Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned this a few months ago. I equip nearly everything as soon as there's something to equip as I someone told me this can have an affect on what you get from your crates and dabo. They were right.
    I know that if your crew is setup unequipped, you can get benefit from the crates. However, if you have even dozens of unequipped crew of the 4 or 5 star variety, (especially if they are 4*,) then you are wasting crew space like crazy to keep them unequipped...

I also suspect it might also make a difference to what you get from missions. I had several crew needing science lessons, had several science experiments to build them from, and had an expiring Supply Kit. I wanted a 3* alcohol to build Wesley's wedding toast. I kept getting the experiments from Operation Isolate. I stopped, built the lessons and equipped them. Got the bottle the next try.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    The most equipment I get goes directly in the trash. It's seldom useful and I'm close the 1000 items border
  • Uluru wrote: »
    The most equipment I get goes directly in the trash. It's seldom useful and I'm close the 1000 items border

At least with the recent UI update it's a lot easier to find unneeded items and convert into replicator rations.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have about 150 legends in various states of build between 1-3 stars because I play the game like Pokemon. I understand the crates were good to me (so many free 3* science lessons and champagnes) but the vast majority of players do not play this way. I am just as happy to target those last 40-45 crew as I can by obtaining more polestars, unless my current streak holds, and keep only getting human and brutal over and over. I like the quote, Bylo I think, a good thing replaced by a better thing. Sad to see a good thing go, welcoming the replacement with optimism.
    It's that time again. The new campaign starts next Thursday. With it being women's history and April being the American Civil War anniversary, I'll say Belle Q 5* and Camp Nurse Janeway 4*.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breen Disguise Kira
    Prisoner Harry Kim
    Merry Men Troi
    Polaric Janeway

Anything as long as stats are great. I don t care if the „theme“ fits.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    It's that time again. The new campaign starts next Thursday. With it being women's history and April being the American Civil War anniversary, I'll say Belle Q 5* and Camp Nurse Janeway 4*.

I could live with that.
  • Breen Disguise Kira
    Prisoner Harry Kim
    Merry Men Troi
    Polaric Janeway

Anything as long as stats are great. I don t care if the „theme“ fits.

your hopes are too high!!! better hope for a tier 9 instead of 10!!! :lol::tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camp Nurse Janeway 4*

giphy.gif

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was mentioned that Shatner is celebrating his 90th birthday later this month. A Kirk Campaign, perhaps?
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    What, no corpulent Gowron and Mirror Sisko? Is there a worse campaign combo than that? ;)
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Unless something extra is co
    It was mentioned that Shatner is celebrating his 90th birthday later this month. A Kirk Campaign, perhaps?

Surely, it would, be, a Kirk, campaign, perhaps?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like Kirk. Mirror Kirk for the collection. Butter Kirk so everyone can finish him after that whole big thing. Laborer Kirk so those who picked him in that behold can finish him, plus he's really good. Wrathful Kirk is so good that I would probably make a second copy if he were in a campaign.

As to the mention of Women's History Month, there's a very long list of Trek women that I would love to see in a campaign. Maybe they could keep Beverly's streak going with a campaign. Lwaxana just had a campaign last month, but maybe Away Team Number One could be next? (But please don't because of gauntlet walls.) Voyager had plenty of women to choose from, and who wouldn't want another Janeway or Seven? I'm good on T'Pol, Sato, and Jadzia, (as in I have all the good ones at 4/5 or 5/5) but I saw Breen Disguise Kira mentioned up above and that would be pretty excellent. I'm no fan of Burnham, so Owosekun, Reno or Number One would be my Discovery picks. Nepenthe Troi is the only legendary from Picard that would do my roster any good.

Lots of crew I'd like to see next campaign. But I know how this works. I just made a list of crew who will definitely not be feature in the next campaign.
    Farewell 🖖
    Maybe if we all work together to suggest all the golds, they will add someone completely new, just to throw us off.
    I think Archer is the only main not to be a campaign gold or Mega crew yet. Any of the others have had an easy gold available. Burnham was recently Mega crew. Archer is my only remaining main crew (have 1 Kirk, 2 Picards, 1 Sisko, 1 Janeway, and the Burnham) to not have an immortal gold of. I'm hoping for an Archer campaign when the 20th anniversary of Enterprise comes up in September, though like as not, it will focus on ST55 instead.
  • Woman's history does seem to be the likely bet. With an Uhura being the recent 5* they maybe will do a Janeway as the 1st Female Captain of a series.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    It would be awesome if the crew rewards could be special themed beholds. If it was a Kirk theme for the next campaign, you'd get to choose which Kirk you want from an all-Kirk behold/beGold instead of getting a straight drop.

I actually think that would help sell more premium campaigns, since there's a greater chance players would need more copies of at least 1 of the 3 featured crew, as opposed to just the single featured crew.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if we all work together to suggest all the golds, they will add someone completely new, just to throw us off.
    I think Archer is the only main not to be a campaign gold or Mega crew yet. Any of the others have had an easy gold available. Burnham was recently Mega crew. Archer is my only remaining main crew (have 1 Kirk, 2 Picards, 1 Sisko, 1 Janeway, and the Burnham) to not have an immortal gold of. I'm hoping for an Archer campaign when the 20th anniversary of Enterprise comes up in September, though like as not, it will focus on ST55 instead.

I will be shocked if they choose Archer. By all appearances, the developers hate the character. I would like it, but I wouldn't bet anything on it.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    GladSpock and Roman Kirk. Solid pair. I'll gladly dupe GladSpock and Roman Kirk. But if you don't have them... they are very good!
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I just got that Gladiator Spock in a merit pull recently. That'll be the second gold I was able to FF through campaigns.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be shocked if they choose Archer. By all appearances, the developers hate the character. I would like it, but I wouldn't bet anything on it.

Humbled Archer is a great card, and Imprinted was the first MED/ENG crew. I doubt the devs dislike the character, it's just that ENT is easily the least popular Trek series, so it won't get as much attention. He doesn't have a lot of really good cards, but there are plenty of other crew where this is the case.

Humbled would probably be the most popular, given his raw power. Pairs well with Geskana Tucker as they're both ENT, shirtless, and getting tripped up (pun unintended) by cross-cultural diplomacy.

Imprinted is overshadowed by Reno, but the rare skillset still makes him an interesting choice, especially at 4/5. Could easily pair with another caregiver, even though we've had that campaign theme already/

Porthos . . . has a dog. Several other SR have pets . . . it may not be a power combo, but it's a fun theme.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport

Starport
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2nd copy of Roman Kirk is sitting at 2/4, but my 1/5 Gladiator Spock is rejoicing!
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    Nice! I just got that Gladiator Spock in a merit pull recently. That'll be the second gold I was able to FF through campaigns.

I got him the same way a couple of days back- probably clinches me going in for the campaign!
    Yeah, having the legendary at 1/5 adds a lot of weight to getting the campaign track.

I certainly get the impression that character drops put a little weight on current/next event crew, I wonder if that's also true for campaigns.

Starport
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    We should hopefully be getting the next Campaign announcement this week.
    It would actually be nice to get a new Campaign-exclusive crew (i.e. Scrooge Data). Makes it hard to speculate, but it still would be welcomed.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Cinco de Mayo falls during the next campaign. Mother's Day is close to the end of the campaign. Personally, I'd like to see of our Trek moms get a campaign this time or next. If you want a new card, then I would say Samantha Wildman. If they pull from existing, then there's some good options. Nepenthe Troi, Sarah or Jennifer Sisko, Beverly Crusher variants... some of the mothers would need new variants. We already had PW Keiko, so we would need a variant where Keiko was a mother. I think we would actually need a new Jennifer Sisko since the one was Mirror and may not have had Jake and the existing gold was before Jake was born. Oh... Rianna Mayweather would be a good SR for a Mothers campaign. She did some voyage work for me in the early months of the game.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the mothers, I think that Rianna Mayweather felt the most genuine. Perhaps Moggie? Dax was mentioned as a mother... and a father. Spock's mom. But many of these crew we never see actually mothering. Or we could say that most of the characters who are seen.as being mothers were not written as mothers, but written as other roles first who happened to be mothers. Very few characterswere written AS mothers. I have little respect for Keiko, but she seems competent with a small child. Crusher never felt like a genuine parent since I've had teenagers. There is Worf's mom and Bashir's mom that I can respect, but neither scream Mother's Day. Troi and J. Sisko don't really have scenes enough to judge. Well, Troi does, I suppose, but I feel that is mostly Riker; Troi was generally useless.i suppose they could go absurd, like pregnant Trip. Or they could go shockingly non-PC, like Kirk's wife. Mamma Wannabe Kira might be good. Data's mother is also a contender.

But for just being good mothers who have kids who genuinely like them and were genuinely and positively influenced by them, I have to go with R. Mayweather and Moogie.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of it being Spring (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) that a kind of get up and get outside theme would be good. So Away Team Saru for the legendary and maybe Prison Break Lorca for the SR. Though today's Tuesday pack kinda killed this idea.

There's always baseball. :)

They never told us what happened with the poll, but I've convinced myself we're going to have an athlete mega in June for player's month. This would be the best campaign to get players preped for it. Maybe Mok'bara Crusher or Tucker Off the Ropes, with Geskana Tucker or Logician Solok.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Cinco de Mayo falls during the next campaign. Mother's Day is close to the end of the campaign. Personally, I'd like to see of our Trek moms get a campaign this time or next. If you want a new card, then I would say Samantha Wildman. If they pull from existing, then there's some good options. Nepenthe Troi, Sarah or Jennifer Sisko, Beverly Crusher variants... some of the mothers would need new variants. We already had PW Keiko, so we would need a variant where Keiko was a mother. I think we would actually need a new Jennifer Sisko since the one was Mirror and may not have had Jake and the existing gold was before Jake was born. Oh... Rianna Mayweather would be a good SR for a Mothers campaign. She did some voyage work for me in the early months of the game.

That’s a great idea!
    Let’s fly!