Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• Ohhhh, what a big advantage , to have a headstart in the campaign, when nearly every player manages to complete the campaign with 5 days rest.

I still can not get it why you are still playing the game, you are complaining about nearly everything. Its bad for your health to be so negative, mate.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh, what a big advantage , to have a headstart in the campaign, when nearly every player manages to complete the campaign with 5 days rest.

I still can not get it why you are still playing the game, you are complaining about nearly everything. Its bad for your health to be so negative, mate.

I think it was merely to point out the similarities of exploiting a programming bug and the difference in reaction from the devs.
    Farewell 🖖
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

"Romantic" theme? Smitten Picard?

Maybe something else? I thought maybe the new Mayweather (1000th crew), but he may be the Tuesday pack.
  • Ohhhh, what a big advantage , to have a headstart in the campaign, when nearly every player manages to complete the campaign with 5 days rest.

I think it was merely to point out the similarities of exploiting a programming bug and the difference in reaction from the devs.

I can fully understand that people are not happy about what happened, but there is no reason to bring it up in each thread.

Could not agree more! Was hoping this would be one thread where we can stay on topic.
    Because of the debacle yesterday, we likely won't see a Campaign announcement until next week, possibly Tuesday at the earliest given that Monday is a holiday.
  • Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    Monday's a holiday?

You work at a bank, don't you?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh, what a big advantage , to have a headstart in the campaign, when nearly every player manages to complete the campaign with 5 days rest.

I can fully understand that people are not happy about what happened, but there is no reason to bring it up in each thread.

A single, very specific point was made in this thread that directly relates to campaigns, and the inconsistencies with which TP has addressed known exploits.

Frankly speaking, the daily achievements glitch during the 1st day of new campaigns is more of an exploit than pressing a newly added button was. The only difference is that the campaign glitch doesn't provide any player benefit in the long run, so TP isn't worried about lost revenue.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    With all the rage here I understand that TP avoided to come out with the next thing to spend money on before the weekend.

But I am very curious how ISM and maybe Qs will be worked into the campaigns. I still hope for endless campaigns with repetetive tiers 100+, so there would be no gap between them any more.

Unless it is extremely disappointing I will probably throw those 10 $ at them.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the next campaign will have Quantum during the track. I like the new feature but the cost/dilithium is atrocious and we have to wait 3 weeks per pop.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the players causing WE REALLY GOOFED/TEST PROPERLY to add a button to an offer has delayed the announcement? We're down to four or five days. And it's the weekend, so today and tomorrow are probably out.....

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if theyre off Presidents Day we won't see an announcement until Tuesday. Is this the latest we've had an announcement in terms of how close to the start?

I'm waiting to do any crew retrieval pulls until I see the announcement as I'm wildly sure that whoever I retrieve this weekend will end up the premium campaign card.
    dext74 wrote: »
    And if theyre off Presidents Day we won't see an announcement until Tuesday. Is this the latest we've had an announcement in terms of how close to the start?

I'm waiting to do any crew retrieval pulls until I see the announcement as I'm wildly sure that whoever I retrieve this weekend will end up the premium campaign card.

Well, that would FF them. So, there is that.

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that would FF them. So, there is that.

🥌🦞

Not when I'm looking to add stars on existing crew to finish off collections...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    With President’s Day coming up what about a President’s collection with either Abraham Lincoln or UFP President Ra-ghoratreii as legendary and President of Earth Mobile Doctor as Super Rare.

Presidents Day (US) is on Monday, 15 February 2021. The next campaign will(?) begin after that date, so I do not think that will be the theme. As to what it could, should, might or will be ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    They usually choose middle of the pack cards - my guess would be something like Conditioned Geordie soon.
  • With President’s Day coming up what about a President’s collection with either Abraham Lincoln or UFP President Ra-ghoratreii as legendary and President of Earth Mobile Doctor as Super Rare.

I thought they may do that back in NOV for the presidential election. I'm back to thinking maybe the new MACO Mayweather as the 1000th crew for the new campaign. Would be good to give folks an opportunity to get several copies of him.
    With President’s Day coming up what about a President’s collection with either Abraham Lincoln or UFP President Ra-ghoratreii as legendary and President of Earth Mobile Doctor as Super Rare.

I thought they may do that back in NOV for the presidential election. I'm back to thinking maybe the new MACO Mayweather as the 1000th crew for the new campaign. Would be good to give folks an opportunity to get several copies of him.

Campaign starts Wednesday or Thursday. That would make MACO Mayweather 1001.

🥌🦞

🥌🦞

Depends on how you count. He probably would be added to vault on wednesday, together with the new crew for the upcoming event. If they don t add any new crew for the tuesday pack, it could fit.

Or, they give him away as 1/5 freebie before the tuesday pack and add him to campaigns so u can get 4 more copies by buying the premium tier.

Well, anything is possible with WRG/TP, I guess. Forgetting to put a new Crew in the Tuesday Pack would be about par for the new course.....

I meant to mention "unless they mail a copy before the Tuesday Pack". Meant to say that. I forgot to proofread, I'm afraid. Probably half asleep.

🥌🦞
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

🥌🦞

Depends on how you count. He probably would be added to vault on wednesday, together with the new crew for the upcoming event. If they don t add any new crew for the tuesday pack, it could fit.

Or, they give him away as 1/5 freebie before the tuesday pack and add him to campaigns so u can get 4 more copies by buying the premium tier.

I like this idea, and would perhaps explain the delay in the announcement. Monday, "here's a free copy of card #1000 and we're excited to announce our new campaign featuring Maco Mayweather so you could get the other 4 copies"

Bonus points if for this special campaign the free track was also a 5* character...
  • With President’s Day coming up what about a President’s collection with either Abraham Lincoln or UFP President Ra-ghoratreii as legendary and President of Earth Mobile Doctor as Super Rare.

🥌🦞

At first, I didn't think it could be Mayweather because of the Tuesday pack thing, but then I remembered there is precedent for now new crew in the Tuesday pack. If they rolled one of those out it could still make Mayweather #1000.

🥌🦞

At first, I didn't think it could be Mayweather because of the Tuesday pack thing, but then I remembered there is precedent for now new crew in the Tuesday pack. If they rolled one of those out it could still make Mayweather #1000.

Bee. I sure hope that after their wonderful customer relations the last week, they make the 1000th Crew that they hyped available from RNGesus.....

qckdxvf036t7.jpg

🥌🦞

🥌🦞

"Here's a free copy, click ONLY ONCE to get him" >:)

Ooo. That's interesting. I wonder how many people are going to get banned for claiming the 'free' one and then subsequently pressing to 'buy again' on the DTC!
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

🥌🦞

Ooo. That's interesting. I wonder how many people are going to get banned for claiming the 'free' one and then subsequently pressing to 'buy again' on the DTC!

It's fine to do anything in game if TP gets your money.

🥌🦞

It's fine to do anything in game if TP gets your money.

Is it, though? They could have sold a lot of Dilithium to people who needed to use the "extra" Polestars. A smart company would have had Shan post a "late" announcement that they were giving out extras if the Pack to get engagement in the super great new feature that is the best thing since Marco played polo......

🥌🦞
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Well.....i’m not American :tongue: 🇨🇦

No problem, Abraham Lincoln legendary for the Americans and Hockey Chakotay for the Canadians.
    Let’s fly!