ... I citied him to 5/5 (pretty decent voyager) already :)

One's I'd like:
    - Sphere-Builder Presage (to help complete the Delphic Expanse collection and a solid voyager).

Away Team Burnham would be great!!

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »

One's I'd like:

Away Team Burnham would be great!!

FO Burnham!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used up the 5* citation from the current campaign a couple days ago because it was the final piece of a long project that got me not only the 25/25 on Spit and Bailing Wire but also another tier of reward from The Wild West, but I'm sitting on 49K Honor and will get over 50K tonight, but I'm sitting on that citation until the announcements for December, just in case either of my next two citation projects end up featured in the December campaign.

I would advise people not actively working on an immediate project to exercise some restraint/patience.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I used up the 5* citation from the current campaign a couple days ago because it was the final piece of a long project that got me not only the 25/25 on Spit and Bailing Wire but also another tier of reward from The Wild West, but I'm sitting on 49K Honor and will get over 50K tonight, but I'm sitting on that citation until the announcements for December, just in case either of my next two citation projects end up featured in the December campaign.

I would advise people not actively working on an immediate project to exercise some restraint/patience.

i was also trying to hold out through a No Cite November just in case they decide to sell the honor premium packs again this year...but then Rand went up for sale and i tried to FTM her! :)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

i was also trying to hold out through a No Cite November just in case they decide to sell the honor premium packs again this year...but then Rand went up for sale and i tried to FTM her! :)

I can absolutely get behind a fun project like that :)
  • Options
    I assume this will be announced today...
  • Options
    I wish they'd get on with it. I check every day.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume this will be announced today...

I wouldn’t count on it. Still waiting for the campaign and for them to most likely bump everyone up an event reward tier. They have their hands full and usually don’t move with a swiftness

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 2 days left and no idea what next weeks Legendary is? Or the campaign? Or what's going to happen over the next few months?
    This is a worrying lack of communication.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 2 days left and no idea what next weeks Legendary is? Or the campaign? Or what's going to happen over the next few months?

I was wondering myself if this was a sign of the state of the game

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this is new DB strategy to make things interesting. Lot of us here complained about thing being tedious, boring, predictable, too many faction events... and so on.

Now everybody is jumpy.. who is TBD character? Who will be in the new campaign? Will there be a new campaign? When is a new mega starting? Is there some new event type developed?

Now this kind of thing you can't calculate in some spreadsheet. You just have to wait.

Isn't that interesting? :)
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Now this kind of thing you can't calculate in some spreadsheet. You just have to wait.

Is that a challenge :D
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    who is TBD character?

The Borg Danceteam, I thought we covered that already ;)