Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Phantom Pain - ME#3 - 02/20

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Honour the first week, so PB&J will be Immortalized the last week when I hit. 25,000 VXP.

After 25,000 week three, mine will be Level 💯/FE/4 🌟

Already slamming as 93% in the Galaxy Phase this week at 3 🌟. Without "Failure" Boost on percentage........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Question: why does Icheb have the 'civilian' trait when he is wearing a Starfleet uniform and has a rank of Lt. Commander in his name?

We already discussed that. Because he does. Do not question and get a trait taken away.

🤐
  • After completely blowing it on the last event, I have decided to make the following prediction: you will need more VP than the captain who finishes in 1,501st place to get Worf.

t4clsi9rvw4m.jpg
  • I am really looking forward to this Galaxy! :) Does anybody know if the 'Pup-card' will be available in the Solo Threshold rewards again?
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to this Galaxy! :) Does anybody know if the 'Pup-card' will be available in the Solo Threshold rewards again?

All four weeks of the Mega.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Cuttysark wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to this Galaxy! :) Does anybody know if the 'Pup-card' will be available in the Solo Threshold rewards again?

Groovy! :D (showing my age there...)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

That's how every mega event works. That's part of the reason most players* like mega events. We get 4 copies of a legendary in return for participating every week.

*I don't recall seeing any posts saying that someone doesn't like mega events, but hey, it's possible.
    Farewell 🖖
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    :) Just for clarification ... this is the 1st "Mega" I've participated in. Having just been playing for about 3 1/2 months now I didn't have the resources/knowledge/motivation to get into Events until now.

Be forewarned: Expect more dumb 'newbie' questions from me in the near future! LOL :p:p:*

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) Just for clarification ... this is the 1st "Mega" I've participated in. Having just been playing for about 3 1/2 months now I didn't have the resources/knowledge/motivation to get into Events until now.

Be forewarned: Expect more dumb 'newbie' questions from me in the near future! LOL :p:p:*

We gotchoo @Cuttysark. Ask away

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    2* bloodwine comes to mind.
  • @Cuttysark my (old) guide to the game is at dougberry.hubpages.com. I am always glad to answer questions about the game, but don’t watch the forums too closely....
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the Romulan event with no Romulans

You mean the Vulcan/Romulan one that included Vreenak, Keras, Romulan Kirk, Romulan Picard, and Sela as Romulans? And another 5 vulcans for the other half of the theme?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

You mean the Vulcan/Romulan one that included Vreenak, Keras, Romulan Kirk, Romulan Picard, and Sela as Romulans? And another 5 vulcans for the other half of the theme?

That's the one. People seemed to forget it was Romulans AND Vulcans.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

When only five of thirteen featured crew - two of which are humans in disguise, one is a two-skiller whose greatest attribute is his sound clip, and one other wasn’t new or particularly with getting anyway - are all that we have to represent half of the description of the mega event, it does suggest that there could have been a better balance (like was present in the Disco/Andorian mega). Especially when there were at least half a dozen other really good suggestions for new Romulans and we already had a mountain of Vulcans at the time.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

When only five of thirteen featured crew - two of which are humans in disguise, one is a two-skiller whose greatest attribute is his sound clip, and one other wasn’t new or particularly with getting anyway - are all that we have to represent half of the description of the mega event, it does suggest that there could have been a better balance (like was present in the Disco/Andorian mega). Especially when there were at least half a dozen other really good suggestions for new Romulans and we already had a mountain of Vulcans at the time.

I was really hoping for Admiral Valdore in that mega

• Is it just me, or does Blood Oath Jadzia Dax look a bit ... different?

a8xmncsd61oe.jpeg
    https://mobile.twitter.com/STTimelines/status/1229791515213520897
    🖖

Whoa! Vast improvement. Looks great!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does Blood Oath Jadzia Dax look a bit ... different?

a8xmncsd61oe.jpeg
    🖖

Whoa! Vast improvement. Looks great!

Too bad that's just for marketing and will likely not make it into the game.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

a8xmncsd61oe.jpeg
    🖖

Wow, I would be so glad if they indeed redrew here. Although DB once said (I think) there are no plans for that. The old artwork was one of the most awful ones in the game and an insult to Terry really. My frozen copy still looks the same. Let´s see what will happen tomorrow.

Maybe they will test a suggestion I once read in the forum: Old cards with a new artwork and maybe even improved stats...
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

a8xmncsd61oe.jpeg
    🖖

Please tell me y'all really did redo that godawful art?

a8xmncsd61oe.jpeg
    🖖

Please tell me y'all really did redo that godawful art?

Not at present. She still looks like what the Targ left on the rug in game........
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

DB doesn´t care overly for small details like that (also they could have just picked another card without having to pay for a redraw). It would surprise me if they would do that just to advertise part 3 of the mega. It would be a first. And while there is a first for everything the reason must be something else...

• For what it's worth, there are easily enough notable Romulan characters left from TOS through ENT to make them a viable future Mega option. We don't have Proconsul Neral from TNG, Praetor Neral from DS9, Senator Pardek, Vice Chairman Koval, Commander Tebok, Ambassador Kell, Admiral Valdore, Commander Toreth, or a few others from Nemesis, for example. And I don't think it's a spoiler to suggest that the Picard series will likely give DB even more potential crew to choose from.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

DB doesn´t care overly for small details like that (also they could have just picked another card without having to pay for a redraw). It would surprise me if they would do that just to advertise part 3 of the mega. It would be a first. And while there is a first for everything the reason must be something else...

Yes, it reminds me of what @DScottHewitt said about the artwork for Young Picard in Week 1. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we resolved the question of which crew count as variants of Jadzia Dax for this event? It doesn't matter as much for a galaxy event, but the precedent is important for future faction events.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Have we resolved the question of which crew count as variants of Jadzia Dax for this event? It doesn't matter as much for a galaxy event, but the precedent is important for future faction events.

I'm curious, a swell. Usually it just says variants of "Dax". But this one does specify Jadzia.