Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Phantom Pain - ME#3 - 02/20

12346»

Comments

• I immorted my Arjin, now I'm torn whether to finish the thresholds or not...that's a lot of chrons for so little return.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immorted my Arjin, now I'm torn whether to finish the thresholds or not...that's a lot of chrons for so little return.

I either draw the line at 130k or go for rank. I agree about the return on investment after that point being questionable.
    Farewell 🖖
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in it just for the premium pull; if there is another chance to get a legendary I'll take it.

But yeah Arjin is woeful, then again Icheb 1/5 isn't helping much either. Picard and No1 and Jadzia are doing the grunt work for this event.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated even chron dumping enough to get to the Arjin FF... I couldn't be more out for the rest of the event... Have I mentioned that Galaxy events are the worst?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped at 30k. Got Picard and all the trainers. I’m a loser. I know
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I stopped at 30k. Got Picard and all the trainers. I’m a loser. I know

I actually kind of wish I did this also
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to finish Arjin, but I'm pretty much burned out on this game. Sticking around to get that final star for Picard next week, and then I think it's time for a break.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. Galaxies have gone from my favorite to my least favorite. With Data on my phone, I can even do better in Fraction Events now......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, playing this event is re-traumatizing me after last night's new episode of Star Trek: Picard --
    Every time I use Icheb for a build, I'm flashing to his brutal murder/dissection from the beginning of the episode. Here I am, using his future self for the build, but now we know what happened to that future self in the "true" timeline. He would have been better off if Voyager had never made it back to the Alpha Quadrant. It's horrible.
    I was thinking about that last night too.

The other question I've been wondering about in Picard is what happened to The Dcotor? Was he shut down with the Synth ban?
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Okay, playing this event is re-traumatizing me after last night's new episode of Star Trek: Picard --
    Every time I use Icheb for a build, I'm flashing to his brutal murder/dissection from the beginning of the episode. Here I am, using his future self for the build, but now we know what happened to that future self in the "true" timeline. He would have been better off if Voyager had never made it back to the Alpha Quadrant. It's horrible.
    I was thinking about that last night too.

The other question I've been wondering about in Picard is what happened to The Dcotor? Was he shut down with the Synth ban?
    No one seems surprised by the existence of Rios' holographic alter egos, so the ban might not go that far.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I agree and I am quite angry with the writers of Picard for doing that.
    Let’s fly!
  • Okay, playing this event is re-traumatizing me after last night's new episode of Star Trek: Picard --
    I actually feel bad about not going for him last week now, which is so silly :D
  • No one seems surprised by the existence of Rios' holographic alter egos, so the ban might not go that far.
    This game absolutely needs a 5* Emergency Hospitality Hologram!

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I appreciate the use of the spoiler tag. But in case anyone forgets to include it, can we move the Picard Show info to the other thread? Thanks. And again, I want to stress my appreciation for you guys using the spoiler tag.

One thing I'd suggest — to everyone who reads this forum — is that if you come across someone posting a significant Star Trek: Picard spoiler where the thread is not labeled for spoilers and the content in question is not hidden within spoiler tags, flag it.

There's an option when reporting a post, to choose "Other" — and there, simply write something to the effect of "please add spoiler tags to this post for ST: Picard". This may be stepping slightly away from the boundaries of what that flag was intended for, but my guess is that Shan and the other mods (I think there are other forum mods on occasion?) would be happy to help out in that case, as it keeps the forum community happy. :)

EDIT: Or maybe not...
    Shan wrote: »
    Commentary regarding the new show should not be part of the event thread, there are other discussions for these. And yes, be mindful of spoilers for others.
    While I would not mind helping if a spoiler tag is missing, I have other more pressing things to take care of :)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the use of the spoiler tag. But in case anyone forgets to include it, can we move the Picard Show info to the other thread? Thanks. And again, I want to stress my appreciation for you guys using the spoiler tag.

Thanks, @DavideBooks -- In general, I agree with you (and @Shan), and am happy to abide by that. The reason I posted the particular comment (and also used the spoiler tag) as I did was because I was commenting on how the new show specifically related to this event and how it was making me feel differently about playing this event. Thus, it seemed relevant to the thread on this event. I agree that general commentary on the new show belongs elsewhere.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I really wanted to go for rank but I had forgotten how unbearable time consuming and at the same time boring and annoying full Galaxies are. I had to stop at threshold as I could not take it any more. Out at 130k again next time.

PS: Only honor in the threshold pack of course; at least enough schematics to finish the Reliant. But they would have come sooner or later without this time sink and chron waste anyway.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • I went threshold and out, but waited until Phase 2 started to cash in my Super Rares. That was good enough for 609045 VP and #1114 rank. I was kinda surprised by that. I expected to fall beneath #2000.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I went threshold and out, but waited until Phase 2 started to cash in my Super Rares. That was good enough for 609045 VP and #1114 rank. I was kinda surprised by that. I expected to fall beneath #2000.

This event was a little on the competitive side, but nowhere near last week's blood bath for Icheb.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Anyone else surprised at how many unique items Arjin had? Most recent new cards have had 2 new items (clothes and something else), but he had 4 by my count.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went threshold and out, but waited until Phase 2 started to cash in my Super Rares. That was good enough for 609045 VP and #1114 rank. I was kinda surprised by that. I expected to fall beneath #2000.

This event was a little on the competitive side, but nowhere near last week's blood bath for Icheb.

Too soon......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had that in the past. Get to 350k without using Rares. Then turn in rares. When I did it I got ~1400, so this event was a little lighter(or Picard yielded more rares to bump your vp), but it's not that out of the ordinary.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    95rvww9oqezy.jpg
    4rxo37dkadvt.jpg
    I had 3 Giloras in my overflow and one Premium Pull so presumably I got everything else too.
    It didn't even show me the ending dialogue. I like screen shotting all the event dialogue so naturally the game went out of it's way to rob me of that.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Proont wrote: »
    95rvww9oqezy.jpg
    4rxo37dkadvt.jpg
    I had 3 Giloras in my overflow and one Premium Pull so presumably I got everything else too.
    It didn't even show me the ending dialogue. I like screen shotting all the event dialogue so naturally the game went out of it's way to rob me of that.

That was odd. Fortunately, you may still read all of the event dialogue on the Wiki:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Phantom_Pain#Storyline

EDIT: I have appended below screenshots of the epilogue for your records, @Proont . LLAP 🖖

x6ke4d5eytwq.png
    tasfhby47wo9.png
    bvywacyflye4.png

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    95rvww9oqezy.jpg
    4rxo37dkadvt.jpg

That was odd. Fortunately, you may still read all of the event dialogue on the Wiki:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Phantom_Pain#Storyline

EDIT: I have appended below screenshots of the epilogue for your records, @Proont . LLAP 🖖

x6ke4d5eytwq.png
    tasfhby47wo9.png
    bvywacyflye4.png

Yeah, I read them on the wiki. Thank you for the screenshots. It helps assuage my OCD.