Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    My guess is they had something boneheaded like Donatra/Shinzon planned and now that a significant revenue is being threatened the crew are being reselected with better options that players will have a harder time outright refusing, but maybe that’s just my years of corporate conditioning at work.

I thought this was a possibility as well.
    Either that, or they chose to wait for things to cool down before making any kind of announcement, since every thread was bombarded with venting and ranting.
    I don't think it would have mattered who they announced, people would have complained about the choices being terrible or that they were boycotting it anyways.
    I just hope for someone I have 1/5, someone on my "to cite" list would be even better.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    My guess is they had something boneheaded like Donatra/Shinzon planned and now that a significant revenue is being threatened the crew are being reselected with better options that players will have a harder time outright refusing, but maybe that’s just my years of corporate conditioning at work.

I thought this was a possibility as well.
    Either that, or they chose to wait for things to cool down before making any kind of announcement, since every thread was bombarded with venting and ranting.
    I don't think it would have mattered who they announced, people would have complained about the choices being terrible or that they were boycotting it anyways.
    I just hope for someone I have 1/5, someone on my "to cite" list would be even better.

Or, it could be that the "OMG! WE REALLY MESSED UP!" Zoom meeting lasted all day Friday. Then it was the weekend. Then today is a U.S. holiday......

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • With President’s Day coming up what about a President’s collection with either Abraham Lincoln or UFP President Ra-ghoratreii as legendary and President of Earth Mobile Doctor as Super Rare.

Well.....i’m not American :tongue: 🇨🇦

No problem, Abraham Lincoln legendary for the Americans and Hockey Chakotay for the Canadians.

Woohoo!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me there's no real Hockey Chakotay as an option.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me there's no real Hockey Chakotay as an option.

Sadly, not yet.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    ...isn't it more likely that the next campaign probably had ISM or Q or dragonballz in the rewards and somehow got DB'd up?

what if we start to get 4* and 5* dragonballz instead of the cites???
    edited February 2021
    ISM specifically says its gained via campaigns if I saw the tool tip correctly (otherwise it was Quantum), so maybe the delay is related to balancing the loot tables and what to remove without reactivating/perpetuating the recent mob. Myself, I’d happily give up the single blue portal pulls for a random constellation, or even a set polestar related to the crew featured in the campaign. I’d be ok seeing some merits or credits swapped for ISM, as well, I guess we’ll see in time. There could even be a week or two long gap between the next and current campaigns while they redo the loot table, and I’d have space in my heart for that if it meant balance and proper function at launch. All this is easy to say though, since I’m not spending on premium myself unless they chose one of a very small pool of crew, as my wallet is a no go like many others for the time being.

If there is a week long delay related to their coding skills and redoing the Campaign Rewards, that would still be something that an announcement is a nice thing for. I sincerely think that Shan didn't have time Friday after the obvious thing that obviously tied up staff all day to post the announcement. And that they have been off since.

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s quarter after three in the morning, and midwinter insomnia has me working on the dailies. My brain goes strange places at times like these, so something just occurred to me...

Could the delay in a campaign announcement be because they are taking the time to tweak it to add the much beloved extra tiers this month as a sort of olive branch?

Likely? Probably not.

Possibly? Maybe.

si3krwhv8vjx.jpeg

• Thanks, Shan!
    Shan wrote: »
    I hope to be able to announce the campaign today, my apologies for the delay!

Thanx, Shan!

🥌🦞
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    This might be a great opportunity to, you know, sow the seeds of goodwill and make next month's campaign $4.99 instead of $9.99... :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    This might be a great opportunity to, you know, sew the seeds of goodwill and make next month's campaign $4.99 instead of $9.99... :)

And 120 Tiers. With Constellations at 120.

🥌🦞
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay $20 if they did a straight 1-for-1 swap of merits for Quantum.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Okona for the LTO...Okona with a Tuesday discount pack....Okona for the campaign?! 😂
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okona for the LTO...Okona with a Tuesday discount pack....Okona for the campaign?! 😂

Don’t forget Okona temp achievements.

All in celebration of crew 1000... MACO Jennifer!
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    They just announced it. Gabriel Bell and Lt. Commander Uhura.

But what I don't like is they're replacing the equipment crates with ISM. They could've replaced something less useful such as the trainers or faction boosts. Terrible choice in my opinion. I liked the equipment crates.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    They just announced it. Gabriel Bell and Lt. Commander Thurs.

But what I don't like is they're replacing the equipment crates with ISM. They could've replaced something less useful such as the trainers or faction tokens. Terrible choice in my opinion. I liked the equipment crates.

Faction tokens? Useless? Huh?
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Eh, the equipment crates were pretty useless in the standard campaign at least. I don't mind that, though I don't feel a particularly pressing need for ISM either - ISM is the least of the bottlenecks in crew retrieval.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I'm THRILLED about the equipment crate change; I'm just at a level that they aren't useful for me. I realize I'm probably in the minority here.

Uhura is not a choice I thought but should be fun. Closer to having a ST: TMP bridge crew.

EDIT: Didn't realize she's a top 50 voyager (36 by the Big Book); that's a pretty good crew for just about anyone.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Meh the crates Occasionally gave me something good, but mostly gave me unnecessary junk. Fine by me. Was hoping for the extra tiers, but I'll take it.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have flipped in Mayweather instead of uhura to save face myself
  • dext74 wrote: »
    Major dislike. The campaign equipment crates were one of my top reasons to purchase.

Ur kidding right? Most times i even got stuff i couldn t use, regardless i had several crew in need for equip.

I like the change. Well done TP.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • dext74 wrote: »
    Major dislike. The campaign equipment crates were one of my top reasons to purchase.

I wasn't big on the low-level crates, but the ones that could drop gold equipment were always amazing.