Home Engineering Room
Options

Cannot create a thread yet but have an issue? Please post here :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    Timelines started crashing to the iOS desktop when it hits "Activating combadge" both on WiFi and cellular. It's on an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.4. It was working earlier today. Restarting my phone didn't help either.
  • Options
    Kafitrar wrote: »
    Hi,
    Timelines started crashing to the iOS desktop when it hits "Activating combadge" both on WiFi and cellular. It's on an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.4. It was working earlier today. Restarting my phone didn't help either.
    I deleted and reloaded the app. I still can’t get past the splash screen.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Did anything else happen maybe, a phone update?
    In any case, please submit a ticket via http://sttsupport.tiltingpoint.com, thank you!
  • Options
    Hi Shan. It was working during the day then later that night it started crashing. A new version of iOS came out yesterday. I installed it, but Timelines still crashes. I submitted a report earlier today. Thanks.
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi,

Did anything else happen maybe, a phone update?
    In any case, please submit a ticket via [link removed], thank you!

• Options
    Since i can't play on my phone, I tried linking the Facebook version to my account, but there's no option to do so. I'm at level 5, but there is no account management option in the Settings like this page (https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216746497-How-do-I-play-Star-Trek-Timelines-on-multiple-devices-or-Facebook-) says.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i can't play on my phone, I tried linking the Facebook version to my account, but there's no option to do so. I'm at level 5, but there is no account management option in the Settings like this page (https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216746497-How-do-I-play-Star-Trek-Timelines-on-multiple-devices-or-Facebook-) says.

Please contact our Support Team so they may look into it with you.
    Provide both DBID numbers and they should be able to sort this out for you. Thank you!
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Hi, the game is shutting down when I go to look at the crew and scroll down to the 7th row. If I stay above the 7th row it's fine and everything else is working fine. This started after I immo'd Gladiator Spock (possibly coincidence?). Am playing on desktop using Windows 10.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Sims wrote: »
    Hi, the game is shutting down when I go to look at the crew and scroll down to the 7th row. If I stay above the 7th row it's fine and everything else is working fine. This started after I immo'd Gladiator Spock (possibly coincidence?). Am playing on desktop using Windows 10.

That seems very odd. I would try restarting your PC. If that doesn't work, then I would submit a help desk ticket to get your issue logged. Include in the ticket any troubleshooting steps you've tried.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Have tried the shut down/restart/kick method so it's send a ticket time. Thanks
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Can someone read this and return my 14hr crashed voyage please?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone read this and return my 14hr crashed voyage please?

Please submit a ticket for this and Support will sort it out for you.
    I am sorry it happened!
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    I did about 16hrs before posting here but thanks anyway.

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did about 16hrs before posting here but thanks anyway.

If you post the ticket number, then @Shan may be able to help you follow up if the issue has not been resolved yet.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Stuck voyage once more at 14hrs with a response/return time of over 16hrs. Once again I can't complete daily stuff for my fleet :(
  • Options
    Need some help for a fleet mate.

He's got a dying laptop. I've recommended a phone to him that I know work taht doesn't cost an arm and a leg, a Xiaomi Redmi 9. I have two of them myself & the game runs well on them both.

He's got the exact same model as me. But he gets the error "there was an error connecting to the remote server, please try again later or contact support if this error persists".
    I remote connected through teamviewer to him and made sure his phone was fully updated and still nothing. Changed google accounts, nothing.

This is a fresh install of the game, on a freshly set up phone. Does anyone know what could cause this and how it can be fixed?
    This was tested on both WiFi & mobile networks - PlusNet & GiffGaff
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar wrote: »

He's got a dying laptop. I've recommended a phone to him that I know work taht doesn't cost an arm and a leg, a Xiaomi Redmi 9. I have two of them myself & the game runs well on them both.

He's got the exact same model as me. But he gets the error "there was an error connecting to the remote server, please try again later or contact support if this error persists".
    I remote connected through teamviewer to him and made sure his phone was fully updated and still nothing. Changed google accounts, nothing.

This is a fresh install of the game, on a freshly set up phone. Does anyone know what could cause this and how it can be fixed?

Hi,

You are both in the same region, and this happens when trying to launch the game while not having signed in at all?
  • Options

Hi,

You are both in the same region, and this happens when trying to launch the game while not having signed in at all?

Yes, Both in the UK. Not the same city, but both in the UK.
    I even tried creating a new google profile, then removing his google account and just using the new one to try to log in, but had the exact same result.
    We installed multiple other games fine (clash of clans for one) and obviously being connected through TeamViewer meant his internet connection was working.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I even tried creating a new google profile, then removing his google account and just using the new one to try to log in, but had the exact same result.
    We installed multiple other games fine (clash of clans for one) and obviously being connected through TeamViewer meant his internet connection was working.

It would be best to submit a ticket.
    It is important to specify if this happens on the very first launch of the game, or later when attempting to log in with credentials.

The ticket should also include the DBID associated with your friend's account.
  • Options

Hi,

It is important to specify if this happens on the very first launch of the game, or later when attempting to log in with credentials.

I'll likely have to do this with him OK. I've never had to raise a ticket from outside the game before.
    Is the link below the correct place to raise it?

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015442367-Contact-Support
    https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=95107

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll likely have to do this with him OK. I've never had to raise a ticket from outside the game before.
    Is the link below the correct place to raise it?

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015442367-Contact-Support
    https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=95107

The second one, yes.
  • Options
    Idea for dealing with voyage bug:

Stop working through and start working around.

As evidenced by iampicard users, the dilemma DOES load as intended, it just fails to render in the client UI.

Therefore, if you can implement a second, backup method of viewing a dilemma that doesn't rely on the same code as the intended rendering does (stick a button, say, in the menu seeing as the manifest left some extra room up there), players will have an option to get past the issue without having to wait for the bug to be squished.

...And if that second method works reliably, just throw away the original and consider the problem solved.
  • Options
    I was unable to launch the game for a while on Windows 10 or Steam. Finally got it to work on BlueStacks and got logged into my account okay but it was not the same DBID number that I had before. How do I get it back? I would also like the game to work on Windows 10 but it's not for some strange reason. I have plenty of memory, ethernet connection, etc.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    uclapeterg wrote: »
    I was unable to launch the game for a while on Windows 10 or Steam. Finally got it to work on BlueStacks and got logged into my account okay but it was not the same DBID number that I had before. How do I get it back? I would also like the game to work on Windows 10 but it's not for some strange reason. I have plenty of memory, ethernet connection, etc.

Hi there,
    I am sorry this is happening to you.
    Please submit a ticket to support with as much details as possible on your correct account and explain what happens when you try to launch the game on Windows10 or Steam.

Thank you!
  • Options
    I have been unable to log into the game at all since yesterday evening. I have a Pixel 4a with android 11. I have no issues getting on with Steam on my PC.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been unable to log into the game at all since yesterday evening. I have a Pixel 4a with android 11. I have no issues getting on with Steam on my PC.

Hi, that is odd.
    Have you contacted our Support Team yet?
    Are you seeing a specific error message when trying on your mobile device?
    Has something changed on your device recently?
  • Options
    not yet.
    No error message the game just won't load
    no changes or updates recently

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    not yet.
    No error message the game just won't load
    no changes or updates recently

I would try removing the app and making a fresh install.
    If that does not help please contact support via the game when playing on Steam.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Yet again a stuck voyage at 14hrs, currently over 12hrs since ticket sent. No more chrons to be earnt before event I guess :(
  • Options
    TMirTMir ✭✭
    Simple question regarding client version 8.1.0. Has the problem that causes my GPU to run flat out when running the game been fixed yet? Reported it many times, but still no fix. Thanks.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    TMir wrote: »
    Simple question regarding client version 8.1.0. Has the problem that causes my GPU to run flat out when running the game been fixed yet? Reported it many times, but still no fix. Thanks.

With each update there can be performance enhancement but I cannot guarantee that that specific issue has been resolved.

Finding the root cause for some issues can unfortunately be difficult.