Home The Bridge
Options

December Campaign - Thoughts and hopes?

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not particularly fond of the Birthday campaigns... seems kind of uninspired. Plus it gave us a Guinan campaign, which is a big yawn for me. Though, I actually am glad they didn't go with a Nog event... smacks of profiting off of a death. I think their solution was just fine.

How about a Christmas themed one? You could have Data as Scrooge from Devil's Due, and Helen Noel from Dagger of the Mind.

I for one hope they don't begin introducing new crew via Campaigns. That said, I have also been campaigning for Ebeneezer Scrooge Data since 2016. He can be a 3* for all I care!

Curious why u would not want new crew in a campaign? It would be guaranteed that no one would already have it. Sales would be up and everyone would I would think be happy.

Same reason I don't want new crew added via the Daily Mission rewards. I'm looking for mechanisms that let me finish fusing crew I already have. These are chances for me to make some admittedly minor headway. If they're replaced with new crew, then I go back to treading water while new water is being dumped into the pool with me. It's counterproductive.

I hear that but counter with how annoying it is when the new campaign is announced and it is someone you already have at 5/5.

I don't have enough 5/5's to worry about that anytime soon. I'd name the few I have, but I fear that would jinx me.

Yeah, don't do that just before next campaign is announced. That is just asking for trouble.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I'm not particularly fond of the Birthday campaigns... seems kind of uninspired. Plus it gave us a Guinan campaign, which is a big yawn for me. Though, I actually am glad they didn't go with a Nog event... smacks of profiting off of a death. I think their solution was just fine.

How about a Christmas themed one? You could have Data as Scrooge from Devil's Due, and Helen Noel from Dagger of the Mind.

I for one hope they don't begin introducing new crew via Campaigns. That said, I have also been campaigning for Ebeneezer Scrooge Data since 2016. He can be a 3* for all I care!

Curious why u would not want new crew in a campaign? It would be guaranteed that no one would already have it. Sales would be up and everyone would I would think be happy.

Same reason I don't want new crew added via the Daily Mission rewards. I'm looking for mechanisms that let me finish fusing crew I already have. These are chances for me to make some admittedly minor headway. If they're replaced with new crew, then I go back to treading water while new water is being dumped into the pool with me. It's counterproductive.

I hear that but counter with how annoying it is when the new campaign is announced and it is someone you already have at 5/5.

I don't have enough 5/5's to worry about that anytime soon. I'd name the few I have, but I fear that would jinx me.

Yeah, don't do that just before next campaign is announced. That is just asking for trouble.

Oh, I have no intention of ever doing it. (I still haven't worked out if I'm actually superstitious or just enjoy playing at it.)
  • Options

Oh, I have no intention of ever doing it. (I still haven't worked out if I'm actually superstitious or just enjoy playing at it.)

70fbqafsbx6d.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Drumroll please................
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, will there be an announcement today? It is bedtime soon, and I can't wait... ;)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they normally announce on Friday. Sleep well, knowing that Shan will post that your favorite 1/5 will be the next campaign legendary. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I think they normally announce on Friday. Sleep well, knowing that Shan will post that your favorite 1/5 will be the next campaign legendary. :)

Usually it is on Thursday, but if it turns out as you suggest even Saturday will do. 🥳

/edit: Warship EMA anyone?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

Usually it is on Thursday, but if it turns out as you suggest even Saturday will do. 🥳

I think it was Thursday one week (last week?) because Shan was off work the next day. But hey, if it's today, then I'd love to end the suspense. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that... It was this one when she was out on Friday:
    Shan wrote: »
    Posting this today as I am unavailable tomorrow.

Event Name: Secrets in the Desert
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought campaign announcements were on Tuesday’s?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I thought campaign announcements were on Tuesday’s?

They are.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six of the last seven have been announced on a Thursday.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    one week before end ...

"A reminder that the current Campaign will end on Thursday, September 5 at 12:59am ET (04:59 UTC)! You still have one week to participate and win some great rewards, including crew."

"Our current Campaign will end on Thursday, October 3 at 12:59am ET (04:59 UTC)! You still have one week to participate and win some awesome rewards."

"Our current Campaign will end on Thursday, October 31 at 12:59am ET (04:59 UTC)! You still have one week to participate and win some awesome rewards."

etc.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    one week before end ...

"A reminder that the current Campaign will end on Thursday, September 5 at 12:59am ET (04:59 UTC)! You still have one week to participate and win some great rewards, including crew."

"Our current Campaign will end on Thursday, October 3 at 12:59am ET (04:59 UTC)! You still have one week to participate and win some awesome rewards."

"Our current Campaign will end on Thursday, October 31 at 12:59am ET (04:59 UTC)! You still have one week to participate and win some awesome rewards."

etc.

That doesn’t say who is in the next campaign though

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    one week before end ...

etc.

The whole messages did, @RaraRacing just shortened them. You can still check them out in the Starfleet Communications.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one week before end ...

etc.

The whole messages did, @RaraRacing just shortened them. You can still check them out in the Starfleet Communications.

Oh gotcha! My bad

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we're not getting a campaign next month.
  • Options
    This is really weird. We usually hear something by now. Surely they're not ending the campaigns
  • Options
    I bet the delay is related to the sign-in issue.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This is really weird. We usually hear something by now. Surely they're not ending the campaigns

Yeah its weird, since its not that DB is currently heavily busy with other stuff, like log in issues and so on. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Shy suggestions:

4* Jhamel (New), 5* Lissan (Existing) - Campaign Name "BeCold!" (Since it's Christmas time)
    4* Eris (New), 5* Weyoun Clone 7 (New) - CN "Vorta Vortex"
    4* First Officer Saru (Existing), 5* First Officer Burnham (Existing) - CN "Latest Number Ones"
    4* Niners Nog (New), 5* Niners Sisko (Existing) - CN "Keep Your EYE On Da BALL!"
    4* Donatra (Existing), 5* Commander Madden (New) - CN "Maddening Alliance"
    4* Commander Barclay (Existing), 5* Admiral "Future" Janeway (Existing) - CN "Endyear" (Since the year is ending, butt not the game)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Can't wait to get 5* citation tomorrow. I hope I don't put it on crew that will turn up to be the crew for December campaign.
  • Options
    Can't wait to get 5* citation tomorrow. I hope I don't put it on crew that will turn up to be the crew for December campaign.

I usually wait until after campaigns and megas are announced to avoid the possibility of that happening. You don't have to spend citations right away. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    The campaign could be tied to the mega event and Shan wants to do a big announcement of everything all at once.

That would be my guess too. It might all be Picard-themed or it may be tied to the new reward system that we were asked feedback for a few weeks ago.
  • Options

I usually wait until after campaigns and megas are announced to avoid the possibility of that happening. You don't have to spend citations right away. :)

Plus there's the December mega-event. You may want to cite the recurring Legendary in that. Also worth noting is the possibility of an Honor Hall sale in December. It may be prudent to wait until then to decide whom to cite.
  • Options

Yeah its weird, since its not that DB is currently heavily busy with other stuff, like log in issues and so on. ;)

When I made my comment I had no idea there were sign-in issues.
  • Options
    The campaign could be tied to the mega event and Shan wants to do a big announcement of everything all at once.

That would be my guess too. It might all be Picard-themed or it may be tied to the new reward system that we were asked feedback for a few weeks ago.

But no show yet so would they do characters off of the trailers? Unless it is just gonna be old Picards. I think far more likely something else.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

But no show yet so would they do characters off of the trailers? Unless it is just gonna be old Picards. I think far more likely something else.

I was not playing before Discover started, but I think that's exactly what happened. DB created cards from characters in the trailer. I expect that to happen this time, regardless of whether or not it happened before.
    Farewell 🖖