Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I think I've identified another oddity that may be a bug or may be the sheet acting as planned. For me, sorting by "Need-Collection Only" only, only results in crew that I do not have. It doesn't return crew that I have either unfused or unequipped that do not make my crew better.

Hmmm.... Thats not intended functionality. I'll take a look. I must have an error in my logic.

@[VIP0]USS Dart do you have them marked as Keep on the crew tab? If so, that was why. I fixed it so that won't affect it anymore. (in 4.56)

No. I don’t have any crew marked “Keep.”

• Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    klobetime wrote: »
    Excellent as always, though, the changelog claims the Rios issue is solved when it isn't.
    What issue are you seeing? I thought we had that one licked...?
    I mean, he functions, gladly, but he still displays as "Crist��bal Rios" which means the link to the Wiki is broken.
    I don't have that problem, google docs in german
    Well, DataCore did a recent update. Let me re-export and see if the issue is solved. Maybe they fixed it on their side? *checks* Nope, that ain't it.

Edit: I checked, and from DataCore's end, the character is definitely correct in the CSV file. It just gets mangled when importing to Google Docs for whatever reason.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    klobetime wrote: »
    Excellent as always, though, the changelog claims the Rios issue is solved when it isn't.
    What issue are you seeing? I thought we had that one licked...?
    I mean, he functions, gladly, but he still displays as "Crist��bal Rios" which means the link to the Wiki is broken.
    I don't have that problem, google docs in german
    Well, DataCore did a recent update. Let me re-export and see if the issue is solved. Maybe they fixed it on their side? *checks* Nope, that ain't it.

Edit: I checked, and from DataCore's end, the character is definitely correct in the CSV file. It just gets mangled when importing to Google Docs for whatever reason.

Yeah its google docs. We've got the same issue now with two of the new characters added. they used the other apostrophe and that is messing things up now.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've identified another oddity that may be a bug or may be the sheet acting as planned. For me, sorting by "Need-Collection Only" only, only results in crew that I do not have. It doesn't return crew that I have either unfused or unequipped that do not make my crew better.

Hmmm.... Thats not intended functionality. I'll take a look. I must have an error in my logic.

@[VIP0]USS Dart do you have them marked as Keep on the crew tab? If so, that was why. I fixed it so that won't affect it anymore. (in 4.56)

Ah.... they show as Active if there is any need for them and not FFE. I could do "Active - Collection Only" Or something else? Thoughts?
  • Options

Ah.... they show as Active if there is any need for them and not FFE. I could do "Active - Collection Only" Or something else? Thoughts?

So, let me back up. I thought the purpose of “collection only” was to identify crew who you only need to add to or complete a collection. In other words, they don’t make your crew any stronger. If that’s true, then the logic should report back “collection only” for both crew you own and crew you don’t.

If that’s not the intent, then I simply need to adjust.

• Options
    I just noticed something and I'm not sure what triggers it. Recommendation of "Roll the Dice!" although the two characters that seem to have that their "# Collections not complete" throws an error of #N/A. Two characters are Commander Barclay and Tucker On-The-Ropes. Checklist 4.55 and the import sheet does list their collections...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Maxwell wrote: »
    I just noticed something and I'm not sure what triggers it. Recommendation of "Roll the Dice!" although the two characters that seem to have that their "# Collections not complete" throws an error of #N/A. Two characters are Commander Barclay and Tucker On-The-Ropes. Checklist 4.55 and the import sheet does list their collections...

@Maxwell 4.55 isn't doing that on mine (but I never guarantee my copy is vanilla as I use it to test dev stuff too). I sent you a message, as I'd like you to share your sheet with me so I can take a look. That usually makes troubleshooting these much easier for me.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

So, let me back up. I thought the purpose of “collection only” was to identify crew who you only need to add to or complete a collection. In other words, they don’t make your crew any stronger. If that’s true, then the logic should report back “collection only” for both crew you own and crew you don’t.

If that’s not the intent, then I simply need to adjust.

I was trying to improve on the ones that previously just said "Need". I hadn't taken into account anything that said "Active".

That being said perhaps Active needs to be looked at. Currently all active crew (that don't trigger the Freeze condition) say Active. It could be FFE crew, or it could be a level 1, 1* gold worth nothing.

FFE Crew works fairly well with the Freeze recommendations, but I think it starts to fail after that.

I'm open for thoughts/ideas/suggestions on how to improve the "Active" note. I'm not sure whats the best here, but I'm open to ideas for crew that is not FFE.
  • Options
    Maxwell wrote: »

@Maxwell 4.55 isn't doing that on mine (but I never guarantee my copy is vanilla as I use it to test dev stuff too). I sent you a message, as I'd like you to share your sheet with me so I can take a look. That usually makes troubleshooting these much easier for me.

I responded to your message. Thanks for getting back to me! It might just be something unique to me, but I'm just also not sure even how the "Roll the Dice!" case is supposed to be considered when it is meant to happen/occur.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing 4.56

Added new crew: Kal'Hyah O'Brien, Luma Rahl Kira, Desert Ben Sisko, Displaced Molly O'Brien, Henry Starling
    Adjusted logic for "Need - Collection Only"
    Fixed EV Suit Garak in "A Little Stroll"
    Fixed Facer Rios from pulling in Cristobal Rios stats.
  • Options
    Publishing 4.56

Added new crew: Kal'Hyah O'Brien, Luma Rahl Kira, Desert Ben Sisko, Displaced Molly O'Brien, Henry Starling

hm, my voyage tab stays empty
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Publishing 4.56

Ugh. I missed two crew on the crew tab and that messed it up. Publishing 4.57 shortly to fix this (and one issue on Molly Obrien)

EDIT: Published.
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    Publishing 4.56

Ugh. I missed two crew on the crew tab and that messed it up. Publishing 4.57 shortly to fix this (and one issue on Molly Obrien)

EDIT: Published.

I'm curious...you guys have done an amazing job on this spreadsheet and I'm trying to figure out how parts of it works and *why* you use certain formulas vs others.

On the Voyage tab, the Multiplier column...you're using this formula down the column:
    =iferror(ARRAYFORMULA(LARGE(IF(Stats!$DT:$DT>1,Stats!$DT:$DT),A3)))

Couldn't you use something like this?
    =query(Stats!$DU:$DU, "Select DU where DU > 0 order by DU desc",0)

And for the other columns on that tab, instead of using the indirect/match, couldn't you use vlookups?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, there are two issues yet on the voyage sheet. I have it fixed for the next release already. two fields are showing incorrect values.
  • Options
    Kal'Hyah O'Brien and Kal'Hyah Bashir have no stats on crew tab
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updates. The sheet is taking a really long time to open again. Each time it's like it loads everything from scratch. Would you have any suggestions?
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Bradski wrote: »
    Kal'Hyah O'Brien and Kal'Hyah Bashir have no stats on crew tab
    Neither Bashir nor O'Brien have the right apostrophe in the import (and neither does Molly), so importing isn't matching up ` with ��� to give you info.
  • Options
    Also, Power Rating and Rank would look better if those columns had vertically-centered text.
  • Options
    ok i see the apostrophe in all three
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry everyone, my son was in the hospital. He's home and much better now. I'll look at all of this next week and see if I can get it all fixed. Thank you.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry everyone, my son was in the hospital. He's home and much better now. I'll look at all of this next week and see if I can get it all fixed. Thank you.

You have other priorities and no one should ever complain.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

You have other priorities and no one should ever complain.

thanks Sven, I've got the new crew done already. Working on the issues. This is a nice escape from reality which is why I love doing it.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.58 will have the following (so far)

"Fixed issue on Voyage tab with Stars and Status not displaying
    Added New Crew: Captain Picard Day Picard, Resigned Picard, Desert Jake Sisko
    Fixed apostrophe issue on Kal'Hyah O'Brien, Displaced Molly O'Brien, and Kal'Hyah Bashir
    Fixed centering on CAB columns"
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updates. The sheet is taking a really long time to open again. Each time it's like it loads everything from scratch. Would you have any suggestions?

As to this issue, I've thought I had it fixed a couple of times, and then it shows up again. I'm wondering if its google doing something or something I did. I've got a message out to someone looking for some assistance on this specific issue. I wish I had a timeframe for fixing it, but I do not yet. I am still working on it though.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    As to this issue, I've thought I had it fixed a couple of times, and then it shows up again. I'm wondering if its google doing something or something I did. I've got a message out to someone looking for some assistance on this specific issue. I wish I had a timeframe for fixing it, but I do not yet. I am still working on it though.

Thanks, you know we're not pushy. Hope everything is well at home. Thanks for working on this for us.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭

If it helps, I found the Dilemmas sheet to be my issue. If I remove the queries in Column E, it opens much better. I would guess that removing all the queries would also help, that page is pretty static, isn't it?
  • Options
    Just a suggestion for the voyage tab, which to be honest I've never actually tried using as I can't actually understand how to use it effectively :) (do you just pick the ones that have the trait matching going from the top?)

An extra column that will show with a tick if they are flagged as an event crew for Galaxy/Faction events so you don't accidentally put them on a voyage.

It's unlikely that someone would have a crew that would outweigh a high stat one and maybe if I understood the sheet usage better, it may not be needed but suggesting it anyway
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭

If it helps, I found the Dilemmas sheet to be my issue. If I remove the queries in Column E, it opens much better. I would guess that removing all the queries would also help, that page is pretty static, isn't it?

Correction: problem of slow opening came back even after deleting Dilemmas. I removed CABs, and it seems consistently stable now. Maybe it's just formula overload.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction: problem of slow opening came back even after deleting Dilemmas. I removed CABs, and it seems consistently stable now. Maybe it's just formula overload.

CAB was my concern as well which is where I've been focusing on Ideas......
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New release published. Slow loading is WIP yet.