Home Engineering Room
Options

Cannot create a thread yet but have an issue? Please post here :)

Comments

• Options
    TMirTMir ✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    TMir wrote: »
    Simple question regarding client version 8.1.0. Has the problem that causes my GPU to run flat out when running the game been fixed yet? Reported it many times, but still no fix. Thanks.

With each update there can be performance enhancement but I cannot guarantee that that specific issue has been resolved.

Finding the root cause for some issues can unfortunately be difficult.

Shran: Thanks for getting back to me. The particular problem I am having is very easy to replicate and appears on both my PC and my mobile device (both have upgraded graphics capabilities). It requires no user interaction. While I understand that some problems can be hard to diagnose (I wrote software professionally for over 30 years) I would like to think that diagnosing this one would be straightforward. Here's how to duplicate it on a PC:
    1. 1. Start Task Manager.
    2. 2. Start game, get through intro and welcome ads.
    3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.
    5. 5. Flip to Task manager and observe graphics utilization by STT.

I've seen anecdotal evidence on the web and in UC that leads me to believe this problem is seem widely by players, your customers.

Hopefully you can determine whether this issue has been addressed. If it has, great. If not, perhaps you could get it prioritized for the next client release. Either way, I will let you know about my experience with 8.1.1 once it rolls out.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.
  • Options
    TMirTMir ✭✭
    Simple question regarding client version 8.1.0. Has the problem that causes my GPU to run flat out when running the game been fixed yet? Reported it many times, but still no fix. Thanks.

With each update there can be performance enhancement but I cannot guarantee that that specific issue has been resolved.

Shran: Thanks for getting back to me. The particular problem I am having is very easy to replicate and appears on both my PC and my mobile device (both have upgraded graphics capabilities). It requires no user interaction. While I understand that some problems can be hard to diagnose (I wrote software professionally for over 30 years) I would like to think that diagnosing this one would be straightforward. Here's how to duplicate it on a PC:
    3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

I've seen anecdotal evidence on the web and in UC that leads me to believe this problem is seem widely by players, your customers.

Hopefully you can determine whether this issue has been addressed. If it has, great. If not, perhaps you could get it prioritized for the next client release. Either way, I will let you know about my experience with 8.1.1 once it rolls out.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:
    I have just updated to 8.1.1 and am sorry to report that the GPU utilization defect has not been fixed (at least on my PC).

I would hope that this defect would be an easy one to find and remediate. Spending time on it will help with your technical debt.

From my perspective as a player, I try to minimize my game time because my GPU fans run flat out when I am playing (normally they are silent). On my mobile device I worry about draining the battery on the device.

Folks might play more if their mobile batteries lasted longer.

Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has to do with the Windows/Microsoft purchases or another issue: I'm not seeing an Earn Dilithium button when I go to the Dilithium tab. Is it unavailable for the time being due to their issue or something else?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has to do with the Windows/Microsoft purchases or another issue: I'm not seeing an Earn Dilithium button when I go to the Dilithium tab. Is it unavailable for the time being due to their issue or something else?

That option is only available on android devices.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

That option is only available on android devices.

… which does not contribute to a level playing field for everyone. Ads (loot/chrons) only for mobile OS’s were bad enough, but dilithium can & has been used to win events.

Does fairness enter your team’s discussion regarding such changes to the game?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    TMirTMir ✭✭

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:
    I have just updated to 8.1.1 and am sorry to report that the GPU utilization defect has not been fixed (at least on my PC).

I would hope that this defect would be an easy one to find and remediate. Spending time on it will help with your technical debt.

From my perspective as a player, I try to minimize my game time because my GPU fans run flat out when I am playing (normally they are silent). On my mobile device I worry about draining the battery on the device.

Thanks for your time.

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

I have two things today.
    First, my apologies for misspelling your name. I am not sure how that 'r' keeps slipping in there.

Second, I have not seen any followup on this item since the initial post. I would like to have an update on this GPU utilization issue, which I am tagging as TMIR_GPU to make it easier to search for comments.

Shan, thanks for your time.
    TMir
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

I have two things today.
    First, my apologies for misspelling your name. I am not sure how that 'r' keeps slipping in there.

Second, I have not seen any followup on this item since the initial post. I would like to have an update on this GPU utilization issue, which I am tagging as TMIR_GPU to make it easier to search for comments.

TMir

No worries about misspelling my name, you are not the first and you will not be the last :)
    I do not have an update on this issue, and I do not know when I will have one.
    I will bring it up as part of our regular feedback sessions.
  • Options
    TMirTMir ✭✭

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

I have two things today.

TMir

No worries about misspelling my name, you are not the first and you will not be the last :)

Hi Shan:
    It has been well over 2 weeks since your last post on this item. I am hoping you can provide us with some good news in relation to the TMIR_GPU issue. For example, is the issue in the hands of development yet? Was it discussed at the most recent feedback session? If not, how can we get this issue prioritized?

(Yes, I know you are probably quite busy dealing with load issues today (DDoS?). I understand that those issues need to be addressed first, but I would like to keep this item "top of mind".

Cheers,
    T'Mir.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

3. 3. Maximize window.
    4. 4. Wait.

Thanks for your time.
    T'Mir.

Shran:

Thanks for your time.

I have two things today.

TMir

Hi Shan:
    It has been well over 2 weeks since your last post on this item. I am hoping you can provide us with some good news in relation to the TMIR_GPU issue. For example, is the issue in the hands of development yet? Was it discussed at the most recent feedback session? If not, how can we get this issue prioritized?

(Yes, I know you are probably quite busy dealing with load issues today (DDoS?). I understand that those issues need to be addressed first, but I would like to keep this item "top of mind".

Cheers,
    T'Mir.

Hi T'mir

I do not have an update for this.
    What I would suggest is to create a separate thread in this category for other players to share their experience. That will give us a better idea of how many players could be affected and how - and allow to gather additional details. Thank you!

• Options
    I am getting this pop up whenever I sign into your game, I go through facebook, its constantly popping up disrupting play.
    This content is no longer available
    The content you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

It's really annoying since I have to keep clicking it closed to continue playing the game.
    at this time it is NOT cutting off the game. That may change at sometime in the future.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelli wrote: »
    I am getting this pop up whenever I sign into your game, I go through facebook, its constantly popping up disrupting play.
    The content you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

It's really annoying since I have to keep clicking it closed to continue playing the game.
    at this time it is NOT cutting off the game. That may change at sometime in the future.

Not sure if it is the same error, but it looks like someone else is also having trouble with Facebook. You may want to check this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18486/just-a-heads-up-if-you-are-having-game-issues-playing-on-facebook#latest
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelli wrote: »

Hi Kelli, you should now have the ability to create your own discussions as needed :)
    You will need to sign out and sign back in.

As for the Facebook issue, I see some reports that it is no longer happening, so it might have been solved even though we have not received an official update.
  • Options
    Hello! I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. The game HUD looks pretty smashed together. Will there be an update to fix this?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. The game HUD looks pretty smashed together. Will there be an update to fix this?

Hello and welcome!
    Would you mind posting some screenshots of what you are seeing?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you! Please see the zflip3 images below. . 4yzbqwr0xo2i.jpg
    unxqc60w5xdp.jpg
    zwv6xauh4s42.jpg
    szkgi2u43alz.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Please see the zflip3 images below. .

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Shan
    I have a voyage that is stuck at the 12 hour dilemma and has been for two hours. Placed a ticket and no response yet. I was relying on those chronitons to maintain my place in the rankings on the current event, and add on top of that whatever benefit I would have received for the 12 hour dilemma. I was in the top 500 and have now lost 2+ hours of productive time in the event and my ranking will plummet accordingly.

I am well aware from past experience that the most likely response from CS when I do eventually hear from them will simply be to recall the voyage and send me on my not so merry way and say that they can’t do anything else.

To be perfectly clear, I am furious.

I very rarely ever attempt to rank. Gary Mitchell is a card that I decided to go after for multiple reasons and that is now down the toilet.

I tried to message you privately about this, but the message system simply wouldn’t let me, so I am doing so via this unfortunately and regrettably public thread.

Please understand that I feel well and truly Rat 🤬.

If The Powers That Be would like me to even consider spending any more real world dollars I would like this addressed and I feel fairly comfortable in saying that I am far from the only person who is sick and tired of the voyage bug.

It needs to be fixed, full stop.

Or the process for customer resolution when it invariably and repeatedly happens needs to be far more equitable than it has in the past.

In the meantime, I will happily go FTP and not spend anymore money.

I apologize to you personally for venting on an open thread; but as I stated, I repeatedly tried to reach out to you via private message to avoid doing so and the system simply would not let me.

Commodore Pack out.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Shan
    I have a voyage that is stuck at the 12 hour dilemma and has been for two hours. Placed a ticket and no response yet. I was relying on those chronitons to maintain my place in the rankings on the current event, and add on top of that whatever benefit I would have received for the 12 hour dilemma. I was in the top 500 and have now lost 2+ hours of productive time in the event and my ranking will plummet accordingly.

I am well aware from past experience that the most likely response from CS when I do eventually hear from them will simply be to recall the voyage and send me on my not so merry way and say that they can’t do anything else.

I very rarely ever attempt to rank. Gary Mitchell is a card that I decided to go after for multiple reasons and that is now down the toilet.

I tried to message you privately about this, but the message system simply wouldn’t let me, so I am doing so via this unfortunately and regrettably public thread.

If The Powers That Be would like me to even consider spending any more real world dollars I would like this addressed and I feel fairly comfortable in saying that I am far from the only person who is sick and tired of the voyage bug.

Or the process for customer resolution when it invariably and repeatedly happens needs to be far more equitable than it has in the past.

I apologize to you personally for venting on an open thread; but as I stated, I repeatedly tried to reach out to you via private message to avoid doing so and the system simply would not let me.

Commodore Pack out.

I get the frustration.
    And it is fine to vent, within reason and respectfully of course :)

I am sorry this is happening to you.
    That issue is being looked at but it is one of our most puzzling issues unfortunately.

As for compensation when something like this happens, we've made improvements as well.

You always have the option to recall the voyage yourself, if you do so, take a screenshot of what your accumulated rewards were, then recall.

Update your ticket with the relevant screenshots and explain the circumstances (revives done and how), this will allow Support to get a good idea on how to make things better for you.

I have hopes that we will get to the bottom of the issue, it is one of our priorities due to how it negatively impacts players.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Shan

Commodore Pack out.

I get the frustration.
    And it is fine to vent, within reason and respectfully of course :)

I am sorry this is happening to you.
    That issue is being looked at but it is one of our most puzzling issues unfortunately.

As for compensation when something like this happens, we've made improvements as well.

You always have the option to recall the voyage yourself, if you do so, take a screenshot of what your accumulated rewards were, then recall.

Update your ticket with the relevant screenshots and explain the circumstances (revives done and how), this will allow Support to get a good idea on how to make things better for you.

I have hopes that we will get to the bottom of the issue, it is one of our priorities due to how it negatively impacts players.

Hello @Shan

Thank you very much for responding, and thank you very much for understanding my frustration.

What made this the worst and really set me off was the fact that I absolutely never try to rank and I decided to simply because of this card; ironically the one that loads of players said they weren’t going to shoot for acquiring! 😂

I will follow your suggestions and take a screenshot, document the revives and all that jazz.

I really do understand that this particular bug has y’all stymied…
    It’s just that I feel that it is far past time for an All Hands On Deck approach to it. It is by far the single most frustrating thing about the game for me.

🖖
    Commodore Pack
  • Options
    I'm not sure where to ask, but I was going to look at the Star Trek Timelines Wiki, but after the home page I keep getting the internal error

[2fd33ac5f18f9a33f43ae57a] 2021-09-26 20:41:15: Fatal exception of type "MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException"

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and how to resolve (or is it as I suspect and a wait and see since it's internal?) Thanks in advance, again I don't know where else to ask
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Vivi_t3ch wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to ask, but I was going to look at the Star Trek Timelines Wiki, but after the home page I keep getting the internal error

[2fd33ac5f18f9a33f43ae57a] 2021-09-26 20:41:15: Fatal exception of type "MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException"

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and how to resolve (or is it as I suspect and a wait and see since it's internal?) Thanks in advance, again I don't know where else to ask

Hi there,
    The wiki is not maintained by us, so unfortunately there nothing much we can do.
    There is a discussion about it here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18587/stt-wiki-down-again
  • Options
    Vivi_t3ch wrote: »

The wiki has moved. sttwiki.org is the new address.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, glad it's all getting fixed up at least. It's a helpful tool and I'd have been sad if it was lost
  • Options
    Hello, I just signed up to the forum. I'm having a problem with my voyages - they seem to be stuck in a causality loop. I'm at 14:00 and supposed to get a dilemma, but the clock keeps running up to 14:20 and then resets back to 14:00. I've tried restarting several times to no effect.
    I'm playing the game on a PC.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I just signed up to the forum. I'm having a problem with my voyages - they seem to be stuck in a causality loop. I'm at 14:00 and supposed to get a dilemma, but the clock keeps running up to 14:20 and then resets back to 14:00. I've tried restarting several times to no effect.
    I'm playing the game on a PC.
    Thanks!

Hello and welcome :)
    I am very sorry you are encountering this issue, it is a bug that we are working on.

If you are in need of the crew that is currently assigned to the voyage, the best option is to recall it but before you do, please make screenshots of the rewards you have accumulated so far, our support team will need them to grant you the rewards. Submit a ticket from within the game, once you received the email confirming your ticket submission, reply to it and attach your screenshots.

If you are not in immediate need of your crew and/or to start a new voyage, please contact Support and they will work with you on the best option but they will not be able to get the voyage going again, unfortunately.

Let me know if something is not clear :)
  • Options
    su3tg6n1yr4o.png

Having an issue with my brand new Pixel 6 Pro and the game. Since I first got it, the game has included the little reset icon button in the bottom right corner. If it gets pushed (accidentally mostly) then it restarts the game. I vaguely remember some tool tip around it the first time I saw it about restarting to go full screen but that doesn't show up any longer. Its in a really awkward spot if I want to scroll through my crew list...

I saw the icon in another game last night when I first started messing around with the phone, but it has disappeared in the other game.

I'm thinking that it might be related to the hole punch camera inside the screen on the Pixel 6 Pro. The game doesn't use a small strip of the screen that's around the hole punch. You can see the black bar on the left of the screenshot that corresponds to this.

The other game that this happened in and resolved itself does use the full screen around the camera.

Is this a game level issue or OS issue? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    su3tg6n1yr4o.png

Having an issue with my brand new Pixel 6 Pro and the game. Since I first got it, the game has included the little reset icon button in the bottom right corner. If it gets pushed (accidentally mostly) then it restarts the game. I vaguely remember some tool tip around it the first time I saw it about restarting to go full screen but that doesn't show up any longer. Its in a really awkward spot if I want to scroll through my crew list...

I saw the icon in another game last night when I first started messing around with the phone, but it has disappeared in the other game.

I'm thinking that it might be related to the hole punch camera inside the screen on the Pixel 6 Pro. The game doesn't use a small strip of the screen that's around the hole punch. You can see the black bar on the left of the screenshot that corresponds to this.

The other game that this happened in and resolved itself does use the full screen around the camera.

Is this a game level issue or OS issue? Any thoughts?

This is not something we've introduced.
    It looks like an OS specification but so far I have not found any information about it.
  • Options

It looks like an OS specification but so far I have not found any information about it.

I've poked around with this a bit more since the post in a few other games. I can't get any of the other games I've tried to reproduce this. But all those other games are using the full screen around the camera hole punch.

When I long press over that button it brings up a tool tip that says "Tap to restart this app and go full screen". According to what I'm reading Timelines should do like the other games do and use the area around the hole punch. But it fails to use the whole screen which means the button just reappears constantly.

I've figured out how to dodge it so its not a huge issue. Just annoying when I'm scrolling the crew list and want to skip to the end quickly and forget.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

I've poked around with this a bit more since the post in a few other games. I can't get any of the other games I've tried to reproduce this. But all those other games are using the full screen around the camera hole punch.

When I long press over that button it brings up a tool tip that says "Tap to restart this app and go full screen". According to what I'm reading Timelines should do like the other games do and use the area around the hole punch. But it fails to use the whole screen which means the button just reappears constantly.

I've figured out how to dodge it so its not a huge issue. Just annoying when I'm scrolling the crew list and want to skip to the end quickly and forget.

Thank you for providing these details!
  • Options
    SleepyDSleepyD
    edited November 2021
    I have a notification flag of 2 in the Time Portal. I am unable to find anything in the Portal. This has been ongoing for the last month.

Playing on Steam using Windows 10

Thanks

m1kou39ec92o.jpg