Home The Bridge
Options

December Campaign - Thoughts and hopes?

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
I imagine most people would have cracked T50 by now. No better time to start talking about next month's campaign and some interesting themes! :)

The most obvious theme would be a Christmas/Festive theme (though I suspect that the mega would also be themed similarly). Also I'm still personally hoping for a Nog campaign. I know they made him the permanent icon for the Ferengi Alliance faction but hes still missing a 4* and a commemorative campaign card would be interesting.

If we go with birthdays (a-la Guinan campaign), December sees the birthday of Worf, Kim and Uhura. Uhura would be a fun character combo (Gunslinger and Commander?)

What are your thoughts and hopes?

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I should like a crew I don't want so I won't spend money.
  • Options
    I’d support a 5* character who features in the collections.

Some are extremely difficult to come across.
  • Options
    Sexy Alice wrote: »
    I’d support a 5* character who features in the collections.

Some are extremely difficult to come across.

A 5* with the jury rigger trait would be nice :smiley:
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Egg Nog-cember?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time for Harry Kim to get his first and last campaign, lol. I still kind of want Beowulf Kim.

There is a possibility of a STP mega event, but I'm hoping not. The campaign could also be Picard themed, though I hope they wait until January for that.

Last year's December mega event was holiday themed (and we'll done). If they want to do a holiday theme for the campaign, that's fine. I'd just rather they not do another winter holiday mega event.

I think the OP's Uhura idea is my second choice behind Kim. Uhura works any time of year, so if they don't do it next month, it can still work later. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a possibility of a STP mega event

Cool, maybe the DeLeo brothers can be the featured crew!
  • Options
    Dancing uhura and commander gets my vote.

There is always a classic trek film on tv over xmas too
  • Options
    I would love for the December Campaign to be Ferengi Themed. ;)
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    January being Picard themed makes more sense.
    Christmas themed could be DaVinci (kind of looks like Santa) and Prisoner O'Brien...
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you all suggesting some of the worst crew in the game? :D We already had Guinan as a dud this month, some better crew would be welcome...

Out of OP's suggestion, only Governor Worf isn't hot garbage. And we're still missing a MED primary, so one would be really welcome.

I don't think DB is desperate enough to celebrate religious events in the Star Trek universe so fortunately the Christmas theme is a no-no.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Why are you all suggesting some of the worst crew in the game? :D We already had Guinan as a dud this month, some better crew would be welcome...

Out of OP's suggestion, only Governor Worf isn't hot garbage. And we're still missing a MED primary, so one would be really welcome.

I don't think DB is desperate enough to celebrate religious events in the Star Trek universe so fortunately the Christmas theme is a no-no.

It is a good point that we are due for a good one. I have Gladiator Spock, Science Officer Spock, and Humbled Archer at 1/5. Those would all be solid. But it's DB. So how about Polywater Yar? We're due to grab our pitchforks soon, anyway.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Or maybe do one of the several “characters holding drinks or food” crew? It’s festive and party-like without tying directly in to any specific holiday.

May I suggest Cheesecake Seven as being a particularly fine example of that theme? 😉

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Reverend Phlox would hit the holiday theme and the MED primary sufficiently?

Yes please!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know that another holiday-themed campaign is all that attractive. If they went that route they could conceivably go with a new 5* Nexus Picard, and then double-dip on themes by having Nexus Kirk as the 4* crew (since Generations’ 25th anniversary is next week). They’re probably not going to do that (and if they did he’d probably be on the weak side anyway), so perhaps instead of a “Christmas” theme they would do a “family” theme with The Rozhenkos as the 5* and maybe Author Jake Sisko as the 4*?

I think a Doctor-themed campaign would be great. From a purely selfish standpoint (going through my 1/5* doctors), Mirror Troi or Merry Men Crusher would be nice for the 5* crew. Sulan or Defensive Phlox would be nice as well, although either would have gauntlet implications. I’d take a Dr. Katherine Pulaski or Surgeon Pulaski, and maybe an Alternate Future Bashir or even the Virtuoso Doctor. I could also see Humbled Archer doing well.
    I think it's time for Harry Kim to get his first and last campaign, lol. I still kind of want Beowulf Kim.

Beowulf Kim joined a very, very short list of new 5* crew I sent on an unassisted spacewalk a little while back when he dropped from a merit pack. I understand if you really liked the episode and/or Harry Kim in general, but his stats are so putrescent I figured I wouldn’t even take him in an otherwise all-immortal behold, never mind use citations to finish him. To each their own!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Voyager is the only show not to have a crew featured in a campaign yet, so that could be an option, with Picard on deck for the new year to coincide with the launch of his new show.

I can't think of any festive or 'giving' Voyager crew options off the top of my head. Janeway was recently featured in a mega, so maybe some of the secondary crew, who were basically her elves? haha

Given that his birthday also happens to fall in December, Kim could work - Captain/Beowulf as the 5* and Taresian/Rogue as the 4*? Not the most enticing campaign...
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Beowulf Kim joined a very, very short list of new 5* crew I sent on an unassisted spacewalk a little while back when he dropped from a merit pack. I understand if you really liked the episode and/or Harry Kim in general, but his stats are so putrescent I figured I wouldn’t even take him in an otherwise all-immortal behold, never mind use citations to finish him. To each their own!

That's quite an odd statement after suggesting the Rozhenkos... Anyone not having unlimited funds for crew slots should send them to the trash can ASAP.

Overall after reading this thread I'm really puzzled by half of the requests asking for some of the most awful cards in the game. If you want a doctor, why not shoot for the stars and ask for warship EMA instead of bottom tier crew?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'd take a Flying home for Christmas themed campaign, wouldn't mind either finishing Aviator Yar or unlocking RAF O'Brien.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a theme that goes unnamed: 4* Solbor and 5* Rogue Kai Winn.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    That's quite an odd statement after suggesting the Rozhenkos... Anyone not having unlimited funds for crew slots should send them to the trash can ASAP.

Overall after reading this thread I'm really puzzled by half of the requests asking for some of the most awful cards in the game. If you want a doctor, why not shoot for the stars and ask for warship EMA instead of bottom tier crew?

Hey, I asked for Cheesecake Seven!

My guess is that nobody asks for stuff like Cheesecake Seven or Warship EMA because they think the chance of getting them is nil, and they don’t want to set themselves up for disappointment.

Therefore, they suggest things like the Rozhenkos, because if that’s where they set their expectations, almost anything else will be a pleasant surprise.

That’s my wild guess, anyway.
  • Options
    I saw Garrett Wang at a convention and it was a good experience. And Beowulf was a good episode. Thus my persistence in that regard.

And I'll argue that Mirror Troi, Rev Phlox, and Defensive Phlox aren't that inferior to Warship EMA. I would hate to see gauntlet walls or Defensive Phlox, so please don't do that one, DB.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Phlox, Defense Phlox, and EMA are all in the list of top doctors for some aspect of the game. I know less about troi, but no one should complain about any of the rest.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I saw Garrett Wang at a convention and it was a good experience. And Beowulf was a good episode. Thus my persistence in that regard.

And I'll argue that Mirror Troi, Rev Phlox, and Defensive Phlox aren't that inferior to Warship EMA. I would hate to see gauntlet walls or Defensive Phlox, so please don't do that one, DB.

I agree with you, they're all good crew (except beowulf kim). I understand wanting specific cards "for fun". I have a couple of these myself, but I would never, ever suggest having them as campaign cards because I understand it should be something that most of us should be happy with, hence I'm not advocating for Ambassador Soval or Revolutionary Damar. I'm not that selfish, I want them and will pick them in beholds over other stronger crew, but then it's my own problem.
  • Options
    I would absolutely start a second copy if she were the campaign legendary. Troi + Mirror event potential. Plus
    she'll be in the new Picard show
    so there's more potential. She's respectable in gauntlet and good on voyages.

ieenum3p09x4.png
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I am 100% behind Phlox being in a campaign, but I'd rather see Au Naturel & Feezal for February, even though he's a SCI primary and I already have her FFFE.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport