Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• JiveDutch wrote: »
    Scores & collections line up for my sheet ... fresh datacore import into my 4.25 sheet...
    Same for me. :)
  • With how the new feature's going to work (see: https://youtu.be/qRUuOxlBhQQ ), I wonder if a "Crew Retrieval Simulator" might be able to be programmed. Input 1 to 4 rarities/skills/traits into drop-downs on a page, and it lists crew that match them, as well as their "Recommendation Status" from the "Crew" tab.

(If not here, this might be a project for DataCore, to go alongside their Behold Simulator.)
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how the new feature's going to work (see: https://youtu.be/qRUuOxlBhQQ ), I wonder if a "Crew Retrieval Simulator" might be able to be programmed. Input 1 to 4 rarities/skills/traits into drop-downs on a page, and it lists crew that match them, as well as their "Recommendation Status" from the "Crew" tab.

(If not here, this might be a project for DataCore, to go alongside their Behold Simulator.)

Have a look at my signature, I have a sheet for that :smile:
  • Would it be too much work to add a tick box/colour scheme to the voyage sheet to see which crew in the list are in the freezer?
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Negh_var wrote: »
    Would it be too much work to add a tick box/colour scheme to the voyage sheet to see which crew in the list are in the freezer?

The Recommendation column says Freeze (or Unfreeze as the case may be) for those crew; does this not meet your need?
  • klobetime wrote: »
    Negh_var wrote: »
    Would it be too much work to add a tick box/colour scheme to the voyage sheet to see which crew in the list are in the freezer?
    The Recommendation column says Freeze (or Unfreeze as the case may be) for those crew; does this not meet your need?
    That column isn't on the "Voyage" page, though. It's on the "Crew" page. This is what they're asking. The "Voyage" page only shows Rank, Name, Rarity, Multiplier, and a bunch of stats, not the Recommendation. Maybe some sort of column duplication, just showing whatever Recommendation is on the "Crew Page" on the "Voyage" page as well? Or maybe a duplication of the "Active" column instead of the "Recommendation" column if you want to streamline it?

Note: I'm neither endorsing or condemning this suggestion. Merely clarifying it for you that this is what the person wants.
  • I would think a tick mark for “consider frozen crew” in settings would address the concern. That said, I don’t ever pull crew out of the freezer for a voyage.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Scores & collections line up for my sheet ... fresh datacore import into my 4.25 sheet...

@IceCat There was an issue. IF the import is used, and multiple copies of a crew are owned and not all FFE, the sort could be messed up and the non FFE crew would sort first and was not showing as completed in the collections. I've reworked the queries used behind the scenes to include an order by clause to fix the sort issue and now the collections show the correct stats and in @IceCat 's case the bonuses are correct. it just happened the the one crew affected by this cause two collections to no longer be complete and the incorrect bonus because of that. When I publish 4.26 this week it will have the fix.

Whew. That was a tough one. :smiley:
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • I would think a tick mark for “consider frozen crew” in settings would address the concern. That said, I don’t ever pull crew out of the freezer for a voyage.

Sorry I should have made clear my intentions, I never pull crew out for a voyage, majority of the time my 5* do the job, I more use this sheet to see who I can chuck in the freezer.

I'm usually set with enough crew for events that when I'm running out of crew space I will freeze those with little to no use and work my way up the list.

I may be a singular case but something to know how far up the list I am would help, I've done all 1,2 and 3*
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I would think a tick mark for “consider frozen crew” in settings would address the concern. That said, I don’t ever pull crew out of the freezer for a voyage.

Sorry I should have made clear my intentions, I never pull crew out for a voyage, majority of the time my 5* do the job, I more use this sheet to see who I can chuck in the freezer.

I'm usually set with enough crew for events that when I'm running out of crew space I will freeze those with little to no use and work my way up the list.

I may be a singular case but something to know how far up the list I am would help, I've done all 1,2 and 3*

@Negh_var This has been completed and will be in version 4.26 this week.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    JiveDutch wrote: »

@IceCat There was an issue. IF the import is used, and multiple copies of a crew are owned and not all FFE, the sort could be messed up and the non FFE crew would sort first and was not showing as completed in the collections. I've reworked the queries used behind the scenes to include an order by clause to fix the sort issue and now the collections show the correct stats and in @IceCat 's case the bonuses are correct. it just happened the the one crew affected by this cause two collections to no longer be complete and the incorrect bonus because of that. When I publish 4.26 this week it will have the fix.

Whew. That was a tough one. :smiley:

Appreciate all your help getting this problem sorted. These guys deserve a lot of praise for all the work they do with this. 🖖

• cmdrworf wrote: »
    I would think a tick mark for “consider frozen crew” in settings would address the concern. That said, I don’t ever pull crew out of the freezer for a voyage.

@Negh_var This has been completed and will be in version 4.26 this week.

@Negh_var Would you mind pm-ing me how you do that? I have all 1*, 2*, and 3* as well. I’m just using the sheet to tell me who to freeze/airlock.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing new version. Bug fixes for collections when multiple copies owned, added status on voyage tab, and a bunch of new crew.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing new version. Bug fixes for collections when multiple copies owned, added status on voyage tab, and a bunch of new crew.

You left some hidden sheets visible.
    edited February 2021
    Nevermind, it just took a while to import. Grr... I was looking at my 4.25 sheet.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collection bonuses don't seem to be populating.

unarzksg8qyr.png

Ill take a look
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Fixed. You'll need to re-copy 4.26. I missed loading the stat page. Sorry everyone.
    Columns B & E are pointed to ImportDataTmp.

uidy9pzgmkcc.png
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grrr.... will fix in the morning. That was a final fix I made and I didn't catch that. Thanks again.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed. Published 4.27
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Wow. I didn't play last year, but did sign in periodically. I decided to fire up the old checklist and see what I could do. I'm astounded at the improvements! Really really great work. Can't thank you enough!
    I do have a question, I can't seem to check/uncheck the Active column on the Crew tab. How do I mark a crew as frozen now? Thanks!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Wow. I didn't play last year, but did sign in periodically. I decided to fire up the old checklist and see what I could do. I'm astounded at the improvements! Really really great work. Can't thank you enough!
    I do have a question, I can't seem to check/uncheck the Active column on the Crew tab. How do I mark a crew as frozen now? Thanks!

@DigitalPimp Its designed to be used with an auto import. If you want to do it manually, you need to clear the formula in the first one (Dark ages mccoy)., then drag that to the bottom. Now you can manually update the field. Then for new versions, just make sure both sheets are sorted the same and copy past from your old one. Only the newest added characters will need to have the formula cleared then.

and thank you. both myself and @klobetime have put quite a bit of work into it since taking over.
  • Would it be worth putting in the backend of the sheet the 3 crew needed for the Ktarian Game easter egg? (Maybe have the checkbox default to off, if so, since I doubt THAT many are interested in getting it?) Ensign Crusher, Ensign Robin Lefler, and Commander Riker are the crew involved. (You put them on the Enterprise D and scan at Risa for a while until you get it.)
  • Would it be worth putting in the backend of the sheet the 3 crew needed for the Ktarian Game easter egg? (Maybe have the checkbox default to off, if so, since I doubt THAT many are interested in getting it?) Ensign Crusher, Ensign Robin Lefler, and Commander Riker are the crew involved. (You put them on the Enterprise D and scan at Risa for a while until you get it.)

Got it (twice) but I admit it would have saved me some time.
    "Nice I can freeze some crew" "oh, no, it's the ones for my headset". Every krutaking time.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone else adds 'Fused' as the heading of column B? i.e. number fused vs total stars.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Also, why would Lal be recommended to space, yet when I do, she's the best 4 star Eng?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI. My father passed away Friday morning. Ill be away for a week or so. Updates will come later. Thanks everyone

• sorry to hear that, will keep you in my prayers.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI. My father passed away Friday morning. Ill be away for a week or so. Updates will come later. Thanks everyone

No worries. Family first. And my condolences
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    You're good, dude. The big updates have been completed. Currently, all I can think of is adding new crew, and that is easily postponed. You take care of yourself and your own. All our love to your family.