Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Phantom Pain - ME#3 - 02/20

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Phantom Pain
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Lt. Commander Icheb 5* (New), Arjin 4* (New), and Blood Oath Jadzia 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 02/20 until Monday 02/24 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Age of Sail Worf (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 02/27.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: ‘Picard and Number One’ 5*

Event Factions:
Ferengi Traditionalists, Cardassians, Augments

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew, and ‘Picard and Number One’
• small bonus: variants of Icheb, Dax, and crew with the Astrophysicist trait

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoS Worf? Hmmm,...tempting, but not enough to get me to grind a Galaxy. Good luck to everyone going for him!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of Sail Worf! At long last! Dare we hope that the long-overdue Age of Sail collection will join him?

Edit: On second thought, he's kind of a strange choice for an Astrophysicist mega, no?

At least he'll be featured crew for the last event, so not a wasted spot. Very nice to see him join the game!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Dax's trainee from the episode with the micro-Universe they snared passing through the wormhole. I guess Dax variants because he is new?

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw Blood Oath Jadzia is the Existing!!!!!!

=============================

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Arjin

=============================

Shan? Are you feeling any better today?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoS Worf? Hmmm,...tempting, but not enough to get me to grind a Galaxy. Good luck to everyone going for him!

I’m with you. One recipe and done

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking like just one crew card from Picard. That’s disappointing.
    Let’s fly!
  • My disinterest in this mega continues into the third week. I'd like Age of Sail Worf, sure, but I can live without him. Besides, I plan on getting a lot of wrap-up packs. Maybe I'll luck into him that way. Anyway, good luck to everyone chasing him!
  • Looking like just one crew card from Picard. That’s disappointing.

We still have 1 new SR crew left for week 4. So there‘s still hope.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

It was to be expected after their mega announcement. And if they would present too many right away in the first mega not much from Picard would be left for the rest of the year. So from a company side I can kinda understand it because they follow long term plans. Also there is stuff to look forward to like Badass Seven in the future...

They did this with the first Disco mega. Just threw out a bunch of cards for characters we didn't really know yet.

It'll be Cadet Hardy Har Har
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to get a chance to finish Blood Oath Jadzia.
    No Picard crew so bought some Burnham discount packs and got some good pulls.

3d9zbynxwi45.png

I call her "Burn'Em", because she is an Arena Sledgehammer.

I use her, Garth, and Secret Sledgehammer Sarek, with Prisoner O'Brien for the +5000 Crits. I finally got my timing down, and broke the top 4100 in Admiral yesterday!!!!!
  • Looking like just one crew card from Picard. That’s disappointing.

It'll be Cadet Hardy Har Har

Hope he will be a 3* only. 🙈
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know Worf had a degree in astrophysics. All in I haven't been impressed with the crew. T'pol and Picard were good, but purples and other legendaries have been letdowns in their own ways.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    I didn't know Worf had a degree in astrophysics. All in I haven't been impressed with the crew. T'pol and Picard were good, but purples and other legendaries have been letdowns in their own ways.

DB has never restricted the reward crew to only mega theme. There are multiple cases of cards not being in the theme. At least he is bonus the final week after which it won't really matter anyway.
    edited February 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    With AoS Data being the upcoming campaign ... I really hope they start an AoS collection ...

Would make sense. Adding a new AoS Crew, and having Data in the Premium Campaign.

For those curious:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Age_of_Sail_Data

He's a potential Sledgehammer for Arena, if you use a Ship that has "Position"

350% Damage
    So this means Worfs... or is it Worves? Worfes? - will get a bonus in the full faction. God, I wish his 4* variants didn't have such poor bases. I'm looking at you, Civil War Worf and Defiant Commander Worf. At least Ba'Ku Worf, Sheriff Worf, and Duchamps have bases that might be worth unfreezing... sorta. Duchamps is on the fringe.

350% Damage

Does anyone?

350% Damage

Does anyone?

Probably not.

The 4* is Rakal Troi. Her Sledgehammer uses "Cloak", which is actually more likely to be used by some.
    Shan wrote: »
    Shan? Are you feeling any better today?

Not quite, but thank you for asking :)

We worry. We care.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood Oath Jadzia? A version of Dax that does not have Astrophysicist? (or Exobiologist, but that is anouther topic.)

Also, if only Jadzia Dax is bonus, can we assume that Ezris and Kurzon Odo are not going to be event crew?
  • Blood Oath Jadzia? A version of Dax that does not have Astrophysicist? (or Exobiologist, but that is anouther topic.)

Also, if only Jadzia Dax is bonus, can we assume that Ezris and Kurzon Odo are not going to be event crew?

I thought it was standard that Ezris and Zhian'tara Odo are classified as variants of Jadzia, for event purposes. In any case, as best I recall, Mirror Ezri Tigan has always been excluded as a Dax since she didn't host the symbiont. That just leaves 1* Desert, 3* Sniper, and 4* Waitress. Which, in turn, brings me back to my lobbying for more Ezri.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have loved this Worf in my collection but golds aren't obtainable in a galaxy event sadly... no no no no no chance for me
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do so many veterans say galaxy golds are unobtainable? I have 65K chronitons. 10K chronitons and no stockpile would get you a gold. It does take some time investment, but you don't have to watch the time or set alarms.

For me I can confidently say they're unobtainable because I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old.... The time required is not available, not sure about everyone else's reasons

This is why factions are so easy to rank in for me, because I only have a few taps every 1.5 or 3 hours, not so much with Galaxy or even Skirmish
  • Why do so many veterans say galaxy golds are unobtainable? I have 65K chronitons. 10K chronitons and no stockpile would get you a gold. It does take some time investment, but you don't have to watch the time or set alarms.

I know you weren't referring to me, but for me they're generally out of reach not because I lack the resources, but because I lack the enthusiasm. Every now and again, there's someone who tempts me enough I tap my way into the top 1500, but they're few and far between. Age of Sail Worf ain't on that list.