Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    I'll be another guinea pig, if you need one.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylv1de @AdmiralMemo I'll be taking both of you up on that for the next round. Next up is addressing some of the little things in the sheet that don't seem to function quite right. basically I'm looking at a major overhaul of the Settings tab next.

So in addition to trying to fix/validate/cleanup the existing items, is there anything else people would like me to look at implementing.

And with that I should be publishing 4.5 later today. This adds all the recent crew, and replaced the BBoB tiers with @(A) Traveling Man power ratings. It will be a bit different but should accomplish the same end goal of giving people a gauge on crew comparisons.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered changing the In Portal column to a checkbox like the other TRUE/FALSE columns?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered changing the In Portal column to a checkbox like the other TRUE/FALSE columns?

I like that. I'll update that for the next iteration.

And with that. Here's the latest update.

Replaced BBoB Tiers with Traveling Man's Power Ratings
    Major formatting changes on the crew tab due to the above change
    Added New Crew: Grecian Carolyn Palamas, Android Mudd, Human Neelix
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    OK, so with the new rating system... The old system had a tier system where a lower number tier was better. In the new system, I THINK it's that a HIGHER number rating is better? Is that correct?

Also, I notice that the new version continually (about every minute) recalculates something. It's quick, but I think there's some sort of recursive loop possibly somewhere.

Finally, a small tweak you could make: align middle (vertically) on the Power Ratings and Ranking would look nicer.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so with the new rating system... The old system had a tier system where a lower number tier was better. In the new system, I THINK it's that a HIGHER number rating is better? Is that correct?

Also, I notice that the new version continually (about every minute) recalculates something. It's quick, but I think there's some sort of recursive loop possibly somewhere.

Yes, a higher rating is better, that also why I added the rank column so both can be seen.

I think the updates are because I have this linked to another spreadsheet where it pulls the scores from. I'll need to look into the refresh and see why. Does it happen when you are doing something, or does it happen as long as its open for you?
  • Options
    So, the STT developers are going to keep you on your toes with the addition of all the new milestones for the collections.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    I updated my existing sheet and downloaded the new sheet to compare whether the new power ranking system would change any recommendations. The difference between the two sheets was ................. nothing. :)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated my existing sheet and downloaded the new sheet to compare whether the new power ranking system would change any recommendations. The difference between the two sheets was ................. nothing. :)

Yeah, It should not have impacted recommendations yet..... I didn't use the old tiers for recommendations. I'm working on changing how the recommendations work as I agree the settings options don't seem quite right. I'm not sure on the best approach yet as my first couple of trials have been flops. I had hoped to have something out for Beta testing this week. Its not an easy change/adjustment/update for the recommendations.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Everyone: "Yay, new collection tiers."

@cmdrworf : "#&$*( "
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Everyone: "Yay, new collection tiers."

@cmdrworf : "#&$*( "

How true it is......
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Update Posted.

Updated "In Portal" formatting on Crew Tab
    Updated collections per announcement on 4/20/21
    Added New Crew: EV Suit Mayweather, Osyraa
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    hya,
    I just realized fusing check is wrong.
    I mean I have One Zero FF/FE and only Zero One is marked as need because "can be fused".
    But if I get Zero One I still need another One Zero or I wont be able to fuse them since my One Zero is not fusable any more.
    I admit this is very low on work priorities but in case you work near there ...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    hya,
    I just realized fusing check is wrong.
    I mean I have One Zero FF/FE and only Zero One is marked as need because "can be fused".
    But if I get Zero One I still need another One Zero or I wont be able to fuse them since my One Zero is not fusable any more.
    I admit this is very low on work priorities but in case you work near there ...

I'm actually working on the recommendation logic so this falls into that. Could you PM me with your sheet. thanks @Mururoa
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I think the updates are because I have this linked to another spreadsheet where it pulls the scores from. I'll need to look into the refresh and see why. Does it happen when you are doing something, or does it happen as long as its open for you?
    Every time I clicked on a different cell (without changing anything), it would recalculate something.

Edit: 4.51 seems to have solved that problem. I did notice the "Crist��bal Rios" issue is still persisting, even though it claims to be fixed in the changelog. On the plus side, it's purely visual and he's functioning in the sheet.
  • Options
    There's is an error on Gauntlet tab: The rank is voyage rank.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's is an error on Gauntlet tab: The rank is voyage rank.

thanks. This is fixed in 4.52 now. I failed to update the query when I added columns on the Crew Tab.
  • Options
    thank you, good work :-)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.52 is being published.

Fixed issues with fields displaying incorrect data in Gauntlet tab.
    Fixed "The Daystrom Award" level 40 bonus.
    Added New Crew: Lt. Rizzo, Century Guinan, Xindi-Aquatic Councilor
    Added new field on Crew tab indicating how many INCOMPLETE collections a crew belongs to
  • Options
    The stats tab is visible and Humanoid Figure and Revolutionary Damar have errors.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    The stats tab is visible and Humanoid Figure and Revolutionary Damar have errors.

What error are you seeing? and stats page is hidden again
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I am seeing REF errors on the power rankings col's
    Fresh copy of the sheet, with fresh import from datacore.
    As i read this comes from an external source, perhaps this is currently unavailable, or i dont have perm's to read it..
    4.51 works ... but this might be due to cached info.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ha2oarevlecw.png
    I am seeing this.
    hf06tlyc6lbt.png
    From my Stats sheet
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    ick. I think its a google sheets issue. I'm having the permissions checked to see if that helps. Hopefully will have a resolution soon.
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options

What error are you seeing? and stats page is hidden again

i imported new data and the errors disappeared
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    ick. I think its a google sheets issue. I'm having the permissions checked to see if that helps. Hopefully will have a resolution soon.

Its fixxed now on my end, thnx for all the effort...
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Mine is taking a long time to update upon opening, which is strange as everything is already there.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is taking a long time to update upon opening, which is strange as everything is already there.

I suspect this was due to the google issue and everything needed to "rebuild" as there are linked sheets behind the scenes.
  • Options
    A new import cleared up the issue.